Hell-goers seek entertainment from singers, actors and players.

Quincy

It is a serious matter. Should we sing before the 9/11 destruction which is going to be repeated world wide?

Maybe, just maybe because we shouldn't let the actual hell goers bring us down and defeat us. Maybe we shouldn't let them turn us into people stricken with fear and unable to enjoy life's simple pleasures.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Maybe, just maybe because we shouldn't let the actual hell goers bring us down and defeat us. Maybe we shouldn't let them turn us into people stricken with fear and unable to enjoy life's simple pleasures.

We can defeat them only by spiritual love as martyrs did, not by singing. Commies slit the wind pipe of those going to be shot for stopping their singing. But they couldn’t stop martyrs’ love which defeated them at last.

Lon

Looming atomic holocaust darkened twilight of human civilization need drastic effort to save our soul by true love integration. Otherwise the hate-blast of atomic war is sure to break apart our soul (personality). Only spiritual love, strengthened by love-exercise, can bond the soul parts so strongly within and with Love-God that it can’t be broken apart by any tribulation.
Now let us see how we can exercise spiritual love to make it strong enough. Christ said that what you do to the least is done to me. Loving the great is opportunism not self-sacrificing spiritual love. Anything that doesn’t increase our spiritual love is wastage.

In that light playing, singing, so called cultural activities are all useless dissipation. In childhood these may help in developing body and mind, but not in final times. Humanity feels attracted to songs and music as in embryonic stage it was enamored in mother’s heartbeats and blood murmur. That is irrelevant in adulthood.

Fascination to plays and arts stem from a paradise-fallen soul’s fascination to human activities in this world, as it was frantic to get shelter in them by trying to enter in a society through parents. Fascination to certain skin color and figure stems from our infatuation of those in future parents. Without infatuation it can’t enter them. Latter after birth corrupt human society brainwashes its children by its foolish cultures, likes and dislikes. Those are not erasable except in case of saints.

But, souls earnest for saving self seek Heavenly Father and Christ. By their guidance they soon realize that those are foolish dissipation as I found out progressively in my spiritual strivings.

Let them accuse me as a kill-joy. But I get better joy in loving and serving people as parents get by serving children. It helps me and them too. Now I am disgusted more and more with those dissipations as I am maturing. But general people are becoming more enamored in them than in the past. Never before players, musicians and actors got such acclaim and income as now. In USA hundred years ago they were looked down upon by religious minded people. But now humanity accelerating to destruction is degenerating very rapidly.
Jesus spoke in parables (stories). Paul told us to encourage one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. The heavens display His handiwork and the glory of God.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It is a serious matter. Should we sing before the 9/11 destruction which is going to be repeated world wide?

Yes, we should sing.

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Holy harmonies....

Holy harmonies....

Music has become torture here. Constant loud music in bus, train, and neighborhood create such sound pollution! sometimes sleep is impossible at night too.
It has no relevance to spiritual growth. Rather pop sexy songs distract and pollute mind of children and adult alike. All are mercenary singers swearing false endearing words in the name of God, like prostitutes. It is an opiate served by the pride-devil to lead people to soul annihilation unaware. I feel constrained by my weak English to describe that hell of falsehood.

I agree that music that is deranged, discordant, too loud, expressing thoughts and feelings that are derrogatory, depressings and outright vulgar is like an assault to the spirit, doing violence to an otherwise peaceful condition of one's true nature and being. Unfortunately some souls thrive off of certain frequencies and sounds which correlate to their own inner state or condition of mind. Such is the 'law of attraction'.

Music can be an awesome medium however in our worship of 'God' and the inherent nature of Creation, whose key-tones vibrate with goodness, truth, beauty, love. If we are atttuned to God-source and naturally express our divine gifts and potentials as an offering to 'God' and humanity, those expressions of genius and creativity can only bless and glorify God in all beings. In this way we glorify our Father-Mother, whose nature is love, unfolding its creativity in every way possible to express and fulfill that love. Therefore, let minstrels, singers, musicians and artists carry on their ministry. Spirit must express itself in some form or sound as that 'logos' or 'om' (the creative formative principle) is at the heart of Creation...lending itself to resound the promptings of Spirit. Such is the inspiration of 'God'.

View attachment 17632

Let all things that have breath praise 'God'........

pj

Quincy

We can defeat them only by spiritual love as martyrs did, not by singing. Commies slit the wind pipe of those going to be shot for stopping their singing. But they couldn’t stop martyrs’ love which defeated them at last.

I think you miss my point though. I agree that there are evil-doers who seek to harm us but we can't let fear of that rule over our lives. There is nothing sinful about enjoying some music, a movie or sports. They are good bits of recreation and recreation is important. Even Jesus told the apostles to go to a desolate place to rest for awhile from their teaching.

Levolor

Seems to me that music was created to celebrate and worship God. It only follows that the evil one would want to imitate and corrupt it.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
I think you miss my point though. I agree that there are evil-doers who seek to harm us but we can't let fear of that rule over our lives. There is nothing sinful about enjoying some music, a movie or sports. They are good bits of recreation and recreation is important. Even Jesus told the apostles to go to a desolate place to rest for awhile from their teaching.

You also miss my point when i say that love must rule our lives. shall u sing in a house of mourning? The whole world is a house of mourning whose majority is going to eternal death. u can train your mind to enjoy even work that is hard and unpleasant by common standard.

jeremysdemo

well I thought it was nice that the musicians in America came together for a concert to raise money for the hurricane relief...

even if it was a bunch of "Hell-goers seek entertainment" emptying their pockets for a good cause.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Quincy

You also miss my point when i say that love must rule our lives. shall u sing in a house of mourning? The whole world is a house of mourning whose majority is going to eternal death. u can train your mind to enjoy even work that is hard and unpleasant by common standard.

Sure, living in love is a great thing but we must not live in fear of recreation either. It's just recreation and some fun is good for the soul.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
I agree that music that is deranged, discordant, too loud, expressing thoughts and feelings that are derrogatory, depressings and outright vulgar is like an assault to the spirit, doing violence to an otherwise peaceful condition of one's true nature and being. Unfortunately some souls thrive off of certain frequencies and sounds which correlate to their own inner state or condition of mind. Such is the 'law of attraction'.

Music can be an awesome medium however in our worship of 'God' and the inherent nature of Creation, whose key-tones vibrate with goodness, truth, beauty, love. If we are atttuned to God-source and naturally express our divine gifts and potentials as an offering to 'God' and humanity, those expressions of genius and creativity can only bless and glorify God in all beings. In this way we glorify our Father-Mother, whose nature is love, unfolding its creativity in every way possible to express and fulfill that love. Therefore, let minstrels, singers, musicians and artists carry on their ministry. Spirit must express itself in some form or sound as that 'logos' or 'om' (the creative formative principle) is at the heart of Creation...lending itself to resound the promptings of Spirit. Such is the inspiration of 'God'.

View attachment 17632

pj

Shall u sing in a house of mourning? The whole world is a house of mourning whose majority is going to eternal death. It will be worse soon. No soul can be saved by imitating the heart beat and blood murmur of mother, from which music fascination comes. It can be won by imitating crucified Christ, bringing people to repentance. That worship in spirit Father seeks, not vocal and instrumental flattery worship. It is hard work, but you can train your mind to enjoy even work that is hard and unpleasant by common standard. That I found rearing orphans and homeless.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned

View attachment 17632

pj

Shall u sing in a house of mourning? The whole world is a house of mourning whose majority is going to eternal death. It will be worse soon. No soul can be saved by imitating the heart beat and blood murmur of mother, from which music fascination comes. It can be won by imitating crucified Christ, bringing people to repentance. That worship in spirit Father seeks, not vocal and instrumental flattery worship. It is hard work, but you can train your mind to enjoy even work that is hard and unpleasant by common standard. That I found rearing orphans and homeless.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Seems to me that music was created to celebrate and worship God. It only follows that the evil one would want to imitate and corrupt it.

If you set up thousand sound boxes and play loud hymns and worship songs day and night would be Father pleased? Ridiculous!
He will be pleased when you repent actively by cross bearing.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

Looming atomic holocaust darkened twilight of human civilization need drastic effort to save our soul by true love integration. Otherwise the hate-blast of atomic war is sure to break apart our soul (personality). Only spiritual love, strengthened by love-exercise, can bond the soul parts so strongly within and with Love-God that it can’t be broken apart by any tribulation.
Now let us see how we can exercise spiritual love to make it strong enough. Christ said that what you do to the least is done to me. Loving the great is opportunism not self-sacrificing spiritual love. Anything that doesn’t increase our spiritual love is wastage.

In that light playing, singing, so called cultural activities are all useless dissipation. In childhood these may help in developing body and mind, but not in final times. Humanity feels attracted to songs and music as in embryonic stage it was enamored in mother’s heartbeats and blood murmur. That is irrelevant in adulthood.

Fascination to plays and arts stem from a paradise-fallen soul’s fascination to human activities in this world, as it was frantic to get shelter in them by trying to enter in a society through parents. Fascination to certain skin color and figure stems from our infatuation of those in future parents. Without infatuation it can’t enter them. Latter after birth corrupt human society brainwashes its children by its foolish cultures, likes and dislikes. Those are not erasable except in case of saints.

But, souls earnest for saving self seek Heavenly Father and Christ. By their guidance they soon realize that those are foolish dissipation as I found out progressively in my spiritual strivings.

Let them accuse me as a kill-joy. But I get better joy in loving and serving people as parents get by serving children. It helps me and them too. Now I am disgusted more and more with those dissipations as I am maturing. But general people are becoming more enamored in them than in the past. Never before players, musicians and actors got such acclaim and income as now. In USA hundred years ago they were looked down upon by religious minded people. But now humanity accelerating to destruction is degenerating very rapidly.

You'd make a good Muslim