ECT Have you been deceived by Satan through your church?

marhig

Here come the false accusations from the worker bee. They claim they PRODUCE AND "spiritually pollinate"....which is BOASTING at it's finest.

This "do nothing gospel" she keeps spouting is a slam against the Holy Spirit who does the work and produces the fruit (which is His not ours). She thinks she's quite the little pollinator, doesn't she? :sigh:
We can't do anything without God, but I do the works yes. I carry out the works that God is doing in my heart, the works of God and by the power of the Holy Spirit I am turning from the works of my flesh. But you keep changing what I say to be my works, I keep telling you I can't do it without God and Christ.

Here's Paul, talking about the Gentiles doing works

Acts 26:20

But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

ZacharyB

We can't do anything without God, but I do the works yes. I carry out the works that God is doing in my heart, the works of God and by the power of the Holy Spirit I am turning from the works of my flesh.
You sound like most women on Christian forums who think it's all about them.
I am warning everyone that habitual unrepentant sin results in eternal death!

ZacharyB

Here are some additional comments on 6 of the NT passages in the OP …

“If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter
into life maimed rather than having two hands and go to hell” (Mark 9:43)

Does Jesus go overboard in trying to express the incredible seriousness of sin?

“You will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures
to the end (until his death) will be saved (eternally).” (Matthew 10:22)

There are about 15 NT verses which teach this spiritual Truth above.
And, enduring in the faith until death includes …
• Not falling away during the times of severe persecution of Christians
• Not submitting to the incredible pressure of taking the dreaded mark of the beast
Both of these severe TESTS will be coming upon professing Christians soon!
Re: taking the mark, be sure you read the eternal consequences in Rev.13-14.

“Then when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin, when it is full grown, brings forth (eternal) death.
Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:15-16)

Sin brings forth eternal death upon believers also, unless it is repented of!
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

Repentance includes all of the following: the sorrow over committing the sin,
the confessing it to God, the asking forgiveness for it, the stopping of doing it.

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 John 3:10)
“He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

Many believers have been deceived by the gospel of hyper-grace, the “Me gospel”.
They have been deceived into believing that they have been made
FOREVER righteous because of what Jesus did for them on the Cross.
They have NOT been made FOREVER anything by God’s free gift of grace.
They have NOT been made FOREVER justified, righteous, sanctified, saved, etc.
NO GUARANTEES is what the NT teaches! … because …
We see that all of God’s blessings are CONDITIONAL – all throughout the whole Bible!
Warning: gifts can be taken back, seals can be broken, etc.
Because believers are required to do their part in their salvation.
They are required to co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit.
And the opposite of this is the most-deadly practicing of habitual (unrepentant) sin!

“And do NOT present your member as instruments of unrighteousness to sin,
but present yourselves to God … as instruments of righteousness to God.
… Do you not know that … you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,
whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness? … so now
present your bodies as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
… For the end of those things (past sins) is (eternal) death.
... For the wages of sin is (eternal) death,
but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:13—23)

Paul is writing to born-again believers in Rome (who are strangers to him).
He warns them: sinning, being slaves of sin, being unrighteous – leads to eternal death!
Attention: believers just do NOT understand Paul’s method of writing to the churches.
It is all about being tactful, so he will be welcome to visit them (and teach them more).
Paul mixes his warnings in amongst his MANY edifications, exhortations, blessings, etc.
And he leaves it up to the precious Holy Spirit to reveal the deep meaning of Scripture.
Warning: deceived believers are mistakenly taught to focus on the last line above,
and they just do not realize that all of God’s blessings are CONDITIONAL,
which is seen all throughout the whole entire Bible!

Believers are taught that passages such as the Romans 6 simply do NOT apply to them!
The churches do NOT want to get the troops upset …
because the troops come trooping in every Sunday with their tithes!
To be fair, some church leadership are not this way … they have just been
deceived by the greatest lair and deceiver in history, whose name is Satan!

Danoh

We can't do anything without God, but I do the works yes. I carry out the works that God is doing in my heart, the works of God and by the power of the Holy Spirit I am turning from the works of my flesh. But you keep changing what I say to be my works, I keep telling you I can't do it without God and Christ.

Here's Paul, talking about the Gentiles doing works

Acts 26:20

But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

There is no escaping the fact of passages like that one.

Romans 6 is a good follow up to that passage.

And these are issues of how a saved person is to conduct him or her self, after salvation, not for salvation, nor in order to remain saved, but because one is saved, and such is becoming of one who is.

Meet for...repentance.

Works becoming of one who has turned to the Lord.

Notice in the following, that first is the issue of the Eternal Security (aka Once Saved, Always Saved, or OSAS) of the Believer...and then the issue of works meet for said repentance...

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Chapter 6 begins on the Eternal Security laid out in chapter 5.

He basically opens chapter 6 with the thought "Now then...just because You have all that in Romans 5; just because you HAVE ETERNAL life - does that now mean you can live any way you want - God forbid!"

He then proceeds to go into all that in Romans 6, and how that although the spiritual death that had once had you headed for God's wrath is no more, it is nevertheless now still able to at least keep you from serving him in the manner He has now enabled you to in your new identity in Christ; should you give in to your old identity in Adam.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

And so on...

His view on works for salvation, after salvation, is just as non-existent, as his view of works for salvation, before salvation.

Rather, the works are now because of salvation; because one now has it.

Because it is who one now is.

Note...

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The issue for the person who is saved by faith is now - that old identity in Adam is no longer who you now are.

Notice the contrast between a lost person and the person who because he now has ETERNAL life, not only now has access to it's EMPOWERMENT, but is to walk in it, and not in the old, the lost walk in because it is the nature of the lost to do so.

Notice that contrast here...

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And notice it again here...

1 Corinthians 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Though all things are lawful unto him, because he is saved by the grace of...

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

...he nevertheless views said being able to do as he pleases as "not expedient."

Reminds me of a Mid-Acts GRACE Based Pastor I was once with at some eatery where they served wine.

Within the MAD assemblies I have dealt with a high emphasis is placed on what is known as The Grace Life and it's resulting, joyous liberty in the Lord.

One result of that joyous liberty is that many within those assemblies tend to be quite the ribbers with one another.

So I turned to that Pastor and ribbed him with "how's about a glass of wine with that meal?" :chuckle:

The guy smiles and simply says "I could, but is it expedient? Do I really need to allow myself to be brought under the power of that influence, given all we have in Christ?"

Lol - he shut me up, and good :crackup:

And yet, his entire demeanor was that of that joyous liberty in the Lord the Apostle Paul is focused on in a passage like the following...

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Because of that ETERNAL rest that is ours, that is Romans 5:8.

marhig

Here are some additional comments on 6 of the NT passages in the OP …

“If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter
into life maimed rather than having two hands and go to hell” (Mark 9:43)

Does Jesus go overboard in trying to express the incredible seriousness of sin?

“You will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures
to the end (until his death) will be saved (eternally).” (Matthew 10:22)

There are about 15 NT verses which teach this spiritual Truth above.
And, enduring in the faith until death includes …
• Not falling away during the times of severe persecution of Christians
• Not submitting to the incredible pressure of taking the dreaded mark of the beast
Both of these severe TESTS will be coming upon professing Christians soon!
Re: taking the mark, be sure you read the eternal consequences in Rev.13-14.

“Then when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin, when it is full grown, brings forth (eternal) death.
Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:15-16)

Sin brings forth eternal death upon believers also, unless it is repented of!
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

the confessing it to God, the asking forgiveness for it, the stopping of doing it.

“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 John 3:10)
“He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)

Many believers have been deceived by the gospel of hyper-grace, the “Me gospel”.
They have been deceived into believing that they have been made
FOREVER righteous because of what Jesus did for them on the Cross.
They have NOT been made FOREVER anything by God’s free gift of grace.
They have NOT been made FOREVER justified, righteous, sanctified, saved, etc.
NO GUARANTEES is what the NT teaches! … because …
We see that all of God’s blessings are CONDITIONAL – all throughout the whole Bible!
Warning: gifts can be taken back, seals can be broken, etc.
Because believers are required to do their part in their salvation.
They are required to co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit.
And the opposite of this is the most-deadly practicing of habitual (unrepentant) sin!

“And do NOT present your member as instruments of unrighteousness to sin,
but present yourselves to God … as instruments of righteousness to God.
… Do you not know that … you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,
whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, OR
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness? … so now
present your bodies as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
… For the end of those things (past sins) is (eternal) death.
... For the wages of sin is (eternal) death,
but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:13—23)

Paul is writing to born-again believers in Rome (who are strangers to him).
He warns them: sinning, being slaves of sin, being unrighteous – leads to eternal death!
Attention: believers just do NOT understand Paul’s method of writing to the churches.
It is all about being tactful, so he will be welcome to visit them (and teach them more).
Paul mixes his warnings in amongst his MANY edifications, exhortations, blessings, etc.
And he leaves it up to the precious Holy Spirit to reveal the deep meaning of Scripture.
Warning: deceived believers are mistakenly taught to focus on the last line above,
and they just do not realize that all of God’s blessings are CONDITIONAL,
which is seen all throughout the whole entire Bible!

Believers are taught that passages such as the Romans 6 simply do NOT apply to them!
The churches do NOT want to get the troops upset …
because the troops come trooping in every Sunday with their tithes!
To be fair, some church leadership are not this way … they have just been
deceived by the greatest lair and deceiver in history, whose name is Satan!
You may not believe this, but I was pondering on all of this before I came on here,

I've just been talking to my son about if your hand offends you, cut it off etc. And how that if we are doing wrong and know it, then we are to stop it as it is wrong before God to carry on and sin, and we are to listen to our conscience, if it's pricked and we know something is wrong to do, then we are to turn away. Then I was pondering on baring our cross. And I thought that we have to bare our cross and endure to the end to be saved, even if it ends in our death, whatever happens we suffer it, turn from sin, and partake in the sufferings of christ and show love, mercy and forgiveness in return. And through Christ by the power of the Spirit we can overcome. God will strengthen us to bare what is set before us, if we keep our faith and trust in him.

[quote ] Repentance includes all of the following: the sorrow over committing the sin,
the confessing it to God, the asking forgiveness for it, the stopping of doing it.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth, I totally agree with that. This is true repentance. And salvation is conditional, Paul said that if we don't continue in Gods goodness then we will be cut off. We are to live by the will of God and deny ourselves, take up our cross and truly follow Jesus

marhig

You sound like most women on Christian forums who think it's all about them.
I am warning everyone that habitual unrepentant sin results in eternal death!
No its not about me, but I am blessed at what God has done for me. He's changed my life and my heart and saved me not only from the world, but from my worst enemy, myself and the wiles of satan through my flesh. He's saving me through Christ every day by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And habitual unrepentant sin, once we know the truth, does end in death, God is merciful, but we can't take him for granted, he won't be mocked

marhig

There is no escaping the fact of passages like that one.

Romans 6 is a good follow up to that passage.

And these are issues of how a saved person is to conduct him or her self, after salvation, not for salvation, nor in order to remain saved, but because one is saved, and such is becoming of one who is.

Meet for...repentance.

Works becoming of one who has turned to the Lord.

Notice in the following, that first is the issue of the Eternal Security (aka Once Saved, Always Saved, or OSAS) of the Believer...and then the issue of works meet for said repentance...

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Chapter 6 begins on the Eternal Security laid out in chapter 5.

He basically opens chapter 6 with the thought "Now then...just because You have all that in Romans 5; just because you HAVE ETERNAL life - does that now mean you can live any way you want - God forbid!"

He then proceeds to go into all that in Romans 6, and how that although the spiritual death that had once had you headed for God's wrath is no more, it is nevertheless now still able to at least keep you from serving him in the manner He has now enabled you to in your new identity in Christ; should you give in to your old identity in Adam.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

And so on...

His view on works for salvation, after salvation, is just as non-existent, as his view of works for salvation, before salvation.

Rather, the works are now because of salvation; because one now has it.

Because it is who one now is.

Note...

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The issue for the person who is saved by faith is now - that old identity in Adam is no longer who you now are.

Notice the contrast between a lost person and the person who because he now has ETERNAL life, not only now has access to it's EMPOWERMENT, but is to walk in it, and not in the old, the lost walk in because it is the nature of the lost to do so.

Notice that contrast here...

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And notice it again here...

1 Corinthians 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Though all things are lawful unto him, because he is saved by the grace of...

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

...he nevertheless views said being able to do as he pleases as "not expedient."

Reminds me of a Mid-Acts GRACE Based Pastor I was once with at some eatery where they served wine.

Within the MAD assemblies I have dealt with a high emphasis is placed on what is known as The Grace Life and it's resulting, joyous liberty in the Lord.

One result of that joyous liberty is that many within those assemblies tend to be quite the ribbers with one another.

So I turned to that Pastor and ribbed him with "how's about a glass of wine with that meal?" :chuckle:

The guy smiles and simply says "I could, but is it expedient? Do I really need to allow myself to be brought under the power of that influence, given all we have in Christ?"

Lol - he shut me up, and good :crackup:

And yet, his entire demeanor was that of that joyous liberty in the Lord the Apostle Paul is focused on in a passage like the following...

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Because of that ETERNAL rest that is ours, that is Romans 5:8.
I will read this properly later, my phone is about to go off, but after reading the first part quickly, I think you believe in OSAS. Sorry but I don't agree with that, we are being saved by the Spirit daily if we remain in Gods goodness, and live by the will of God. Once we start to lust after the flesh again after we know the truth, and carry on wilfully sinning, then we are in danger of being cut off.

We are to endure to the end to be eternally saved.

I'll read it all properly a bit later, thanks

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You may not believe this, but I was pondering on all of this before I came on here,

I've just been talking to my son about if your hand offends you, cut it off etc. And how that if we are doing wrong and know it, then we are to stop it as it is wrong before God to carry on and sin, and we are to listen to our conscience, if it's pricked and we know something is wrong to do, then we are to turn away. Then I was pondering on baring our cross. And I thought that we have to bare our cross and endure to the end to be saved, even if it ends in our death, whatever happens we suffer it, turn from sin, and partake in the sufferings of christ and show love, mercy and forgiveness in return. And through Christ by the power of the Spirit we can overcome. God will strengthen us to bare what is set before us, if we keep our faith and trust in him.

the confessing it to God, the asking forgiveness for it, the stopping of doing it.​

This is the truth, I totally agree with that. This is true repentance. And salvation is conditional, Paul said that if we don't continue in Gods goodness then we will be cut off. We are to live by the will of God and deny ourselves, take up our cross and truly follow Jesus

Crucifix vs the Cross and the controversy... Re-Crucified, Risen or God? Propitiation....

A crucifix has Jesus still on the cross and some teach that sinning "re-crucifies" Jesus. What this is really saying is that God isn't powerful enough to save a sinner. It makes people gods of their destiny and without requirement of the cross or resurrection.

If transgressions of the law still damn a person... then Christ accomplished nothing.

You tell your son this? You are vile and mock God to your child! You lock up heaven to him! I'm sincerely horrified by you!

Double talking liar that you are...

You have declared salvation conditional in our works of the flesh. Only one teaches others to teach this...

The ruler of this world has you teaching that Satan is more powerful than Jesus. Angel of light that disguises himself... and the father of lies. Murderer of truth and God's provision...

I sincerely see you as a destroyer of what Christ accomplished and a false witness with the mouth of a spiritual harlot!

You make Christ's sacrifice to no effect in every word you speak! You are deceitful and grimly clad with the theology of demons....

God Help You!

marhig

Crucifix vs the Cross and the controversy... Re-Crucified, Risen or God? Propitiation....

A crucifix has Jesus still on the cross and some teach that sinning "re-crucifies" Jesus. What this is really saying is that God isn't powerful enough to save a sinner. It makes people gods of their destiny and without requirement of the cross or resurrection.

If transgressions of the law still damn a person... then Christ accomplished nothing.

You tell your son this? You are vile and mock God to your child! You lock up heaven to him! I'm sincerely horrified by you!

Double talking liar that you are...

You have declared salvation conditional in our works of the flesh. Only one teaches others to teach this...

The ruler of this world has you teaching that Satan is more powerful than Jesus. Angel of light that disguises himself... and the father of lies. Murderer of truth and God's provision...

I sincerely see you as a destroyer of what Christ accomplished and a false witness with the mouth of a spiritual harlot!

You make Christ's sacrifice to no effect in every word you speak! You are deceitful and grimly clad with the theology of demons....

God Help You!
They called Jesus a devil, so I'm not worried what you call me, I only care what God thinks of me, and Jesus said this.

Matthew 5

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

And yes, I teach my family to turn from sin and the world and obey the living God. It's not all done for us, Jesus showed and taught us how to live before God, that's why he came as an example for us to follow. Jesus clearly taught us to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow him. And through him, by the power of the Spirit, we can overcome. But we still have to obey God and Christ.

And you need to read your bible again, in Hebrews, it clearly teaches that we can crucify Christ afresh and put him to an open shame if we fall away, and we fall away when we put our flesh and the world before God.

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame

And Paul taught this,

Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

And this

Romans 11

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off

And Peter

2 Peter 3

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

And it's not whether God can keep us from sin, of course he can, those born of God are sealed by the Spirit, as long as we live by the will of God, but once we lust after the flesh again then God can turn us over to our reprobate minds a shown in Romans 1

marhig

Romans 1

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who KNOWING the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

ZacharyB

And salvation is conditional, Paul said that if we don't continue in Gods goodness then we will be cut off. We are to live by the will of God and deny ourselves,
take up our cross and truly follow Jesus
Isn't it incredible that millions of American believers have been reading
all of these dozens of dire warnings in the NT, but doing nothing about it?
There have been several reasons for this catastrophy.