ECT He shall save His people from their sins

Interplanner

Prove it.

Because of what he usually said about the arrival of the light, as in Jn 12:34 and its contrast to what people thought from the Law was going to happen. They don't do Torah worship. In Judaism the 'trinity' was YHWH--TORAH--'ERETZ. Not in the Christian faith.

(This passage I Jn 2:7-8 is not as good an example because it is already referring to the new message of Christ as old--only reaching back to the "beginning" with Christ, 1:1-2)

There is nothing Levitical about 3:22-23, in which plural and single command are fused.

2P2P cracks me up with its supposed 'anchoring' in Hebrews, but doesn't know that Hebrews is the setting aside of the Levitical system, because the true High Priest is here and He is followed by his living sacrifices which go on and on through their lives bearing fruit.

Reactions: Lon

musterion

Because of what he usually said about the arrival of the light, as in Jn 12:34 and its contrast to what people thought from the Law was going to happen. They don't do Torah worship. In Judaism the 'trinity' was YHWH--TORAH--'ERETZ. Not in the Christian faith.

(This passage I Jn 2:7-8 is not as good an example because it is already referring to the new message of Christ as old--only reaching back to the "beginning" with Christ, 1:1-2)

There is nothing Levitical about 3:22-23, in which plural and single command are fused.

2P2P cracks me up with its supposed 'anchoring' in Hebrews, but doesn't know that Hebrews is the setting aside of the Levitical system, because the true High Priest is here and He is followed by his living sacrifices which go on and on through their lives bearing fruit.

So you're saying John's commandment goes right back to Christ in the gospels?

beloved57

His People is synonymous with His Sheep or His Church Matt 1:21, that's who is going to save from their sins !

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 15:11

11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

I thought our worker bee opening poster needs a monkey wrench to ponder.

Last edited:

Interplanner

This is a typical teaching of churchianity.

In that context, it is His people Israel. It's not hard to understand.

God may give an Israel a monarchy but he does not save just Israel from their sins. It is clear from the OT that all nations would be blessed (justified) in the Seed. It is not hard to understand. You just have to be brave enough to disown 2P2P.

The context is not how does Israel gets its monarchy back. That was the mentality of Judaism. The context is what is the one gospel that will be going to all nations. 2P2P does not see this.

Truster

He justifies them from the debt of sin, and that is a huge motivation to shed the interests of sin, but people will still sin.

This passage and its quote show that Matthew knew early that the mission of Christ was this one Gospel, and that while recollecting what to write, he knew that all of them knew the death of Christ was going to do just that early in the ministry. It is set ups like this which bear out the truly human dilemma which we now call 'denial'. We find it in the middle of the synoptics: after confessing that Jesus is the Christ, Peter tries to 'control' Christ and tell him he can't die. Even though he knew all along, unlike the delusion of 2P2P which wants there to be another gospel in (at least) the first half of the synoptics (it doesn't work out in John at all).

Justification has nothing to do with debt, justification is related to justice. Debt is dealt with by redemption.
Your pretence at understanding is made void by your lack of understanding of what the words you are using actually mean.

SaulToPaul 2

You added that part, stolen from a commentary.

Interplanner

Justification has nothing to do with debt, justification is related to justice. Debt is dealt with by redemption.
Your pretence at understanding is made void by your lack of understanding of what the words you are using actually mean.

Sin is a debt and that is why the correct verb for applying Christs righteousness to it is the accounting term 'logizo'--credited. You totally missed that.

Right Divider

Body part
God may give an Israel a monarchy but he does not save just Israel from their sins. It is clear from the OT that all nations would be blessed (justified) in the Seed. It is not hard to understand. You just have to be brave enough to disown 2P2P.
I understand each IN ITS CONTEXT.

You, on the other hand, force contortions on scripture.

The context is not how does Israel gets its monarchy back. That was the mentality of Judaism. The context is what is the one gospel that will be going to all nations. 2P2P does not see this.
:kookoo:

Interplanner

I understand each IN ITS CONTEXT.

You, on the other hand, force contortions on scripture.

:kookoo:

No, you think Judaism is validated in the synoptics; it is not. So when you see concepts that Judaism believed, you think that is what Christ was talking about.

To save his people from their sins is the Christian one. Otherwise, he would have just said (perhaps specifically the Romans) to destroy its enemies. Judaism replaced the Promise to all nations by faith with the old covenant, Gal 3:17. You refuse to accept that verdict.