ECT Have you been deceived by Satan through your church?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Truth is not to be debated but either accepted or rejected.

Truster... Theological "opinion" in discussion is no reason to ignore 1 Corinthians 1:13 and 1 John 4:8!

Oh... and TRUTH has a name... John 5:39 and John 14:6 ... sincerely... the Island of Truster approach only benefits you. We have to give and receive! Conversation and relation is a two way street.

Truster

Truster... Theological "opinion" in discussion is no reason to ignore 1 Corinthians 1:13 and 1 John 4:8!

Oh... and TRUTH has a name... John 5:39 and John 14:6 ... sincerely... the Island of Truster approach only benefits you. We have to give and receive! Conversation and relation is a two way street.

Read my signature.

Danoh

Danoh ... there are multiple forms of the sewing and growing that Jesus spoke of. OSAS refers to those bound to Jesus by faith in His Divinry and Finished work. It's also referred to in scripture as... Belief with all of ones "heart"... as in Acts 8:37 ...

The Laws unto themselves and Subject to the Spirit that don't know... are known in fate by God Alone.

Some thoughts...

Where is all that in the following?

Where is it in Romans 3?

Or in Romans 5, for that matter?

And Romans 5 is a core chapter when sharing with someone that they are sinners; God's wrath is the best they can expect; but God commended His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Lordship Salvation, which is the issue of His Divinity; is core within Israel's relationship with the LORD.

Because He WAS and IS THEIR Lord.

Which is why it's assertion is so prevalent in the OT; in Matt. thru John; in Early Acts; and in Hebrews thru Revelation.

The Body's doctrine on this is the reverse of that - He is Lord only AFTER He is Saviour.

The Gentiles were WITHOUT God in the world, Rom. 1; Eph. 2.

Until He is our Saviour, we have no strength by which to make, that is to say, walk in, Him as Lord, Rom. 6.

And yes, I believe that His being Divine is tied to His being Lord, and vice-versa.

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

That He is Lord to a Body member is a given only after one is a Body member.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

And Romans 6 is not the issue of Salvation - it is the issue of Sanctification AFTER Salvation.

The issue of walking in Him as Lord now that He has saved you.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

That first passage there is the OSAS doctrine he has just finished going into in Romans 5.

He is basically saying "now that you have OSAS, does that mean you should live as you please? No! Because HE is NOW YOUR Lord!

And he goes into only AFTER Romans 5's Salvation.

Only then does he go into Lordship.

Which is the issue of the Lord's Divinity and thus, of His Lordship over the Righteousness the Believer is NOW said to be enabled to live up to under said Lordship.

Because Romans 5:8

ZacharyB

While we most certainly can learn much from what Jesus said,

How about we find out what Jesus Christ in his own words said to whom he was sent?

Matthew 15:24

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That is plenty clear and plain enough for me.

How about you?

I am not one of the lost sheep of the house of Israel, are you?

I am a son of God born again of God' spirit, aren't you?
Yeahbutski ... Didn't the Epistle writers refer back all the time to the Gospels?
Paul was sent to the Gentiles, but quoted Jesus all the time. Etc.
Try hard to get over it.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Read my signature.

Read mine...

giphy.gif

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Some thoughts...

Because Romans 5:8

I can see you....

giphy.gif

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.​

I mean this to be kind and express something I'm observing and appreciate...

oatmeal

Yeahbutski ... Didn't the Epistle writers refer back all the time to the Gospels?
Paul was sent to the Gentiles, but quoted Jesus all the time. Etc.
Try hard to get over it.

Well, show me "all the time" from scripture.

In the book of Acts, my quick recollection of words of Jesus quoted by Paul are but one passage. "It is more blessed to give than to receive"

Do you have any others?

Of course they would teach of events that were eventually written down to be our scripture.

Our salvation/redemption depends on those things being accomplished.

I share from all of God's word, I do not hesitate to share from the gospels when needed. John 14:12 is one favorite of mine.

Surely, it is right and just to teach scripture that is for our learning, Romans 15:4.

However, very little scripture is actually addressed directly to the believers in this age of grace.

Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision, and was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

His successful ministry most certainly had much farther reaching benefits than just to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, John 3:16 tells us that. God so loved the world, not just the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus the anointed, accomplished the works necessary to whosoever chooses to believe and receive redemption and salvation.

By saying that what Jesus spoke to the lost sheep of the house of Israel as a minister to the circumcision does not diminish his role as the son of God.

He was focused on doing the God's will for his life. Jesus the anointed refused to stray from his calling.

How about we learn that from him?

After all, are we not to walk a narrow path?

Does our justification give us license to sin? God forbid, but it does give us a great reason to forget the past and move on learning and on doing the will of God for our lives to fulfill our callings.

How blessed we would be when God and Jesus Christ praise us for doing what we were called to do!

We are his beloved sons now! I John 3:1-2

ZacharyB

... very little scripture is actually addressed directly to the believers
in this age of grace.
Thou forgottest to put in your lol.

Today's church way over-estimates the bold U/L.
If and when you received a new nature and the indwelling Holy Spirit,
you experienced God's free gift of His grace!
Then, after that, you were responsible to co-operate with God's Spirit
in maintaining everything you received.
E.G. we have a dozen verses that say those who practice righteousness are righteous!

marhig

A manifestation of a thing is the thing manifested! A reflection of you in a mirror is YOUR reflection. If I pointed to your manifest reflection in a mirror and asked you who it was... and you said... "not me"... you would be showing yourself we-tod-it.

Marhig... De Nile isn't just a river in a far off land... :doh:

God was manifested in FLESH ... DEAL WITH it oh delusional one!
The mirror isn't me, it just shows an image of me!

marhig

The only clear NT verse that I know of is ...
"If you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins!" (John 8:24)

This verse (and about 7 similar ones in John) do NOT have a "he" after "I AM"
in the original Greek.
The translators have added "he" simply for readability.
Zachary, look at the next verse

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

Who did Jesus say that he was from the beginning of his ministry? God? Or the Son of God?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zachary, look at the next verse

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

Who did Jesus say that he was from the beginning of his ministry? God? Or the Son of God?

Zac-

So they preached thoughout the book of acts that one must believe Jesus is the I am to be saved????

LA

marhig

Shore enough, since "he" was bearing witness of Himself.

John 8:12

12*Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true
Lean not on your own understanding

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

What do you think Jesus was hearing?

marhig

Which is the buzz of every worker bee. ".....ME....overcome this world."
I can't overcome anything without God and Christ. And as I've said before, I'd rather be a worker bee spiritually pollinating and producing honey, that a lookalike wasp stinging constantly and producing nothing, like the false witnesses who don't believe that they have to be doers of the word and are quite happy, condemning others whilst being hearers only of their do nothing false gospel, deceiving themselves!

Last edited:

marhig

Would you care to see the 15 verses in John where He says (or hints) that He is I AM?
Christ Jesus didn't need to hint at anything, he clearly says that God is his God and father and that the father is the only true God and I believe him.

Why shouldn't I believe him?

glorydaz

I can't overcome anything without God and Christ. And as I've said before, I'd rather be a worker bee spiritually pollinating and producing honey, that a lookalike wasp stinging constantly and producing nothing, like the false witnesses who don't believe that they have to be doers of the word and are quite happy, condemning others whilst being hearers only of their do nothing false gospel, deceiving themselves!

Here come the false accusations from the worker bee. They claim they PRODUCE AND "spiritually pollinate"....which is BOASTING at it's finest.

This "do nothing gospel" she keeps spouting is a slam against the Holy Spirit who does the work and produces the fruit (which is His not ours). She thinks she's quite the little pollinator, doesn't she? :sigh: