Theology Club: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]GRACE AMBASSADORS
MINISTRY UPDATE[/h]
April 21st, 2018
[h=2]Don’t Be an Enemy[/h]While the law places barriers between one nation and another, God’s grace gives us the privilege to freely communicate the truth with everyone despite denomination, culture, or color.

Do not portray yourself as someone’s enemy just because they are Catholic, Pentecostal, Muslim, or Atheist. The battle is not against flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness (Eph 6:12).

Our mission is not to destroy each other, but rather to deliver souls alive in Christ from their doctrinal snares. This is done with sound doctrine, carefully applied to the pressure points of their ignorance.

Swinging your doctrinal sword in anger may win the day, but it will not convince the man. Be gentle, apt to teach, so that we might by all means 0save some (1 Cor 9:22).

For His glory,

Justin Johnson

[h=2]Coming Out of the Closet[/h]While Christians desperately try to put homosexuality back into the closet, they forget that the cat of fornication is already out of the bag.

Read More
[h=2]What is the Devil Doing?[/h]To most American self-identified Christians, the Devil is as real as Frankenstein or the tooth fairy. A majority does not believe he is a real being, but just a symbol for evil.

Read More
[h=2]Verse List: The Twelve Did Not Preach the Cross[/h]A compilation of verses that prove the Twelve Apostles of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were ignorant of the preaching of the cross for salvation.

Read More
[h=2]Audio: What Happened to Peter’s Ministry[/h]One of the most common questions people have after learning about the revelation of the mystery that Christ gave to the Apostle Paul is, “What happened to Peter’s ministry?” This lesson explains how and why Peter’s ministry decreased as Paul’s increased.

Read More
[h=2]Find more free resources at www.graceambassadors.com[/h]
[h=2]THE GOSPEL THAT SAVES[/h]"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJB)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Baptism Gospel
http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/the-baptism-gospel
By Justin Johnson
“For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.” – 1 Cor 1:17

Paul tells us that the gospel he preaches is separate from water baptism. The gospel Paul proclaimed was the preaching of the cross (1 Cor 1:18).

By the cross we have forgiveness of sins through his blood, atonement, redemption, and reconciliation with God. All given by God’s grace and imputed to us by faith.

The good news of water baptism was diminished in light of what the cross of Christ could accomplish.

The Gospel of Baptism

“ John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.” – Mark 1:4

Washings were performed frequently in the Jerusalem temple to make things clean. Sacrifices were required of men to atone for sins under the Mosaic law. Then, John the Baptist came preaching water baptism to all Israel for the remission of sins.

Anyone in Israel could come to John and be baptized in water to make themselves clean. While we know that no man’s effort can truly cover sins, God offered water baptism through John for forgiveness.

Many in Israel had their sins washed away by water baptism without as much as one sacrifice. They only needed repentance. This was great news to all who would repent (Mat 3:6-8)!

Wash Away Your Sins

The good news of the coming kingdom was combined with the good news of remission of sins. This water baptism gospel, also called the “gospel of the kingdom”, was how the twelve apostles preached the gospel to many during Jesus ministry to Israel (Luke 7:29-30).

They continued the water baptism gospel through Pentecost where Israel pricked in their heart asked what they should do for the sin of crucifying the Messiah. Peter’s response:

“ Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,…” – Acts 2:38

A devout disciple of Jesus and partner with Peter preaching the gospel of the kingdom explained to a newly converted Paul that water baptism indeed washed away sins:

“ And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.” – Acts 22:16

Water Baptism Supplanted

No one preaching the baptism gospel understood the preaching of the cross. Wherever the baptism gospel is presented in scripture it is always presented for remission (forgiveness) of sins.

But Paul taught the cross of Christ for forgiveness of sins. Water baptism had been supplanted by something greater!

At one time the gospel of a kingdom and remission of sins was intimately tied to water baptism. That is, until Paul.

No wonder that there are so many confusions about water baptism when people fail to recognize the special revelation given to Paul from the Lord.

It was first known by Paul that water baptism was not required and was separate from the true forgiveness of sins which is through Christ’s blood (Eph 1:7).

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: November 28, 2009
Last Modified: July 22, 2016
Related posts:

1. -Does Romans 6:3-4 Teach Water Baptism?
    -To Fulfil All Righteousness
    -Following the Lord in Baptism
    -List: Baptisms in the Bible
    -The Kingdom of Priests
    -Should I Be Water Baptized?
    -What is Baptism?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
To Fulfil All Righteousness

http://graceambassadors.com/tradition/baptism/to-fulfil-all-righteousness
By Justin Johnson

John the Baptist water baptized Jews.
Water baptism was not a new thing. Jews were being water baptized for centuries under the law requirements in the temple and in large pools like Bethesda (John 5:2).

However, John was unique in that he was a prophet, did not wear temple garments (he wore camel’s hair), and he preached in the wilderness not near the temple.
He preached water baptism and repentance for the remission of sins. Remission of sins is forgiveness.

“John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.” – Mark 1:4
“And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;” – Luke 3:3

The Baptism of Jesus
When Jesus came to be water baptized, John realized that he had no sin to remit, and forbad Jesus to be baptized.

“But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?” – Mat 3:14

Jesus insisted to be baptized, but not because he had secret sins to confess. Jesus knew he was God manifest in the flesh, and without sin. The Lord said:

“Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness.” – Mat 3:15

The reason Jesus needed to be water baptized by John alongside sinful Israel was not because he had secret sins to confess, but to fulfil all righteousness.

But, what does that mean?

To Fulfill the Law
Jesus did not come to destroy the promises, prophets, and laws given to Israel. He was not setting a new pattern with his water baptism, but fulfilling an old one.

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” – Matt 5:17

Washings with water were required for many different people at different times with different purposes under the law. If someone failed to do them, they would be guilty of breaking the law.

One particular law that was being invoked by John was the washing requirement for all priests.

John was preaching the kingdom come and in the kingdom the entire nation of Israel was to be priests unto the Lord (Exo 19:6, Isa 61:6).
Jesus kept the law perfectly, and as such submitted himself to the required ordinances to fulfill all righteousness.

To Fulfill the Prophets
The law and the prophets spoke of Jesus. A few prophecies spoke of the messenger coming before the Lord to prepare his way.

“As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.” – Mark 1:2-3 (quoting Mal 4:1 and Isa 40:3)

John the Baptist was that messenger, and Jesus was the prophesied Lord.
God told John a prophecy that he would be able to identify the Messiah through his water baptism.

“And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.” – John 1:31-33

If Jesus did not fulfil what was spoken of him then the prophecies would be false, the message of John the Baptist a lie, and God would be unrighteous.

Jesus came to fufill the prophets and he fulfilled multiple prophecies by being water baptized of John.

To Justify John’s Message
Jesus was water baptized to justify John’s message.

John the Baptist preached the kingdom was at hand. Those that heard his preaching and justified God’s word to him were water baptized of him (just as they justified God in Jesus’ ministry).

“And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.” – Luke 7:29

By being baptized of John, Jesus was saying, “John’s teachings are truly from God”.
In order to align himself with God’s prophet and his message, Jesus needed to be water baptized of John.

Through participation in the water baptism of sinful Israel, Jesus identified himself with Israel looking for a kingdom come, and then presented himself as the one who would fulfill all righteousness.

To Make Himself Known
Multiple times in Jesus’ time on earth God spoke from heaven and testified that Jesus was His Son (John 12:28, Mat 17:5).

Jesus knew that he was the Son of God (Luke 2:49), and that his water baptism would identify him as such to Israel. Therefore, Jesus insisted to

John that he be water baptized of him.
When he came up out of the water the Spirit of God descended on him and God spoke for everyone to hear.

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” – Matt 3:16-17

Without his water baptism there would not be this public identification that he was the Son of God.
John later would preach this event as proof that he was the Messiah.

“And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him… And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.” – John 1:32-34

Conclusion
Nobody in Jesus’ time could accomplish what Jesus did in his water baptism.

Neither does anyone today in the dispensation of grace need to follow Jesus in baptism. We have a greater baptism that identifies us with Christ, being baptized by faith into his death.

“But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!” – Luke 12:50
“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?” – Rom 6:3

Jesus was not water baptized to institute a new ordinance. Water baptism was an old tradition.
He was not water baptized for the remission of his sins, as was everyone else that was water baptized.
He was water baptized to fulfill all righteousness in that he was the prophesied Messiah, the Son of God.

1. -The Baptism Gospel
    -Does Romans 6:3-4 Teach Water Baptism?
    -How to Be Baptized Without Getting Wet
    -One Lord, One Faith, Three Baptisms!
    -Acts 2:38 is Not the Preaching of the Cross

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I see one gospel after Acts 9 - I'm still studying this and the whole timeline of Acts as related to Paul's epistles.

Acts 9:15 KJV -
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Paul's gospel as "the faith."

Acts 14:22 KJV -
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 14:27 KJV -
And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Acts 16:5 KJV -
And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Acts 20:21 KJV -
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 24:24 KJV -
And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

Acts 26:18 KJV -
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Acts 9:29-31 KJV -
And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him. 30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus. 31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Acts 21:39 KJV -
But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

Galatians 1:20-24 KJV -
Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. 21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; 22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: 23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. 24 And they glorified God in me.

Acts 11:25-26 KJV -
Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul: 26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 15:12 KJV -
Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Acts 14:27 KJV -
And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

15:23-24 KJV -
And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: 24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Acts 15:36 KJV -
And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do.

15:40 KJV -
And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God. 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Acts 2:38 is Not the Preaching of the Cross

By Justin Johnson

“Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” – Acts 2:37-38

If Acts 2:38 is the gospel that saves today, then there is no reason to preach the finished work of the cross for salvation.

After Peter condemned the men of Israel for killing Jesus, who was both Lord and Christ, many in the crowd sought deliverance from their actions. What should they do to save themselves from the wrath of God that would surely come as a result of their rejection of Christ?
Peter’s response did not include trusting the finished work of Christ on the cross. In fact, his response did not include the cross at all!

Repentance and Baptism
Peter did not preach the cross for salvation, but instead called them all to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins.
This was the same message of John the Baptist years earlier before the cross of Christ.

“John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.” – Mark 1:4

John did not baptize in the name of Jesus, but his baptism did help identify Jesus as the Son of God (John 1:31).
There was one difference to the message John preached. This water baptism was to be “in the name of Jesus Christ.”

The Name of Jesus Christ
Jesus and the disciples baptized with John’s baptism of repentance throughout their three year ministry before the cross. Except their message also included the identification of Jesus as the prophesied Christ.

“He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” – John 3:18

To be baptized meant they were receiving repentance and remission of sins in preparation for the kingdom come, but also believing that Jesus was Christ the King whom John said would come.

“And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.” – Luke 7:29

Naming Jesus of Nazareth as Israel’s Christ was the purpose of the Lord’s ministry to Israel. It was on this issue that Jesus evaluated how his ministry was being received.

“When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” – Matthew 16:13

All of this was preached before the event of the cross. Moreover, it was preached without the disciples understanding the cross (Matt 16:21-23). The cross was not being preached as the means of salvation unto all. What was preached was the name of Jesus Christ.

The Gift of the Holy Ghost
The new thing in Peter’s message at Pentecost was the presence of the promised Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38 adds as a consequence of being baptized with John’s baptism, and naming Jesus as the Christ, which was receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The prophets spoke about the Holy Ghost (including John the Baptist – Matt 3:11). Jesus taught that the Holy Ghost would be necessary for Israel to enter their kingdom.

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” – John 3:5

The Holy Spirit would provide the necessary power for Israel’s new covenant to be fulfilled (Eze 36:26). As God’s purpose for Israel unfolded Acts 2:38 was right on time, but it did not include the revelation of the mystery or the gospel of the cross.

The Missing Cross
By the time Peter preached Acts 2:38, Christ had died and resurrected, but his message was not offering the cross for salvation.
The cross was the means of condemnation. It was another link in a long chain of Israel killing their prophets, and then being called on to repent.

Time was running out for Israel, but God was still giving opportunity for them to be forgiven per request of the Lord.

“Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” – Luke 23:34

If the preaching of the cross of Christ for salvation is the measure of salvation for today, then Acts 2:38 is not the gospel that saves today.
If Acts 2:38 is the gospel that saves today, then we do not need to understand or preach the finished work of the cross of Christ to save.
God forbid.

“For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” – 1 Corinthians 1:17-18

Peter did not yet know what was later revealed to the apostle Paul about the cross. With a full Bible, we have no excuse today for not reading further than Acts 2:38.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: January 27, 2018
Last Modified: February 1, 2018
Related posts:

1. -Not Identified With the Holy Ghost
    -Baptism and Manifesting Christ to Israel
    -The First to Preach the Gospel
    -Handling Gospel Transition
    -The Baptism Gospel

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The First to Preach the Gospel

By Justin Johnson
The duty of the church is to preach the gospel. This ministry responsibility is unanimously affirmed by Bible believing Christians.

However, there is no small disagreement about our pattern for gospel preaching. Different churches pattern their ministry after who they believe preached the gospel first.

The first to preach the gospel sets the pattern for those that follow.

The Gospel

First, we must define the plain and simple gospel. Surely, we must all agree with the clear gospel of the cross found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

“I declare unto you the gospel… By which also ye are saved… how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” – 1 Cor 15:1-4

The gospel is Christ and his finished work on our behalf for salvation. Through faith in the cross of Christ we have God’s grace, atonement for sins, and eternal life. By the gospel we glory in the cross of Christ (Gal 6:14).

Now, we already know this gospel was clearly preached by Paul in 1 Corinthians, but Paul also says he was the last to see Christ(1 Cor 15:8).

For this reason, we can place Paul at the end of our list of potential first preachers of the gospel. It requires more investigation to see who could possibly have preached the gospel first before him.

John the Baptist

Mark 1:1 starts with “the beginning of the gospel”, and it is here that the Baptist churches plant their pattern for ministry.

The gospel of John the baptist included water baptism, and repentance for the remission of sins. Unfortunately, John did not know who Jesus was for much of his ministry (Matt 11:2-3).

“And I knew him not…” – John 1:33

This would make it obvious that John could not have been first to preach the gospel of Christ and his cross. The future death of Christ was totally absent from John’s preaching.

Jesus’ Ministry to Israel

Jesus is the Son of God, and began his ministry shortly after John. For this reason, Evangelical churches think the pattern of gospel ministry should come from Jesus’ ministry to Israel.

However, when we read what Jesus preached when he began his ministry we find that it was not his death for sins and resurrection, but a kingdom that was prophesied to Israel (Matt 15:24).

“Now after that John was put into prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” – Mark 1:14

Clearly, Jesus ministered to the circumcision about the promises made to the fathers(Rom 15:8). Jesus showed himself to be the King and the Son of God, but was silent about his future death until later in his ministry.

Peter and the Twelve

The Roman Catholics find their pattern of ministry in the hands of Peter, who was given the keys of the kingdom in Matthew 16:19. In this same chapter Jesus began to tell his disciples that he must suffer, die, and be raised (Matt 16:21).

This sounds promising, since Christ’s death and resurrection are events so essential for the gospel of salvation, but at this time Peter did not know this was a gospel.

“Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.” – Matt 16:22

Obviously, Peter was not here preaching the gospel of the cross, since he tried to prevent the cross the first time he heard about it. Hardly the pattern of church ministry.

We should remember that the twelve disciples were sent by the Lord to preach the gospel of the kingdom, not the gospel of the cross:

“And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God…” – Luke 9:2

When Christ began to tell them privately of his future death, they did not understand.

“And they understood none of these things…” – Luke 18:34

This could only mean that the gospel that the twelve preached did not include the cross. If their preaching did not include the cross, surely their gospel was not the gospel of the cross.

Peter at Pentecost

It is at this point we move forward to the time when Pentecostals think the gospel began. After all, it was after his resurrection that Christ gave his disciples a commission to preach the gospel.

“Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” – (Mark 16:15).

Which gospel was preached at Pentecost? Was Peter the first to preach the gospel when he was filled with the Holy Ghost?

“Then Peter said unto them, ‘Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” – Acts 2:38

What is clear from Peter’s message on the day of Pentecost to Israel was that he repeated John’s preaching of baptism, and Jesus’ gospel of the kingdom, but where is the cross?

“But ye denied the Holy One and the Just… and killed the Prince of life.” – Acts 3:14-15

While he preaches the death of Christ, Peter condemns Israel for killing Christ and does not preach the cross as their glory (Acts 5:28, Acts 10:39). Killing their own Messiah on the cross was their shame.

This is not preaching the cross as good news.

Paul’s Pattern

Having investigated every minister and ministry before him, we are left with Paul’s gospel in 1 Corinthians 15.

Looking closer at Paul’s ministry we find something very interesting about who preached the gospel first.

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins…” – 1 Cor 15:3

Though Paul was the last to see the Lord, apparently, he was also the first to preach the gospel of salvation as the glory of the cross (Gal 6:14, 1 Cor 1:18).

A dispensation of the gospel was committed to Paul (1 Cor 9:17), and he wrote very early in his ministry a certification of his unique apostleship:

“I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.” – Gal 1:11-12

Since Paul was the first to preach the gospel, it follows that the church must find its pattern for preaching the gospel of Christ from Paul.

“…that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe…” – 1 Tim 1:16

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: November 23, 2013

Last Modified: March 15, 2018
Related posts:

1. -The Twelve Did Not Preach the Cross
    -The Baptism Gospel
    -Did Jesus Preach the Cross for Salvation?
    -A Gospel Without the Cross
    -Verse List: The Twelve Did Not Preach the Cross
    -The Gospel Missing in John
    -When Did the Church Begin?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not Identified With the Holy Ghost
By Justin Johnson
Have you ever met a Holy Ghost Christian?

They are the folks who think the Holy Ghost does not get the attention he deserves and so make his power, manifestation, and glory the central focus of their meetings.

They might even identify themselves as Pentecostal, since it was on the day of Pentecost two thousand years ago that the remnant of Israel was identified with the Holy Ghost power from above.

Holy Ghost Christians looking to identify themselves with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost have missed the true identity of a Christian.

Baptism With the Holy Ghost
John the Baptist spoke of the Pentecostal identification with the Holy Ghost.

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:” – Matthew 3:11

It was called a baptism. After all, baptism is best described as your being immersed or initiated into something that results in a change of identity.

Baptism was used in the old testament to identify and ordain priests. They were baptized with water, oil, and blood (Exo 34:25; Exo 40:12).
John the Baptist identified sinners that repented with the cleansing of water for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4).

The Pentecostal believers were baptized with the promised Holy Ghost power.
Jesus said before his ascension:

“ For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence…. ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…“ – Acts 1:5-8

When Christ sent the Holy Ghost who filled the believers at Pentecost, they were immediately identified with the Holy Ghost and his power. Peter explained:

“ Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.” – Acts 2:33

Peter even called upon the audience to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).

The baptism with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost was all about the power and presence of the Holy Ghost filled believers. They were identified with the Holy Ghost from heaven.

Our Identity in the Church, Which is His Body
Our identity today in the church is not that of the Holy Ghost, but of Christ. Though the Spirit dwells in all who believe (1 Cor 3:16; Eph 1:13), and Paul manifested the power of the Spirit, we are not identified with the Holy Ghost today, but with Christ himself.

1 Corinthians 12:13 says that we are “baptized into one body”. That is to say our identity has changed to that of the body of Christ (Eph 1:22-23).

We are called a “new creature” and the “workmanship of God” (Eph 2:10; 2 Cor 5:17).

How are we identified as his workmanship? The message we preach is completely of grace. It is Christ’s work on our behalf. We are identified with Christ through baptism into his death and resurrection.

We who trust the gospel of Christ without the law, without Israel, and without covenants, are now identified as members of the body of Christ (Eph 1:22-23). Our identity is found in him as the Head of the Body of Christ.

All saved Christians have the Spirit dwelling in them, yet the identification of a Christian is by Christ in you (Col 1:27).

The Pentecostal believers needed to be identified with the Holy Ghost and his power to preach the gospel of the kingdom, and to separate themselves from unbelieving Israel. Christ sent them the Holy Ghost from heaven. Their baptism identified them with the Holy Ghost.

Believers today need to be identified with the body of Christ and all blessing by grace through his finished work. The holy Spirit places us into Christ. Our baptism identifies us with the body of Christ.

The one baptism is not one that identifies with the Holy Ghost kingdom power, but with Christ and the power of his cross. This is the one baptism and one body that Paul speaks about in Ephesians 4:4-6, not the baptism at Pentecost.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: December 9, 2017
Last Modified: December 20, 2017
Related posts:

1. -How to Be Baptized Without Getting Wet
    -Does 1 Cor 12:13 Describe the Spirit Baptism at Pentecost?
    -The Spirit Baptism Problem in Acts 8:14-17
    -What is Baptism?
    -Did God Pour Out His Spirit In Response To Extreme Faith?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Does 1 Cor 12:13 Describe the Spirit Baptism at Pentecost?
http://graceambassadors.com/tradition/baptism/does-1_cor12_13-describe-the-spirit-baptism-at-pentecost

By Justin Johnson
Paul says there is one baptism (Eph 4:5). No one dare make that water baptism since Paul clearly makes it baptism by the Spirit in 1 Cor 12:13 and Gal 3:27. Yet it is a common mistake to conflate Paul’s baptism by the Spirit and the baptism with the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. The reasoning normally does not go further than that both baptisms utilize the Holy Spirit.

Yet, just because we read the same word (in Greek or English) it does not mean the context is the same. These two baptisms should be separated because of a difference in who is baptizing, who is being baptized, and why they are being baptized.

Who is Baptizing?
Mathew 3:11 is one of the most useful verses in the doctrine of baptisms. It clearly delineates who performs the different baptisms.

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:” – Matthew 3:11

John performs the first baptism. Jesus performs the second and the third baptism.

John baptizes with water. Jesus baptizes with the Holy Ghost and fire. One thing is certain: water is never doing the baptism. John is the agent who performs the baptism with water. Jesus is the agent who performs the baptism with fire. Likewise, the Holy Spirit is not doing the baptism. Jesus is the agent who performs the baptism with the Spirit.

In Paul’s baptism of 1 Cor 12:13, we do not find John or Jesus performing the baptism.

“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.” – 1 Cor 12:13

Here, the Spirit is baptizing us into the body (of Christ). Romans 6:3 explains this as well.

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?” – Romans 6:3

This baptism is into Christ. This cannot be the water baptism of John which was into water. It cannot be the baptism performed by Jesus which was with the Spirit. It is most obviously the unique baptism described by Paul in 1 Cor 12 which is performed by the Spirit into Christ.

Greek prepositions
Some will make much ado about the underlying Greek prepositions in the verses mentioned above. Those who wish to make the baptisms the same will say that the words ‘by’ and ‘with’ are interchangeable in the Greek. Although this is an oversimplification in some cases it may be true.

Yet, the preposition does not determine the context of the baptism. Rather the clearly translated context determines the rightness of the English preposition. If the verses are reread with any of the prepositional variations that are suggested it remains obvious that the agents and the objects are different.

Knowing that lengthy discussions about Greek translations are mostly red herrings and of minimal usefulness to English speaking people, following are two other reasons why the baptisms are different despite the preposition.

Who is being baptized?
The audience is a significant factor in determining the context and application of the baptisms.

John’s baptism with water was to repentant Israel. This is not contested as he was in the wilderness of Judea and was teaching the fulfillment of the Jewish prophecies to Jews under the Old Testament (Mat 3:1-6).

Jesus’ baptism with the Spirit which unarguably occurs at Pentecost is also unto repentant Israel (Acts 2:38). Peter’s message was to an audience entirely of “men of Israel” and proclaimed his message as a fulfillment of the prophecies given to Israel about the Messiah and the kingdom (Acts 2:14).

“Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.” – Acts 3:24-25

It is evident that Peter was not preaching the same message that Paul taught about the cross, the Jew / Gentile church, the fall of Israel, their future destiny, or justification (see Peter vs Paul). Peter was following the law and righteousness with works as far forward as Acts 10:35 and Gal 2:11.

The nature of the audience and the message taught signifies a distinct baptism.

Why are they being baptized?
Both baptisms involving the Spirit do not utilize any earthly element. (Although you can make a case that the Holy Ghost baptism of Pentecost would not be evident without the laying on of hands; Acts 8:15-16.) Christ and the Spirit are the agent and object. In one Christ is the agent identifying New Testament Israel with the Spirit. In the other the Spirit is the agent identifying the new creature with Christ.

This simple difference is the most significant of all!

The purpose of the Holy Ghost baptism was to fulfill the prophecy of the New Testament in providing the power for the remnant of Israel to endure the tribulation, enter the kingdom, and supernaturally follow the law as was once required of them (Exodus 19:5-6).

“And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.” – Eze 36:27

In order to be a part of the New Testament the believing remnant needed Christ’s blood (Heb 9:15-16), water baptism (Luke 7:29, Mark 16:16), and the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5-8).

This purpose of the anointing baptism by Christ with the Spirit was to teach them all things (John 14:26, 1 John 2:27). If they rejected this power then there remained no more forgiveness for them (Heb 6:4-6, 10:24-27).

Contrast this purpose with the Spirit’s function for believers under grace.

“In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,” – Eph 1:13

By baptizing (identifying) us into Christ’s death there is no need for a testament or list of good deeds to keep us in proper standing with God. Instead it is the Spirit itself which becomes the seal and evidence of our union with Christ (Romans 8:9).

Instead of baptizing us into Israel’s New Testament (Heb 8:10), we are baptized into Christ himself. This new creature is not identified with any national covenants but contains members of any nationality (Gal 3:38).

Conclusion
Whereas the Pentecostal baptism was necessary to establish the kingdom promised to Israel, the baptism by the Spirit is needed to place us into the body of Christ. They are different baptisms with different agents, different audiences, and different purposes.

The danger of conflating the two is seen in many different forms the most egregious of which is held by some of our Pentecostal friends that if you are not filled with the Pentecostal Holy Ghost baptism then you are not a member of the church. “Where are those signs that follow?” they ask (Mark 16:17-18).

The answer is only found in a Pauline division.

Top of the Page
Article Index

Published: January 30, 2010
Last Modified: August 4, 2016

Related posts:

1. -One Lord, One Faith, Three Baptisms!
    -How to Be Baptized Without Getting Wet
    -Baptism and Manifesting Christ to Israel
    -The Most Important Baptism

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
<header class="entry-header" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: "Merriweather Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(249, 249, 249);">[h=1]Bible Timeline & Other Study Aids[/h]</header>[FONT=&quot]We hope these Bible study tools, especially the Right Division Timeline, will be helpful to you. From time to time, additional files will be posted here.

[h=3]“RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH” BIBLE TIMELINE (COLOR)[/h]
[h=3]“RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH” BIBLE TIMELINE (PRINTABLE BLACK-AND-WHITE)[/h]
[h=3]BIBLE VERSIONS AND PERVERSIONS – BIBLE MANUSCRIPTS AND TRANSLATIONS CHART[/h]
[h=3]KING JAMES BIBLE AND MODERN VERSIONS COMPARED[/h]
[h=3]ONE-YEAR BIBLE READING SCHEDULE[/h][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=3]DISPENSATIONAL TIMELINES – ACTS 9, ACTS 28, & ACTS 9/28 HYBRID - **************************************************[/h]

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What is Mid Acts Pauline Dispensational…

This lesson describes the significance behind all the labels we use and clarifies the major impact of mid-Acts teaching and why being bold about the differences is important.

Find the outline here :http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/w...

Grace Ambassadors Bible Fellowship - July 24th, 2016.

Justin Johnson the Great

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Basic Dispensational Lessons

This lesson kicks off a series of Basic Dispensational Lessons. A literal reading of the Holy Bible affords the reader two advantages: the text means what it says and it can be understood plainly. There is no need for an expert interpretation, finding some hidden or unknown meaning, or spiritualizing verses beyond all reason and logic. Learn the basic dispensational concept of taking your Holy Bible literally in this first lesson of our new series of lessons entitled, “Basic Dispensational Lessons.”

Find the outline here :http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/b...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is a REALLY good one folks !!!

Making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery is our job as saved saints in the Body of Christ. Learn how to communicate truth in this lesson titled, “How To Make Men See.”

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Peter Taught Gentiles. Yawn.

By Justin Johnson
Sometimes people mistake the mystery of Christ with God’s blessing upon the Gentiles. More than one student of right division has fallen captive to this error. Beware.

You can identify when this mistaken definition of the mystery is made because Cornelius in Acts 10 will be presented as a problem for Pauline right division.

The line goes like this: Cornelius was a Gentile; Peter preached his gospel to Cornelius; thus, Paul was not the only one to go to Gentiles with the gospel.

Supposedly, this diminishes the importance of Paul’s unique apostleship to the Gentiles (Rom 11:13), and gives evidence that Peter taught the mystery kept secret since the world began (contrast Rom 16:25 to what Peter taught in Acts 3:21).

The Cornelius “problem” has been dealt with already very handily. Peter’s gospel was the kingdom gospel and he was operating under the law. The mystery of Christ is absent from Acts 10.

Gentile Blessing Prophesied

If the Pauline mystery of Christ was merely Gentile blessing then it would not be a mystery at all since we find that sort of Gentile involvement in Jesus’ earthly ministry. Jesus blessed the centurion’s Gentile servant in Luke 7:1-8 and the Canaanite dog in Matthew 15:24-28.

We also find Gentile blessing in the prophets in passages such as Isaiah 49:6 where the Holy One is the Restorer of Israel and a light to the Gentiles.

The prophets speak of the Gentiles being blessed through Israel in Zechariah 8:22-23 or Micah 4:2-4 where Gentiles follow the Jewish road to Zion to receive the blessed teaching of God’s law for the whole earth.

Gentile blessing is not uniquely part of the mystery of Christ.

Gentile blessing was part of God’s prophetic purpose for the earth going back as far as the promises made to the fathers (Romans 15:8-12).

Paul explains in Romans 15 that Gentile blessing was not a mystery. Christ confirmed the promises made to the fathers which included the blessing upon Gentiles through Abraham’s seed.

Remember, Abraham’s promise was that “in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Gen 12:3). The Gentiles would be blessed at the glorious rise of God’s chosen people.

“And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.” – Isa 60:3

The Mystery to Gentiles

Meanwhile, Paul received grace from God to minister the unique mystery of Christ to Gentiles (Romans 5:15-16). He was the apostle of the Gentiles (Rom 11:13).

That Gentiles would be blessed was no mystery. How they would be blessed is different according to the revelation of the mystery.

Under prophecy they would be blessed through Israel and the covenants. The earthly purpose of God is to bless the world (i.e. Gentiles) through his covenanted people Israel.

Under the mystery of Christ Gentiles receive all spiritual blessings directly through Christ and his completed work on the cross. The mystery purpose of God is to bless all men today through the abundance of his grace without any covenants.

Peter and the Gentiles

Peter went one time to Gentiles with a gospel in Acts 10. So what, it was not the preaching of the cross. Israel was destined to be the channel of blessing to the Gentiles anyway (Isa 61:6).

Jesus was prophesied to be a light to the Gentiles (Isa 42:6). Yawn. Old news, there is nothing new here. The Messiah was always part of the covenant to bless the whole world. The mystery of Christ was hidden and not yet revealed in any of the prophets. The mystery is not merely Gentiles receiving blessings.

The mystery of Christ includes salvation offered to all men freely by God’s grace without a covenant in order to form a new creature (Jew and Gentile) that would reside in heavenly places.

Peter teaching a Gentile in Acts 10 provides an example of the difference in Gentile blessing according to the kingdom gospel and Gentile blessing according to the mystery gospel. Cornelius was blessed through the covenant of a law abiding Jew. Paul’s Gentiles received blessing through faith in the preaching of the cross.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: March 31, 2012
Last Modified: August 10, 2012
Related posts:

1. -Did Cornelius Learn the Mystery?
    -Objection: “Peter taught Paul’s gospel to Cornelius”
    -Did Gentiles In the Old Testament Get Salvation?
    -Not Every Gentile is in the Church
    -Mistaken Views of the Mystery
    -Objection: “Peter went to Gentiles first”
    -Peter’s Audience

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Pentecost Not the Beginning of the Mystery Church
http://graceambassadors.com/mystery/pentecost-not-the-beginning-of-the-mystery-church
By Justin Johnson
“…according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began…” – Romans 16:25

“This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.” – Eph 5:32

The great mystery revealed in Paul’s writings consists of Christ and the church (Eph 5:32; Eph 3:6-9). Never before had God spoken of a joint body of Jew and Gentile, which would receive glory apart from national Israel, their covenants, or their law.

This new creature, as Paul calls it, was unknown since the world began, unknown by the ancient prophets (Col 1:25-28). This is why he calls it a mystery until revealed to him.

“How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery” – Eph 3:3

Yet and still many in the church think this new creature had its beginnings on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2. Pentecost is where they find their pattern, their origins, and is the root cause of the widespread growth of Pentecostal charismatic belief today.

Consistent dispensational teaching has stood alone in insisting that the church was not in operation in Acts 2. Why? The simple reason is that everything described in Acts 1 and 2 is the subject of what was prophesied since the world began, and was not a mystery kept secret.

The church today is operating according to the mystery. The believers at Pentecost were fulfilling prophecy.

Consider the content of these first two chapters of Acts.

1. Jesus taught the twelve apostles pertaining to the kingdom of God that was already written in the prophetic scriptures (Acts 1:3; Luke 24:44-45).
  2. Jesus commands them to stay in Jerusalem, God’s prophetic city (Acts 1:4)
  3. Jesus tells them to wait for the promise of the Father which promise had been given by the old testament prophets (Acts 1:4-5)
  4. They were expecting the restoration of Israel’s kingdom (Acts 1:6)
  5. They were to preach salvation to Israel first, and then salvation to the world through Israel’s rise (Acts 1:8). This is the description of world salvation by the prophets.
  6. Jesus ascended to heaven to fulfill the prophecies (Acts 1:9; Ps 110:1; Acts 2:33-35).
  7. The angels explain about Jesus’ return to the earth according to the prophets (Acts 1:11-12)
  8. Peter explains that Judas’ betrayal and death was a fulfillment of prophecy (Acts 1:16-18)
  9. Peter explains that his office needs to be replaced according to the prophecies (Acts 1:19-20).
  10. The method of choosing the twelfth apostle was that which God instructed Israel in time past (Lev 16:8; Pro 16:33).
  11. There are twelve apostles in order to possess authority over twelve tribes of Israel (Acts 1:26; Matt 19:28)
  12. The Spirit coming on Pentecost fulfills the shadow of the holiday given to Israel (Acts 2:1; Lev 23).
  13. The Spirit is poured out on believing Israel as the prophecies had spoken (Acts 2:4; Isa 44:3; Prov 1:23)
  14. The kingdom restoration of language began as prophesied (Acts 2:5-8; Zeph 3:9).
  15. The apostles proclaim the wonderful works of God according to Ps 40; Ps 78; and Ps 107 (Acts 2:11)
  16. Peter identifies what happened as a fulfillment of the prophecy spoken by the prophet Joel (Acts 2:16-21).
  17. Peter preached to the men of Israel and the “house of Israel” (Acts 2:22; Acts 2:36)
  18. Peter preaches Jesus of Nazareth as Israel’s Christ according to David’s prophecy about the Messiah (Acts 2:22-31)
  19. Peter preaches the fulfillment of Ps 110:1 in Jesus resurrection (Acts 2:32-35).
  20. Peter commanded his hearers to be repent, be baptized, receive the Spirit, all according to the promises given to Israel (Acts 2:38-41).
  21. The believers sold all that they had in expectation of the coming kingdom, living communally, and continued daily in Israel’s temple (Acts 2:42-46).
After the abundance of evidence that the events in Acts 1 and 2 were prophesied, the only argument that remains that the church began at Pentecost is Acts 2:47.

“And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. “ – Acts 2:47

This scripture clearly says that the church was present at Pentecost, but if we are not to throw out every other verse in Acts 1 and 2, we must allow the scriptures to just as clearly describe it to be the prophesied church, and not the church according to the revelation of the mystery.

A study of the cross references found in Acts 1 and 2 to the events declared by the prophets can result in only one conclusion if the scripture is to be taken literally: the church at Pentecost was not the new creature that Paul describes which was kept secret since the world began.

What was kept secret (Paul’s new creature) cannot be what was prophesied (the events of Pentecost).

The operation of the body of Christ according to the revelation of the mystery began when the Lord revealed such a change in the dispensation first revealed to Paul (Col 1:25; 1 Cor 9:17).

The body of Christ today does not find its pattern in what was happening at the prophesied Pentecost of Acts 2, but in the pattern of the apostle Paul’s mystery ministry concerning Christ and his church of today.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
For more study on the events of Acts 1 and 2 listen to our verse by verse lessons here.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: October 3, 2015
Last Modified: October 3, 2015
Related posts:

No debating in this thread - See the first post in this thread -

1. -Was the Mystery Hidden in Prophecy?
    -Secret Since the World Began
    -When Did the Church Begin?
    -Apostles and Prophets of the Church
    -Did the Church Begin at Pentecost?
    -Black Swans and the Mystery
    -Things Old and Things New

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Stephen, Zechariah, and Israel’s Fall

By Justin Johnson

Stephen has long been described as the first martyr of the church, but the mystery information concerning Christ and his church was not revealed until after Stephen’s death.

No where in Stephen’s long message to the rulers of Israel in Acts 7 does he speak of the mystery of Christ, the gospel of Christ, or the church of today.

Instead, Stephen’s message echoed prophets before him since the world began (Acts 3:21). His stoning should remind us of the message, rejection, and stoning of Zechariah in 2 Chronicles.

Just as the prophet Zechariah was sent to disobedient Israel before their political fall, Stephen stood before disobedient Israel before their spiritual fall.

Zechariah and Stephen

2 Chronicles 24:19-21 describes the account of the prophet Zechariah that parallels the account of Stephen filled with the Holy Ghost.

“Yet he sent prophets to them, to bring them again unto the LORD; and they testified against them: but they would not give ear.” – 2 Chronicles 24:19

Just as Israel would not listen to Zechariah, Stephen accuses Israel of having ears that do not hear and of resisting the Holy Ghost.

“Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.” – Acts 7:51

Accused of Breaking the Law

As a result of their disobedience of the law of Moses, God forsakes Israel and pours out his wrath upon the nation by sending them into captivity at the hands of their enemies.

“ And the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, which stood above the people, and said unto them, Thus saith God, Why transgress ye the commandments of the LORD, that ye cannot prosper? because ye have forsaken the LORD, he hath also forsaken you.” – 2 Chronicles 24:20

Stephen issues the same condemnation against the rulers of Israel for not keeping the law of Moses, and calls them “uncircumcision” which identified them as people forsaken of God outside his covenant (Gen 17:14; Num 15:31).

“Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. “ – Acts 7:53

The Stoning of a Prophet

When Zechariah warned Israel of their disobedience to the law and the impending judgment he was stoned.

“And they conspired against him, and stoned him with stones at the commandment of the king in the court of the house of the LORD.” – 2 Chronicles 24:21

Before his death Jesus warned the scribes and Pharisees of killing Stephen by referring to Zechariah’s death. Jesus said he would send prophets to Israel, but they would be killed.

“Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:” – Matthew 23:34

He then prophesied that they would receive the same condemnation as those who killed Zechariah in being guilty and forsaken by God.

“That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.” – Matthew 23:35

When Stephen accused them of breaking the law, warning them of the Son of Man standing in heaven ready to return, Israel stoned him just as their fathers did Zechariah.

“Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him…” – Acts 7:57-58

Israel Guilty and Forsaken

Israel had fallen politically in 2 Chronicles by stoning Zechariah and the prophets, and they fell spiritually at the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7.

Today, Israel is fallen, blind in part, and salvation is preached not according to prophecy through Israel, but according to the revelation of the mystery of Christ and his church (Rom 16:25).

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.” – Romans 11:25

This mystery of salvation after Israel’s fall was not revealed until after the stoning of Stephen when the Lord saved the apostle Paul by his grace. Paul was the minister of salvation to fallen uncircumcised forsaken Jew and Gentile.

Instead of the first martyr of the church, Stephen represents the last in a long line of Spirit empowered prophets sent to the circumcision before their spiritual fall.

By stoning Stephen Israel became guilty of rejecting God, and his law; the Son of God, and his apostles; and the Spirit of God, and his testimony through Stephen.

1. -Israel’s Spiritual Fall
    -Peter Taught Gentiles. Yawn.
    -Secret Since the World Began
    -What Moses and the Prophets Said Should Come…
    -Chart: Stephen and Saul (Acts 7-9)
    -Abel’s Blood, Christ’s Blood
    -The Ethiopian Eunuch’s Testimony