Greetings

Truster

I notice you chose a slogan by Gandhi. Unfortunately it's romantic nonsense. It was the hatred that the Eternal has for sin that was exhibited in His wrath being poured out upon His Son that defeated the enmity.

Elohim so loved the world? Yes of course, because the cosmos was the work of His Son, but what did He then do? He gave His only begotten Son, for what purpose? So that the wrath and vindictive justice He had against sin and sinners, and must manifest, was directed at His Son during those hours of darkness.

Hatred defeated enmity and the root of enmity is hatred.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I notice you chose a slogan by Gandhi. Unfortunately it's romantic nonsense. It was the hatred that the Eternal has for sin that was exhibited in His wrath being poured out upon His Son that defeated the enmity.

this guy knows hate

kiwimacahau

Welcome! How is the climate in your neck of the woods? It is 10F in Minnesota wherein I dwell.

Just had a string of 28-30C days (82-86f) Much too hot for me but still cool for here. We are winding down into Autumn & so the nights are slowly lengthening / days shortening. Times like this remind me of Gerald Manley Hopkins:

". . .Glory be to God for dappled things –
For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;
For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;
Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches’ wings;
Landscape plotted and pieced – fold, fallow, and plough;
And áll trádes, their gear and tackle and trim.

All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Praise him . . ."

kiwimacahau

Elohim so loved the world? Yes of course, because the cosmos was the work of His Son, but what did He then do? He gave His only begotten Son, for what purpose? So that the wrath and vindictive justice He had against sin and sinners, and must manifest, was directed at His Son during those hours of darkness.

Hatred defeated enmity and the root of enmity is hatred.

Actually the slogan was not Gandhi's but Buddha's. I would argue that he is quite correct. It is love that defeats hatred and it is, finally, the only force that can overcome evil.