Hebrews 7:12 the law was transferred not changed...

TOL User

BANNED
Banned
This text Heb 7:12 is often used...repeatedly...to insist Ham dinners after Sunday church is ok...

Let’s look at it:

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Entry for Strong's #3331 - μετάθεσις

Transliteration
metáthesis
Phonetics
met-ath'-es-is
00:00 / 00:02
Word Origin
from (3346)
Parts of Speech
Noun Feminine
TDNT
8:161,1176
Word Definition [ Thayer | Strong | Mounce ]
Thayer's Definition
transfer: from one place to another

https://www.studylight.org/lexicons/greek/3331.html

So just like I dont destroy or never use a recipe again after I fulfill its requirements...

nothing is lost or changed when I transfer it from kitchen to kitchen, cook to cook, generation to generation...it does not go from chocolate chip cookies to oatmeal raisin...certainly not lentil loaf to pork roast...lol

The recipe remains...the Law remains...unchanged

The Law went from Heaven to Earth...from wilderness to Jerusalem...from stone to hearts...the Law is that recipe...”Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.”..taste and see that Yah is good...

If too lazy to read or research perhaps this will help:

https://youtu.be/Ae1GTjsesEw

May any of the Word transferred to your ears not be changed...

Hebrews 7:11-12
"11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

TOL User

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 7:11-12
"11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Maybe the question here is not about the law but about the change from the Levitical Priesthood, which was limited to the Tent of Meeting, to the High Priest Priesthood which Aaron received.

TOL User

BANNED
Banned
Maybe the question here is not about the law but about the change from the Levitical Priesthood, which was limited to the Tent of Meeting, to the High Priest Priesthood which Aaron received.

During the Priesthood of Melchisedec, there were no needs for offerings or keeping of The Tent of Meeting.. But after The Sons of Jacob came out of Egypt, The Exodus, Aaron became the High Priest which needed to attend to The Tent of Meeting.

TOL User

BANNED
Banned
During the Priesthood of Melchisedec, there were no needs for offerings or keeping of The Tent of Meeting.. But after The Sons of Jacob came out of Egypt, The Exodus, Aaron became the High Priest which needed to attend to The Tent of Meeting.

So [if]perfection came from the Levitical Priesthood, then why did Jesus become the High Priest in the order of Melchisedec and not in the order of Aaron?

TOL User

BANNED
Banned
12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

But since the priesthood had being changed, there is a necessity to change the law, also.

which Law was changed? To the Jews first then to the Gentiles? The Law(s) of Atonements and the laws of Trespass offerings (or for the cleansing and forgiveness of sin).

Wick Stick

Does nobody read whole chapters anymore?

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

What law? The entire law of Moses? No, that isn't what is in view. What is in view is this one, single law:

Heb 7:12 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren,

Since the priesthood was changed, this law cannot continue as-is. There are no more Levites, so there can be no more Levitical tithe.

daqq

Does nobody read whole chapters anymore?

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

What law? The entire law of Moses? No, that isn't what is in view. What is in view is this one, single law:

Heb 7:12 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren,

Since the priesthood was changed, this law cannot continue as-is. There are no more Levites, so there can be no more Levitical tithe.

Nope, for Lazarus-Eleazar was raised from the dead: thus you will not be able to abolish the Levites either, (Num25:10-11,12,13, Isa66:19-24, Jer33:17-26, Eze44:6-31), and they will simply continue with or without you. Moreover, again, Mat11:13, (better yet, Mat11:7-14, and Mat11:10 is quoting Exo23:20a LXX, [not Mal3:1!]).

Last edited:

daqq

Nope, for Lazarus-Eleazar was raised from the dead: thus you will not be able to abolish the Levites either, (Num25:10-11,12,13, Isa66:19-24, Jer33:17-26, Eze44:6-31), and they will simply continue with or without you. Moreover, again, Mat11:13, (better yet, Mat11:7-14, and Mat11:10 is quoting Exo23:20a LXX, [not Mal3:1!]).

Matthew 11:10 W/H
10 ουτος εστιν περι ου γεγραπται ιδου εγω αποστελλω τον αγγελον μου προ προσωπου σου ος κατασκευασει την οδον σου εμπροσθεν σου

There is no other passage, besides Exo23:20a, which matches the above word for word:

Exodus 23:20 LXX
20 και ιδου εγω αποστελλω τον αγγελον μου προ προσωπου σου ινα φυλαξη σε εν τη οδω οπως εισαγαγη σε εις την γην ην ητοιμασα σοι

And what does this mean?

Matthew 11:7-14 ASV
7 And as these went their way, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to behold? a reed shaken with the wind?
8 But what went ye out to see? a man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they that wear soft raiment are in kings' houses.
9 But wherefore went ye out? to see a prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.
10 This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, Who shall prepare thy way before thee.
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not arisen a greater than John the Baptist: yet he that is but little in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and men of violence take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, that is to come.

Exodus 23:20-21 LXX
20 And behold, I send my Messenger before thy face, that he may keep thee in the way, that he may bring thee into the land which I have prepared for thee.
21 Take heed to thyself and hearken to him, and disobey him not; for he will not give way to thee, for my name is on him.

The Master says that Yohanan is the Messenger of Exo23:20-23, and that he is Eliyahu, and therefore the Messenger of Exo23:20-23 is Eliyahu, ("My Name is in-upon him", that is, El+Yahu, Eliyahu). And therefore, regardless of what every blind scholar and commentator says about this Matthew passage, the Torah was not even fully operational and functional until the DBR, that is to say, after Meshiah had come and fully expounded the spiritual and supernal Torah of Elohim: for he filled it up even according to his Testimony in Mat5:17-20. Nothing is abolished: all of it is transformed in the Testimony of Meshiah found in the Gospel accounts and the Apocalypse.

Wick Stick

As regards Jeremiah 33...

The covenant with the night and day was canceled as well. The sun and moon were turned to darkness.

Those who are priests in perpetuity, after the spirit, are a royal priesthood says Peter, and that is not the Levitical priesthood.

daqq

As regards Jeremiah 33...

The covenant with the night and day was canceled as well. The sun and moon were turned to darkness.

Those who are priests in perpetuity, after the spirit, are a royal priesthood says Peter, and that is not the Levitical priesthood.

Lazarus-Eleazar is one of the "little ones".
(Luk 17:1,2, Rev 1:6 ASV, Rev 6:9,10,11, Rev 20:4,6, see also "The Jesus Club" #333).

So I went to the books, and I looked, and behold, six cities of refuge til the death of haKohen haGadol, and forty two cities with their suburbs and their fields. Abiding unwalled suburbs for the cities of the priests; each abiding town two thousand cubits to a quarter being squared round about the four quadrants of their circuits. Forty two cities of the priests with all their suburbs and the forty two continued from a hodesh to another: month to month in all their sojourns and their goings, even month to month in all the foliage of their trees: month to month with all their fruits and all their goods, even month to month with all their beasts in all their suburbs! :chuckle: