Theology Club: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By Justin Johnson
The popular saying is, “you don’t know what you have ‘til it’s gone.” For too long the Lord’s special revelation to Paul has received second or third hand treatment to the ‘red letters’ and prophecy.
I propose an experiment in the spirit of Dickens’ Christmas ghosts. Let’s pretend Paul was never saved on the road to Damascus. What would happen to the church if Paul was never given his revelation of the mystery from the Lord?
Temporarily remove Paul’s epistles from the Bible. There are thirteen books from Romans to Philemon. Take them all out. You will also need to take out Paul’s ministry in the book of Acts also. Acts nine and onward should be removed as well.
Now, let’s draw an adequate picture of what remains.
Church without Paul
Without Paul, the last testimony from the church we see is the church in the temple from Acts 2-5. This group is led by Peter and the other eleven apostles.
They are continuing with the Lord’s commissions in Mark 16, Mat 28, Luke 24, and John 20. Accompanying their ministry are extraordinary powers which the Holy Ghost utilizes for signs of the coming kingdom (Mark 16:17).
Jesus had instructed the apostles in the end of his ministry to remain in Jerusalem until they received the word, then go to Judea, and Samaria, and so on. By Acts 8 the church was scattered except for the apostles who were obedient to these instructions (Acts 8:1).
In Peter’s footsteps the message we teach is that these are ‘the last days’, ‘repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins’, and the only preaching of the cross is that it was a horrible murder (Acts 2:17, 38, and Acts 5:30).
We would need to follow the Lord’s instructions, and the apostles’ example, by selling all that we have and have all things in common (Luke 12:33, Acts 2:45, Acts 4:34).
Salvation would be of the Jews (John 4:22), and we would be taking part in ushering in the kingdom which will be waiting the Lord’s return to Israel (Acts 1:6, Isa 2:2-4).
You would not understand the cross (Luke 18:34), and you would offer faith in Jesus the Messiah and the works of the law for justification (James 2:24). What you would never do is go in unto a Gentile’s house who was not a devout observer of the law (Acts 10:28).
Of course, since it has been nearly 2000 years since Peter first uttered the ‘last days’ claim, it may be time for a reassessment of the entire Jewish kingdom prophetic program. Perhaps, God’s promises have come to naught (Rom 9:6)?
Paul’s Writings Alone
Isn’t it strange how close ministry without Paul describes the modern church who has not given place to Paul’s office (Rom 11:13).
Without Paul’s writings you will not be able to prove the most basic doctrines, including:
– Salvation by grace through faith
– Justification apart from the law
– Full atonement of your sins through the death and resurrection
– A church body of both Jew and Gentile
– The fall of Israel and God’s prophetic silence for nearly 2000 years
– A heavenly position in Christ
As Scofield said so well nearly a century ago, “in [Paul’s] writings alone we find the doctrine, position, walk, and destiny of the church.” Removing Paul’s writings makes this truth a stark reality.
How little we appreciate the message Jesus gave to Paul to dispense, and the pattern we have for ministry in the Apostle Paul’s writings (1 Cor 9:17, 1 Tim 1:16). It is about time the church obeyed Jesus’ instructions to “follow Paul” (1 Cor 4:16).

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: October 31, 2009
Last Modified: July 22, 2016Related posts:

1. -Paul is Proof of Christ’s Resurrection
    -The Gospel According to Paul
    -Handling Gospel Transition
    -What Happened in Mid-Acts?
    -Paul’s “My Gospel”
    -Standing Up To Peter
    -We Do Not Worship the Messenger

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/jesus-sent-paul

In the opening verse of all of Paul’s epistles, except the Thessalonians, it is clear that Paul was an apostle or servant of Jesus Christ. Even in Thessalonians you find verses such as 1 Thess 2:4 and 13 that declare his granted position from the Lord.

Inevitably, despite this servant relationship to Jesus, when I compare the messages of Paul or Peter (Gal 2:8-9), consider what the apostle of Jesus Christ says (2 Tim 2:7), or magnify his office as an apostle of Jesus Christ (Rom 11:13), the retort is always that I make too much of Paul.
They say, “We should glorify Jesus not Paul.”

Paul Glories in the Lord Jesus

Don’t they know that out of all the writers of scripture, Paul glories more in Jesus Christ than them all (Gal 6:14)? This is because he knew more about Jesus Christ than them all! He knew more not because of his intellectual brilliance but because of the mystery information revealed to him by the Lord (Gal 1:11-12, Rom 16:25).

It was his privilege to “fulfill the word of God” with a message that no one before him knew (Col 1:25-26).
Jesus made Paul the apostle and the pattern of salvation to us that “hereafter believe” (1 Tim 1:16).

Paul does not elevate himself above Jesus Christ when he bows to him and calls him preeminent (Eph 3:14, Col 1:18).
Following Paul’s pattern and instructions requires glorifying God by Jesus Christ (Rom 16:27, Phil 2:11).

A Gentle Three Words

“Making too much of Paul” is a common response that should be expected. It will be used at the point in the conversation when the other person does not know how to respond to the doctrine. They feel threatened and take solace in Jesus’ words in the red letters.

What they don’t understand is Jesus did not pen those red letters. God inspired those words in the same sense that he authored Moses or Paul. What they want to say is “I follow Jesus [in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John] and not Paul”.

They are at their wits end and are getting frustrated. This is when they expect you to apologize for not following Jesus. Do not back down; do not argue. Instead, with an aptitude to teach say only three more words. Do not press the conversation after this. Let them think about these words.
When they say, “I follow Jesus” calmly respond, “Jesus sent Paul.”

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: January 30, 2010
Last Modified: March 20, 2016Related posts:

1. -Follow Paul
    -Jesus Ate With Sinners
    -Rejecting Paul is Rejecting Christ
    -Paul as a Father
    -Was Paul More Than A Great Missionary?
    -Without Paul
    -Paul, an Apostle

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3:5-14 KJV -

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.​
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.​

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.​

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Does Mid-Acts Right Division Worship Paul?

The Bible has very clear commands that we are to worship God, and only God, not Paul.

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” – Exodus 20:3

“‘For thou shalt worship no other God: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God” – Exodus 34:14

One of the evidences that Jesus claimed he was the God of the OT is when we see him accepting the worship that the Law reserved only for God.

[This indicates that either Christ was an idolater filled with pride, or He was the True God; by faith, we choose the latter.]

“And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him:” – Matthew 2:11

“And, behold, there came a leper and worshiped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.” – Matthew 8:2

“And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him.” – John 9:38

God’s Spokesmen

Meanwhile, God speaks to mankind at sundry times through different men as His instruments (2 Peter 1:19-20, Heb 1:1, 1 Cor 12:5).

For example, when the Israelites were enslaved to the Egyptians, the Lord heard their cry and brought up Moses to lead them out of captivity.

Moses was God’s messenger, he was God’s servant. As God spoke to Moses, he delivered the commandments of the Lord and the Israelites were attentive to his every word as it was from God.

For thousands of years following, God’s prophets and messengers encouraged Israel to do all those things written in the ‘law of Moses’ (Joshua 23:6, 1 Kings 2:3, Mal 4:4).

Even Jesus himself wrote that he came to fulfill all that was ‘written in the law of Moses’ (Luke 24:44). Yet it was clear that no one worshipped Moses, for it was not Moses who created those laws, but merely Moses who delivered them. Moses was God’s servant revealing the word of the Lord.

It was by Moses that God ushered in the divine dispensation of the Law, whereby God would hold men accountable.

Likewise, it was by Paul that God ushered in the divine dispensation of Grace, whereby men would be delivered from judgment and wrath apart from the law.

Paul As God’s Spokesman

Paul says, “For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me” (1 Cor 9:17).

The message Paul called “my gospel” was “kept secret since the world began” and so was not included in the law of Moses or the prophets (Rom 16:25).

Since the message given to Paul was by revelation of Jesus Christ, Paul had all authority to preach the mystery message, not known before (Gal 1:11-12; 1 Cor 14:37; Eph 3:1-2).

Paul, Our Apostle

Paul is our chief apostle in this dispensation. Paul’s writings hold the previously hidden information now to be revealed to us about God’s separate plan and purpose for the Body of Christ. Just as Moses who, in time past, was to be the dispenser of the law of God to Israel and to teach them of God’s plan on the earth.

Understanding that Paul had a distinct message about the cross of Christ helps us to understand why Paul says:

“For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:” – Rom 11:13

He indicates that he was the first to be saved in this dispensation as a “pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting” (1 Tim 1:16).

Knowing that Moses was not to be worshiped, but was only the dispenser of God’s law, prophets would encourage men to follow the “law of Moses”. Likewise, those of us who are under grace and not under the law should be exhorted to hear the word of Paul as it is in truth the word of God (Rom 6:14, 1 Thess 2:13).

“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” – 1 Thess 2:13

So we do not worship Paul, but Christ made Paul our pattern of salvation, our chief apostle, and gave him the hidden wisdom of God, about our purpose in Christ. In testimony of the God who gave him the hidden wisdom that he taught, Paul exhorts the Corinthians to ‘be ye followers of me even as I also am of Christ’ (1 Cor 11:1, 1 Cor 2:7-8).

We look to Paul as our pattern and apostle, but to Christ as our Savior, Head, and Lord, who alone is worthy of all worship and praise.

Top of the Page
Topical Index PagePublished: Thursday, September 29th, 2005
Last Modified: March 23, 2016

Related posts:

1. -We Do Not Worship the Messenger
    -Do We Worship the Same God?
    -Does Hebrews 13:8 Contradict Mid-Acts Right Division?
    -Who Else Teaches Mid-Acts Right Division?
    -Was Paul Arrogant?
    -Why Do You Call It Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensational Right Division?
    -Rejecting Paul is Rejecting Christ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We did not receive our Bible from the councils or the Roman Catholics. Yet, this is still taught in seminaries and Bible institutes. Indeed, there were early councils among state churches that listed the books already received as God’s word for centuries, but that is a far stretch from divine authority to identify God’s word.

The inspired books of the Hebrew Bible were preserved long before the councils. Lists of the newer twenty-seven inspired books appear in translations, histories, and other documents long before the councils.
The truth is that God’s words were always verified by the prophets, even the newest twenty seven books. Paul writes about his words spoken of God:

“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” – 1 Corinthians 14:37

In the days the books were written, were Holy Spirit empowered prophets that were tasked with acknowledging the inspired words of God. In this way, false teachers and writers of scripture were exposed before the spirit gifts ceased.
Spirit filled prophets could not speak contrary to the scripture (1 Cor 14:32). The powers of these prophets were verified by common witnesses of believers and unbelievers.

“But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.” – 1 Corinthians 14:24-25

Nowadays, we call those who “come in believing not” skeptics. I, too, am a skeptic in modern prophets. If their powers are true then let them make manifest the secrets of my heart. If they can just tell me my wife’s middle name I will grow the C. Peter Wagner goatee.
The Bible as we know it today was authenticated by these early prophets and the process of preservation began long before the church councils were formed hundreds of years later.

Lest you think that that special revelation from God continues, we must remember that the prophets are subject to the prophets (1 Cor 14:32). The apostle Paul wrote that prophecies will fail, which means the prophets will cease (1 Cor 13:8: yes that which is perfect has come). Paul went on to say that he was given revelations from the Lord to “fufil the word of God” (Col 1:25). His revelations were the last new revelations.

There has not been an extra Biblical prophet yet that has understood the revelation of the mystery of Christ given to Paul. They all seem to take their notes from the prophets of Israel (Elijah, Isaiah, John the Baptist, Jesus in his earthly ministry, Peter).

Proponents of extra-biblical revelation suggest we did not identify the Bible until church councils told us. This historical inaccuracy is convenient for those who want to continue to authenticate their own revelations via church council. Unless you trace your spiritual heritage through the corrupt Roman Catholic church, this is simply wrong.

Our Bible was revealed, inspired, completed, and preserved before Constantine and his religion ever came to power.
The sixty six books of scripture preserved through history by God’s labourers was first acknowledged in the day it was written. Now, if only we would believe it we could get some work done.
“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:13

Top of the Page

Article IndexPublished: November 12, 2011
Last Modified: March 24, 2017Related posts:

1. -Preservation: The Bible Issue
    -7 Important Doctrines About the Bible
    -The 66 Books
    -Inspiration of the Bible
    -The Middle Book, Chapter, Verse in the Bible
    -Starting With Faith
    -The Need for Charts

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When Did the Church Begin?
By Justin Johnson

When the church began is an age old debate. But what is meant by “when did the church begin?”

To ask when the church began is not to ask when the church was first in the mind of God. This would not distinguish it from the beginning of all things, since God purposed all things before the world began (1 Cor 2:7; 2 Tim 1:9).

It is not to ask when did Christ begin, since that is an altogether different question. Christ as the Son is eternal and has no beginning. His humanity began with the virgin conception. The glorified Christ in heaven began with his resurrection and ascension.

To ask when the church began is a search for the first potentiality of church ministry. The beginning of the church can not be found where the ministry of the church is absent or impossible.

However, the most popular theories regarding when the church began do just that.

Theory: The church began at the first mention of a people of God.

If this be true, then we would find a church in the wilderness with Moses (Acts 7:35). After all, ‘church’ simply means congregation of God’s people. This is the position held by those who believe in only one people of God throughout the Bible.
This simplistic view of the church neglects to appreciate the vast differences in nature and operation of Israel then and the church today.

It could be said the only way the church today resembles the church of the wilderness (Israel) is that both are of God.
Israel in the wilderness is hardly the ministry pattern for the church today.

Theory: The church began when Christ was first preached.
If this be true then the church began with John the Baptist, the forerunner, and the Messiah’s ministry of the kingdom before the cross.

Whereas Israel had not yet received its Messiah, Peter knew that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God, the promised Messiah (Matt 16:16-18).
However, at this time there is still a general absence of the church’s ministry as evidenced from Peter’s ignorance of the cross (Matt 16:21-23).

In the Messiah’s ministry, salvation was of the Jews (John 4:22); ministry did not include the Gentiles (Matt 10:5; Matt 15:24-26); they were under the law (Matt 5:17-19, 23:2-3); and, most importantly, when they preached the gospel of the kingdom they did not understand the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ (Mark 9:31-32)!

The work of the cross would most definitely be required for the church to minister Christ and him crucified (1 Cor 2:2). No, that the church began before the cross will not work.

Theory: The church began when Christ resurrected and sent the Holy Ghost from heaven.
If this be true then the church began with Peter and the disciples at Pentecost. This is the most popular answer to when the church began.

Peter and the disciples knew of Christ’s death and resurrection according to the scriptures. The resurrection of Christ is necessary for the
church to exist.

They were baptized with the Holy Ghost empowering them to speak and to act. The Spirit is necessary for the church to exist.

Certainly the church could not begin earlier than this point. However, the presence of things that are necessary for the church to operate does not mean the church is in operation.

A look at the ministry of the “church in Jerusalem” at Pentecost will reveal that its operation does not align with that given to church today.
Nothing that happened in Peter’s Pentecostal ministry was according to the mystery of Christ and the church. Nothing Peter preached at

Pentecost was the subject of the mystery of Christ.
Everything he preached about Christ, his death, and resurrection was spoken by the prophets since the world began (Acts 2:16, 2:25, 3:21).

Peter did not expound on the nature of the new creature of Christ (2 Cor 5:17); or the unsearchable riches of God’s grace (Eph 3:8); or the union of the church with Christ, the fellowship of the mystery (Eph 3:9; Eph 4:3-6; 1 Cor 10:16).
He spoke only of those things that were foretold by the prophets about Christ, the kingdom, and salvation (Acts 3:24, 4:12).

The church which is the body of Christ operates according to the mystery of Christ (Eph 5:32, 1 Cor 2:7, Rom 16:25).
Filled with the Spirit, the disciples in Acts 2 sold all their possessions (Acts 2:44-45); continued in the temple (Acts 3:1); ministered to Israel only (Acts 2:22, 3:12); preached prophecy (Acts 3:18-22); and performed the supernatural signs of the kingdom (Acts 4:22).

Their ministry was a continuation of what had been preached before (Acts 1:22). Their message had changed, but only slightly, and it was certainly no mystery hidden from ages past (Col 1:26).

They were not operating according to the spiritual realities of the mystery church when Peter slew Ananias and Sapphira in the Spirit (Acts 4:10-13).

If the church began at Pentecost the Spirit that empowered them certainly did not want these apostles to know about it.
Theory: The church began when God revealed it.

“This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.” – Eph 5:32

The origin of the church’s ministry can not be found in the wilderness with Moses, in Israel with the Messiah, or in Jerusalem at Pentecost.
When God revealed the knowledge of the mystery concerning Christ and His church to Paul, the ministry of the church began, and with it the pattern and origin of the church of today.

“Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery…” – Col 1:25-26

Before Paul the mystery operation of the church was kept secret. It was not possible anyone could minister according to it.
The confusion over when the church began can be attributed to the general ignorance of the mystery of Christ and His church revealed to the apostle Paul.

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: July 19, 2014
Last Modified: July 19, 2014Related posts:

1. -The First to Preach the Gospel
    -Did the Church Begin at Pentecost?
    -Differences Between Acts 2, Acts 28, and Mid-Acts
    -So We Preach…
    -Rightly Dividing the Holy Spirit
    -The Gospel Missing in John
    -Why Jesus Needed to Resurrect

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Paul Last of All

By Justin Johnson

It is significant that Jesus was seen of Paul last of all. Unlike the twelve who had promised positions in the coming kingdom Paul, known then as Saul, was a blasphemer and chief persecutor of the followers of Christ.
John 1:11 says that Jesus came to his own, but his own did not receive him. Israel rejected their Messiah.

Instead a faithful remnant, a little flock, believed that he was the Son of God.
Jesus taught that the kingdom would not be given to all of Israel, but only the faithful few.

“Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. ” – Luke 12:32

Paul would later explain that the future reestablishment of the kingdom to the faithful remnant of Israel was according to the prophets (Rom 9:6).

Yet Saul was not numbered among this faithful remnant which was called a ‘sect of the Nazarenes’. He would not be following them into the promised kingdom.

After his resurrection Jesus appeared to his faithful, beginning with his apostles.

“He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once;” – 1 Corinthians 15:6-7

He was their Messiah and the promises were to be fulfilled in them. Yet, Saul was a not among this little flock at Pentecost who were witnesses of his resurrection. Instead when Stephen declared Christ the Messiah, Saul was ‘consenting unto his death’ (Acts 8:1).

Israel joined the Gentiles in their rejection of the God and his Messiah by persecuting and slaughtering those who named Christ’s name.

It was then that Jesus appeared to his enemies. On the road to Damascus the Lord saved and commissioned Saul to send the message of reconcilation to God’s enemies.

“And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. ” – 1 Corinthians 15:8

This message is not a about a kingdom and was not given to the faithful remnant. This message of grace is sent to sinners in need of a saviour.

When Jesus appeared at his birth it was to Israel, God’s chosen nation. When he appeared after his resurrection it was to the faithful remnant that would enter the kingdom. When he appeared to Paul he appeared to an enemy of God out of his grace.

Top of the Page
Article IndexPublished: November 25, 2008
Last Modified: September 10, 2016Related posts:

1. -Not All Israel
    -Paul is Proof of Christ’s Resurrection
    -Paul, an Apostle
    -So We Preach…
    -Rightly Dividing Paul’s Epistles
    -Handling Gospel Transition
    -The Gospel According to Paul

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By Justin Johnson
A common accusation against mid-Acts dispensationalists is that we do not know when the dispensation of grace began.
This is simply not true[1].

Mid-Acts dispensationalists believe the dispensation of grace began with Paul. Paul was the starting point. Paul was not saved before Acts 9.
This is not arbitrary.

Paul explains that a dispensation is not an arbitrary period of time, but rather begins with a revelation dispensed from God.

“If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery…” – Ephesians 3:2-3

When was this grace first given to Paul? Answer: At his conversion.
“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.“ – 1 Timothy 1:12-14

It was at his conversion from blasphemer to minister of the Lord that God bestowed grace to him:
“…because of the grace that is given to me of God, That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles” – Rom 15:15
“Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.” – Eph 3:7

The calling of Paul to ministry is recorded as far back as Acts 9:15.
“[Paul] is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel” – Acts 9:15

Paul tells his own story of how it all began at least twice in the book of Acts, here before Agrippa:
“Whereupon as I went to Damascus [Acts 9]… And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee…” – Acts 26:12-17

Paul’s conversion whereby God gave him grace and apostleship is mentioned more times in Acts and the epistles than the popular Spirit outpouring at Pentecost in Acts 2.

Clearly God is calling attention to when he gave Paul grace and called him to minister to all men in Acts 9.
The beginning of the dispensation of the grace of God was when an undeserving sinner first received longsuffering and salvation from God freely apart from Israel and the law.

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.” – 1 Tim 1:15-16

The Lord Jesus Christ made Paul a pattern for those who would follow after in the gospel of the grace of God, and in the fellowship of the mystery.
We do not worship Paul, we recognize the Biblical emphasis upon the dispensation of God’s grace first given to Paul. This was not in the beginning of Acts at

Pentecost, nor at the end, but in the middle when Christ first appeared to Paul.
———————————————
1 – Often critics are unaware of the differences between the mid-Acts and Acts 28 teachings, and lump them together as if there is extreme ambiguity in the mid-Acts position. The Acts 28 position is not mid-Acts dispensational, and should be treated separately. Some Acts 28ers have even preferred the nomenclature post-Acts.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: January 10, 2015
Last Modified: January 10, 2015Related posts:

1. -Why Did Paul Baptize?
    -What Happened in Mid-Acts?
    -Not Every Gentile is in the Church
    -Did Paul Water Baptize?
    -The Mystery of Christ to Jews Also
    -Was Paul More Than A Great Missionary?
    -The Separation of the Grace Gospel

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How Do I Know I Am Saved?

By Justin Johnson

Let’s be honest. If you do not know that you are saved it is because you are not.

I am not trying to be cruel or mean, but simply honest. It would be the worst kind of negligence if I encouraged you to believe you were saved if actually you were not.

Unsaved people roam the earth thinking they are right with God, but are not. This reality may be driving your honest question about how to know if you are saved. This question is the greatest question one could ask, because the answer is understanding the gospel that saves.

Many people remain unconvinced about their own salvation because of a fear they have left something undone, did not say something right, are not worthy enough, or have not done the right thing to be accepted by God.

Perhaps this is you! You want to do right, and want to be saved, but do not know for certain how to know. What you need to know is the gospel of Christ.

Do You Know the Gospel?

At this point you may object because you claim to already know the gospel. But your question betrays you. The gospel that saves provides the knowledge of salvation. If you do not know you are saved, then you do not know the gospel that saves.
If you claim to know the gospel and still do not know if you are saved you have been told the wrong gospel. Perhaps you have been told salvation comes by…

– Believing Jesus is the Son of God
– Loving the Lord
– Following Jesus
– Keeping the commandments
– Loving your neighbor
– Praying the sinner’s prayer
– Repentance and confessing your sins
– Confessing the Lord with your mouth
– Asking Jesus to come into your heart
– Making him Lord of your life
– Maintaining a personal relationship with Jesus
– Naming the name of Christ
– Being filled with the Holy Spirit; or feeling his presence?

If so, you were told wrong. Your doubts testify to the inadequacy of any of these “gospels” to bring the knowledge of salvation. Have you loved the Lord enough? Don’t the devils also believe Jesus is the Son of God (Jam 2:19)? How do you know Jesus accepted your invitation into your heart? Is salvation really by uttering a name?

Though what you heard may have had an element of Biblical truth in them, you are still left wondering how you know you are saved even after knowing or believing these “gospels”. This is because they do not describe the gospel that saves.

Proof of Salvation
The Bible gives proof to every saved person to know they are saved: the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16).

If we test your proof of salvation against the gospel of Christ we can know if you are saved or not. (I do not pretend to be the judge of your soul, but using God’s word to evaluate your salvation is prudent.)

So, what is the proof of your salvation?

If you say you have none, or that no one can know for certain, then you do not have salvation.

If you say proof is in the good way you live your life, then you have not heard the truth.

If you say proof is found in the promises of God to Israel, then you are taking what is not yours. God made promises to the nation of Israel, but there were many people in Israel who died in their sins at God’s hand of judgment and not salvation. How do you know you are part of the promises?

If you say proof is in what you have done or not done, said or not said, then you are not saved.

Without proof on what basis can you know that you are saved? There is none! Do you see now that you are not saved at all, and rather than needing to be convinced by Scripture that you are, you need to have the power of God unto salvation open your eyes to the truth of the gospel?

What is the Gospel that Saves
Now the question is seen in a new light. It is no longer the question of a saved person lacking confidence. It is the cry of an unsaved person lacking proof of salvation.

Sinners cannot save themselves or make themselves worthy enough for God to save them. Salvation is not for the righteous or the good, but for the unrighteous and the ungodly. The truth is that there is none righteous, and all have fallen short of God’s glorious standard.

Salvation of sinners is accomplished through the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ. God manifest in the flesh died innocently in the place of sinners shedding his blood as a sacrifice for sins. He rose from the dead three days later defeating the power of death and offering his finished work as the means of salvation to all men.

Salvation is not proven by our own efforts, but in the righteousness of God in Christ when he died for our sins, rose from the dead, and offers salvation freely to sinners who need it. Proof of salvation is found in the gospel of Christ. God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself by the cross.

“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:25
We will be saved “if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” – Romans 4:24-25

This is the gospel of Christ; it is the preaching of the cross. Christ is God, and he did everything necessary to save men through his death and resurrection. His work is the proof of salvation.

If his work is the proof of your salvation, then you have peace with God and eternal life. You are no longer trying to provide proof. God has provided it by his grace in Christ.

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” – Romans 5:1
“…the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:23

How Do I Know?
I know that I am saved because Christ died for my sins, rose from the dead, and offers salvation freely to all who believe in him. I’ve seen him save other people who believe the gospel of Christ. He will save you, when you believe it (Eph 1:13; Rom 3:22).
Stop trusting your life, your prayers, your works, your good deeds, your feelings, trust the finished work of Christ and know that you are saved.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: June 13, 2015
Last Modified: August 22, 2016Related posts:

1. -Man Always Saved by God’s Grace
    -Why Would Anyone Want to Be Saved?
    -Use the Gospel to Explain Right Division
    -How To Be Saved From Death To Life
    -The Mystery of Salvation
    -Faith in What?
    -Now That I Am Saved By Grace, May I Sin?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[FONT=&quot]Why Would Anyone Want to Be Saved?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By Justin Johnson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If Christianity makes a person as ignorant as is often portrayed, then why anyone would want to be saved is beyond my comprehension.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If salvation results in people becoming more superstitious, insecure, emotional, and circumstance driven, then it seems very unprofitable for our own well being and those around us.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If being saved meant more condemnation unless we abide to a list of do’s and don’ts, then it sounds like being saved would not be worth it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If Christianity means spending countless hours studying an ancient book merely written by men, then there are a lot better things you can do with your time than to consider salvation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If Christianity is just a cultural creation of some ancient Hebrews, then why would anyone want to be saved?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If there are many paths to the same God, even if you think that the same God is the God of the Bible, then why would anyone want to be saved?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the gospel stops us from thinking and requires acceptance of blind faith, then why would anyone want to be saved?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If spiritual growth is no different than daily inspiration and improving yourself then why would anyone want to be saved when we’ve got Oprah?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If God were a god of bitterness, anger, injustice, cruelty, hate, and death, then let’s by all means be anti-god.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If God’s word did not accurately describe reality, then why would anyone want to be saved?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If Bible believing Christianity is based on sound doctrine that can be understood, then it is reasonable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
If the Bible is truly God’s words, then it should be the most revered and cherished book in all history.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the Bible creates more secure, well-informed, stable individuals, then it is exactly the medicine that is needed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If Biblical Christianity is the true revelation of joy, hope, peace, and righteousness, then salvation in Christ is the only political campaign we should accept.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If God is a god of holiness, truth, righteousness, virtue, and every thing our politicians are not, then why wouldn’t we want to be saved and serve him?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If salvation is the start of the knowledge of the truth, then God was right that salvation is what this world needs most (1 Tim 2:4).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If “God has appointed a day in the which he will judge the world in righteousness” (Acts 13:31), then we all need to be saved from our unrighteousness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Everyone Needs Salvation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If what most people see as Christianity is true, then why would anyone want to be saved. We need better representation. We need the right Bible rightly divided presented with the right heart.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There a lot of fakes and flukes that call themselves Christianity, but there is only one Biblical Christianity. It requires you rightly divide the word of truth. You need to find it out and be fully persuaded in your own mind (Rom 14:5).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Every reason not to be saved is a lie. Let God be true and every man a liar (Rom 3:4).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The truth is that there will be a day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to Paul’s gospel (Rom 2:16). Without salvation the world will perish. That Christ died for your sins, and resurrected from the dead so that he could freely give you grace, righteousness, and eternal life is the gospel that saves.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have trusted the power of God unto salvation, which is the gospel, then you have received the love of the truth and know why everyone should be saved in Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Top of the Page[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Article Index[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Published: August 25, 2012[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last Modified: December 27, 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Related posts:[/FONT]

1. -How Do I Know I Am Saved?
    -The Hypocrisy of the Unbeliever
    -Why Should God Accept You?
    -God is Always Right
    -Christ Did Not Need Faith
    -Man Always Saved by God’s Grace

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How to be saved from death to life -

By Justin Johnson -

The Bible speaks about things for which many people are searching. For example it tells us of the creation of the world; the cause of evil in the world; and man’s purpose of existence.

The Bible also speaks about the cause of death. It says, ‘Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned’ (Romans 5:12). The Bible tells the story of how the first man, Adam, was disobedient towards God and introduced sin and death into the world.

As a result there are two things we can be sure of in life, ‘it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment’ (Hebrews 9:27). Every person will die because of their sin, and then their every word, deed, and thought will be judged by God’s righteous standard.

How will the judgment turn out? Well, ‘‘to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil” (Romans 2:8-9).

The evil will be punished for eternity with anguish and wrath, the righteous will be rewarded with eternal life. Yet, there is a problem: There is none that are righteous. We are all headed for eternal damnation in hell!

How can we make such a harsh and absolute statement? How can we know that we are not good enough to get into heaven? We can determine our fate on Judgment Day by using God’s standard of judgment.
Read ‘Am I good enough to go to heaven?

God’s Act of Salvation

This life is only for a moment, and yet our eternal destiny lies in the balance of what we do in this brief moment.
Will we continue to live, even seemingly good lives, knowing that we will still be found guilty by God?

Or do we seek for salvation from the wrath to come and seek for the righteousness that can gain eternal life for us.
Because of God’s love towards us, and his unwillingness that we should face eternal damnation, He provided for us a way of salvation through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Knowing that we are all sinners, and that there are none righteous (Romans 3:10), God sent Jesus Christ to take your place on the cross (Romans 3:25). The wrath and judgment of God was poured out upon His perfect Son, who did not deserve death or punishment.

This righteous sacrifice was made sin for us so that we could gain his righteousness (2 Cor 5:21). Now we can receive righteousness apart from the law of God, which is the righteousness that comes by faith of Jesus Christ (Rom 3:21-22). Though we did not deserve any rescue from our own sinful condition, God showed his love for us by dying for our sins:

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8

The gospel of God’s Grace

Grace is a gift received but not deserved. The Bible says that when we put our faith in what Christ did on the cross by His grace then we are saved from the wrath of God (Eph 2:8). We are justified [made righteous] freely by the redemption in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).

If we put our faith in the Lord Jesus and his propitiation on the cross, then we can stand before God on judgment day and know that Jesus has provided a complete payment of our sins. Therefore we are saved not by how well we act or perform, because we are all guilty of God’s righteous standard, instead we are saved by what Christ did and performed on our behalf (Eph 2:9, Titus 3:5).

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” – Romans 3:23

Yet we have been graciously given an opportunity to participate in the glory of God through our trust in the gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16).
If you are not sure if you are going to heaven, reread this page, then determine in yourself how you will fare on judgment day. Will you be guilty when God judges you by his righteous standard? The Bible says we all have fallen short.

Are you saved from God’s wrath?

Do you see the need for salvation from sin and death? If so, then read the gospel of the grace of God on this page again or in your Bible in Romans 3:19-26,

1 Corinthians 15:1-4, or Titus 3:3-7.

Do you trust and believe that Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is able to perform that which he promised for you, eternal life? Trust in him, as you would a life preserver on judgment day.
Your faith is rewarded by eternal life:

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ” – Romans 6:23

The Bible says that if you have heard of the gospel of your salvation and you have trusted in Jesus Christ and his death and resurrection, then you have been given the Holy Spirit as a seal and a promise of what God will give you for eternity – which is life everlasting.

If you have trusted in the gospel, you may not feel like much of anything has changed. But know, by faith in the word of Truth, that you are now forever changed from a child of sin and disobedience to one of God’s children who will reign and rule with Him for eternity in heavenly places.
You are saved from the wrath of God, and have been given eternal life by the grace of God!

Top of the Page
Topical Index Page

Published: Sunday, September 20th, 2009
Last Modified: May 31, 2016Related posts:

1. -Now That I Am Saved By Grace, May I Sin?
    -Does God Punish Sin After I’ve Been Saved By Grace?
    -What Is Sin?
    -God is Always Right
    -Can We Lose Our Salvation By Grace?
    -How Do I Know I Am Saved?
    -Are There Many Ways To Salvation?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why Should God Accept You?

By Justin Johnson
I am about to say something that at first will sound extremely hard, but will end up being very simple.
You can accept God, Jesus Christ as Lord, and the Bible as the word of God and not be saved.

Salvation is not a matter of you accepting Christianity, Christ, God, or the Bible. Salvation is given to those accepted by God. The difference is huge!

Who Must Be Accepted

You accept Christ? So, what does that have to do with your being accepted by Him? You can accept God, but why should He accept you? He is not trying to be accepted by you.

Is Christ standing in your judgment line, along with everything else you consider and evaluate to be worthy, holding his resume, and hoping that he is accepted by you?

Of course not! We are the ones standing in the judgment line of Christ. It is exactly backwards to think we must accept God, when really we need God to accept us!

The difference concerns who is the judge. Are you the judge of all things, or is God?
Our consumer driven culture has painted God as a divine politician campaigning for your vote. Political debates encourage us to decide who we deem worthy of high positions. Not so, with God. Truth is not a democracy.

God cannot be judged. The Lord Jesus Christ is not up for reelection. The Bible is not determined to be the word of God by majority vote.

The Lord is Not Trying to Be Accepted

The Lord is not trying to be accepted by anyone. The Saviour is not asking, “Is my salvation acceptable to you?” The Judge does not turn to the criminal and ask, “Do you accept my judgment?” The Truth does not beg the question, “Do you accept me to be true?”

Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour and there is none else beside him. All men are destined to die, and we need Him to live. We need to be accepted by God. God does not count it a worthy thing to be accepted by you.

Never in the Bible does God beg men to accept him, but there are many times when men beg God to accept them.
They knew that God was the judge of all, and he must find them worthy if they are to receive righteousness, forgiveness, life, and the peace of salvation.

God is not up for reelection, we are. God is not the politician, we are the publicans begging for mercy (Luke 18:13). We have been given this mortal life, and our term will run out.

Are We Acceptable to God?

So, on what basis does God accept us?
If it is on the basis of our righteous behavior, wise choices, or love toward others, who of us could be worthy unless God grades us all on a curve? We may be esteemed among men, but would we be able to hold our own in the sight of God who knows all our secrets? Certainly not.

The Bible condemns all self-righteousness.

“There is none righteous, no, not one” – Romans 3:10
“by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight” – Romans 3:21
“all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” – Romans 3:23

We must understand that we are totally unacceptable to God. We are all sinners and unworthy to be accepted by a perfectly righteous God. Even if you accept Him. He cannot accept you.

How Can God Accept Us?

Why should God be merciful and gracious to sinners? How can he be merciful to sinners?
The answer is revealed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, who shed his blood for our sins, and rose from the dead so that his righteousness could be imputed to all that believe.

When we trust in Christ’s righteous life, death, and resurrection on our behalf, then God accepts us not for our own sake, but for the sake of Jesus Christ who died for us (Rom 5:8).

While in God’s judgment line Christ lets us use his resume, his work, and his righteousness if we trust that He did it all for us.

“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.” – Romans 3:26

Christ is the Judge. Christ is the Saviour. Christ is acceptable to God. We are not. Salvation must be in Christ.
When you face the Lord, it will not be a question of whether you have accepted him, but rather if he has accepted you.

The Lord is not trying to be accepted by you, and there is no way you can be accepted by God without Christ.
Trust Christ and his finished work of dying and resurrecting for your salvation, and you will be accepted in the one God loves: his only begotten Son.

“To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.” – Ephesians 1:6

Published: July 18, 2015
Last Modified: November 11, 2015Related posts:

1. -God is Always Right
    -Does God Punish Sin After I’ve Been Saved By Grace?
    -How Do I Know I Am Saved?
    -Can We Lose Our Salvation By Grace?
    -Am I Good Enough To Get To Heaven
    -Did Paul Preach A Different Gospel?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By Justin Johnson

There is a simple difference between walking under the law and walking by grace.
Grace purposes in the heart. The law does not.

Law Purposes

The law purposes to control your behavior. It forces you to perform or not perform some action.
The focus is solely on behavior, which makes the requirement superficial. The law cannot go deeper to change your heart or mind. The law cannot save a soul. The law cannot remove sin.
The saying goes,

“A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.”

“Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight…” – Romans 3:20
“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh…” – Romans 8:3

Grace Purposes

Grace purposes in the heart. Grace communicates the finished work of Christ and preaches belief in it.
The requirement of grace received is faith. Faith is not a behavior that can be forced. Immediately upon belief grace confronts the inner man with a changed purpose.

Grace (the work of Christ on our behalf) saves souls. It changes hearts and minds toward God. Grace removes sin.
The focus under grace is not your behavior, but your belief. It is not initially your doing, it is your doctrine. It is not your work, but the work of Christ in you.

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me…” – Galatians 2:20
“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart…” – 2 Cor 9:7

Walking Under Grace

Walking under grace is righteous in that it removes the superficial requirements of the law which could not change a person anyway.
Grace changes a person, and then works on the premise that a changed person with a purpose in their heart will act differently.

A man who purposes in his will without law will do what he purposes even still.
This is grace in action. Grace purposes in your heart. Grace gives knowledge to change the inner man (Rom 6:6).
“God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.” – Romans 6:17

“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him…” – Colossians 2:6

The Struggle

What if behavior does not change? For all of us in some area it will not change.
The struggle under the law was how to perform against your will. The question was “why should I?” Why should you, if you did not want to.

Grace gives the reason why. Grace purposes in the heart. Grace acts upon your will through faith.
What is needed is not an application of the law to force behavior. What is needed is an application of grace to the heart.

The struggle under grace is faith and patience. Too many want to trust what they see, and they want to see it now.
When grace is applied to the heart, then Christ works in us.

Grace provides forgiveness.
Grace provides patience.
Grace provides the love of God freely.
Grace needs be taught.
Grace needs to be remembered.
Grace needs to be given.

When you start giving grace, you will see that your behavior has changed, and that without the law.
Be patient.

“Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.” – 2 Timothy 2:1

Top of the Page

Article Index
Published: January 20, 2018
Last Modified: January 20, 2018Related posts:

1. -Dressing the Part
    -What No Law Can Do
    -Testimony: A Life Changed
    -The Grace Reason to Do Good
    -The Grace Response to Sin
    -Your Circumcision is Not of the Heart
    -The Most Common Response to Grace

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dispensational Changes
By Justin Johnson
When God reveals information that changes the prophetic context, then we need to place a division in the scripture. The new information divides from the old information. This creates contexts by which we can interpret all of scripture. This is what we call dispensational change.

Paul calls the information he received from the Lord a dispensation (Col 1:25). This information changed the prophetic context of God’s instructions. According to Paul’s teaching, God is dealing with different people, through a different apostle, in a different way, by a different gospel, towards a different destination.
That is a lot of change.

A smaller change occurred between Abraham and Moses. Abraham was given the promises of God and the covenant of circumcision (Gen 17:1-10). Four hundred years later, the law was added because of transgressions (Gal 3:17).

The law did not remove the promises but rather made them a part of a testament. Abraham was not under the Old Testament known as the Mosaic covenant.
Another change occurred when Jesus ushered in the New Testament. The New Testament was not in effect until Christ died (Heb 9:16-17). Jesus was born under
the Old Testament and died to institute the New Testament (Gal 4:4).

The New Testament replaced the Old but it could not remove the promises. The covenant of circumcision and promises to the fathers were being fulfilled by a change in the law and the priesthood (Heb 7:12).

When the kingdom comes there will be another dispensational change as the promises are kept by God and the kingdom of heaven comes to Earth beginning at Jerusalem (Luke 24:47). This is made possible by the full operation of the New Testament promises.

All of these changes were prophesied and revealed in God’s purpose to Israel. We can read about them in the prophets and the Hebrew epistles.
The dispensational change given to Paul was separate from prophecy entirely. It is written that it “was kept secret since the world began” (Rom 16:25).

When reading Paul’s epistles, we are reading about a change more excellent than the Old Testament or New Testament. We are reading about the revelation of the mystery of God in Christ to pay for the sins of humanity without a covenant or a law system (Rom 3:22).

No priests, no sacrifices, no covenants, no holy days, no Israel, no land promise. God had revealed information that changed the prophetic context of the time in which we live. We now no longer live in a time prophesied. We now live in a dispensation that is called a Mystery.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: June 20, 2009
Last Modified: June 11, 2016Related posts:

1. -A Division Ignored in the Covenant-Dispensational Debate
    -Make Your Own Calendar
    -Abraham’s Seed of Promise
    -A Dispensational New Year
    -Are Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John Old Testament Books?
    -Abraham, Father of Us All
    -Does Romans 2:28-29 Teach A Spiritual Israel?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[FONT=&quot]What Is the Function of the Law?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By Justin Johnson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The function of the law has always been for the knowledge of sin. Romans 3:19-20 says:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” – Romans 3:19-20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For those who have no knowledge of their sinful nature or the consequences of their sin, the law is the proper tool to show their depraved condition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Paul says in 1 Timothy 1:8 that ‘we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully’. In the dispensation of grace we must be careful to use the law lawfully, and not contrary to its purpose. Moses spoke of the law:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life:…” – Deuteronomy 32:47[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The very life and blessing of the nation of Israel depended on their response to the divine law in faith.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However, through the failure of Israel to follow the law, God revealed his hidden purpose and wisdom that the law had no power to save sinful humanity (Romans 3:19-20, 8:3). Indeed, it did nothing else but to manifest the wickedness of sin in our nature. (see ‘Am I good enough to go to heaven?‘)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Paul says, that the ‘law entered, that the offence might abound’; ’without the law sin was dead’; and ‘when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died’ (Romans 5:20, 7:9-10). This does not show that the law is wicked or evil, but on the contrary that WE are wicked and sinful.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For the ‘law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good’, but we are ‘carnal, sold under sin’ (Romans 7:12-14).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are held in bondage to the law, as it slays the sinfulness of our flesh, and puts us under the condemnation of God’s wrath. ‘The law worketh wrath’, and we who failed under the law were deserving of that wrath (Romans 4:15a).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yet, while we were still sinners, God commended his love for us in that he sent his Son to take upon himself God’s wrath in our place (Romans 5:8-9). Giving us his own righteousness by faith, Jesus blotted out the ‘handwriting of ordinances that was against us’ (Col 2:14). He took our wages of death on the cross and satisfied God’s justice for sin (Romans 7:24-25, 8:2).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The law no longer has its power over us unto death, for[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]in Christ we are dead unto the law. ‘For where no law is, there is no transgression’ (Romans 4:15).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is not that the law does not exist, or ceases to perform its function. It is that the law has no more hold over us, since we have been crucified and have satisfied the justice of the law in Christ![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I am crucified in Christ: nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:…” – Galatians 2:20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our penalty has been paid, our flesh is crucified, so the law has no effect. Christ enables us to serve him in righteousness by faith![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Being then made free from sin [we become] the servants of righteousness.” – Romans 6:18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Once we are saved, God no longer looks at our sin, but at the righteousness we have been freely given through Christ’s redemption, even the righteousness of God.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The law has fulfilled its duty in bringing us to Christ. Subsequently, it is only by faith in Christ’s payment for our sins that we can be justified unto salvation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” – Eph 2:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The law then was not given to make us righteous, or encourage righteousness. By the law is the knowledge of sin; it manifests our unrighteousness. It was given as a schoolmaster to lead us into an understanding and appreciation of God’s grace.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“…the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;” – 1 Timothy 1:9-10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Understanding the function of the law helps us to appreciate the salvation we have by God’s grace. If it were not for the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ we would still be under the law, lost in our sins, and destined for God’s wrath and punishment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Top of the Page[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Topical Index Page[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Published: Saturday, December 10th, 2005[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last Modified: May 31, 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Related posts:[/FONT]

1. -What No Law Can Do
    -Now That I Am Saved By Grace, May I Sin?
    -Ten Commandments Are Too Much
    -Kill Sin With Grace
    -By Faith and Through Faith
    -Vanity of the Law

Right Divider

Body part
I've also been getting emails from "The Berean" that come once per day. I haven't read many of them but I will and I'm not sure yet of their teachings. I'm going to share this one for from a recent email.
If you're talking about these people (http://www.theberean.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/About.website), I'd get off the mailing list ASAP.

This site is wholly owned and operated by Church of the Great God, Inc., a non-profit organization. The church, based in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area, is a Sabbath-keeping, non-Trinitarianorganization of individuals in the United States, Canada, France, southern Africa, Australia, Trinidad, the Philippines, and various other locations around the world.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What No Law Can Do

By Justin Johnson

The law cannot prevent bad behavior. The law cannot eliminate sin. It can only show the knowledge of sin as evidenced from Romans 3:20.

“Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” – Romans 3:20

Even so, the natural man’s solution to eliminate the evils, the bad, the crime in society is always to make new laws. Want to prevent homosexuality? Make a law. Want to stop bad language? Make a law. Want to reduce cheating? Make a law.

Writing laws without dealing with the problem of sin is destined to fail.
This may be evident from our own litigious country having the highest incarceration rate in the world. The way crime is typically handled is to lock it up behind the bars of the law. Out of sight is out of mind.

Yet, crime remains, because the source of the problem is ignored: sin.
The best laws in the world cannot separate people from sin (Rom 5:12, 7:14). Even God’s law could not eliminate the evil and sin in society:

“…for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by [God’s law].” – Gal 3:21

Like a floodlight in a dark alley the law exposes sin for what it is: exceedingly sinful, nasty, and dirty. As a result all of us are guilty under God’s perfect law (Rom 3:19). Guilty! Throw all of us in jail!
The law in all its holy power can not change a man:

“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh…” – Romans 8:3

There is a solution to sin in the world and it does not come by the law. The solution is found in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

“God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” – Romans 8:4

The law condemns the natural man, but the gospel creates a new creature, a spiritual man who walks after the Spirit. Sin is condemned through Jesus, and the old man is crucified. This spiritual inner change is just what is needed in a present evil world to deal with sin: not more laws.

The law may be holy and just, but it can only give us knowledge of the problem. We need the gospel of Christ to change us into the spiritual creatures that are able to bear godly fruit.

Sin is not dealt with by laws, chains, and bars, but by the nails on the cross. We do not need to change our laws. We need to change men’s souls. No law can do this.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: September 24, 2011
Last Modified: March 24, 2017Related posts:

1. -What Is the Function of the Law?
    -Know the Problem
    -Sin is Your Problem
    -Kill Sin With Grace
    -Graduating Law School
    -The Most Common Response to Grace
    -Sin and Your Identity in Christ

Last edited: