Gradualism

fzappa13

I'm not arguing for or against the writings of C.S. Lewis but when reading one of his works I noted that he sagely pointed out the gradual nature of change wrought by those who would guide the opinions and thereby the affairs of mankind. Most of the posters here are old enough to have noted this change in one area or aspect of their lives and I was wondering whether or not a accounting of this change might be in order and maybe even helpful in understanding where it is we have been and where it is we are going.

Remember when you couldn't smoke on TV?

fzappa13

... and that was after an entire generation was given free cigarettes with their rations during WW2.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm not arguing for or against the writings of C.S. Lewis but when reading one of his works I noted that he sagely pointed out the gradual nature of change wrought by those who would guide the opinions and thereby the affairs of mankind. Most of the posters here are old enough to have noted this change in one area or aspect of their lives and I was wondering whether or not a accounting of this change might be in order and maybe even helpful in understanding where it is we have been and where it is we are going.

Remember when you couldn't smoke on TV?

well, i remember smoking commercials on tv. a haven't read any Lewis, however i think it's a factor. i do not contemplate "guiding affairs", not sure what gradual change you refer to. simply compiling more wisdom, knowledge, technology and history everyday for thousands of years, change is inevitable, gradual or quick. if it's a spiritual awakening of mankind coinciding with the internet and TOL and gradually preaching Jesus Christ to the whole world, yes i think that's increasing. knowing Christ and His Dispensation to Paul is required reading and gradually more and more folks will hear and understand - :patrol:

View attachment 19636

View attachment 19637

View attachment 19638

View attachment 19639

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I remember when you where held responsible for what you did
we didn't need
seat belts
helmets
smoke alarms
sprinklers
air bags
baby car seats
you had to be careful
you had to use cash
you had to put money down

fzappa13

I remember when you where held responsible for what you did
we didn't need
seat belts
helmets
smoke alarms
sprinklers
air bags
baby car seats
you had to be careful
you had to use cash
you had to put money down

Ah, the insurance industry. How many ways have they changed our lives and to what end?

fzappa13

well, i remember smoking commercials on tv. a haven't read any Lewis, however i think it's a factor. i do not contemplate "guiding affairs", not sure what gradual change you refer to. simply compiling more wisdom, knowledge, technology and history everyday for thousands of years, change is inevitable, gradual or quick. if it's a spiritual awakening of mankind coinciding with the internet and TOL and gradually preaching Jesus Christ to the whole world, yes i think that's increasing. knowing Christ and His Dispensation to Paul is required reading and gradually more and more folks will hear and understand - :patrol:

View attachment 19636

View attachment 19637

View attachment 19638

View attachment 19639

Remember the huge lawsuit against tobacco manufacturers? To what end?

elohiym

Obviously :chuckle:

But what is legal and what is not ... how has that changed over the years and where is it all heading?

Where it's heading? More eugenics or one sort or another. One abomination on the horizon is the abortion vaccine.