ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross Reference

Of course. One must first hear the Gospel then place their faith as I've already stated previously. That is the prerequisite.
Many don't. What about them? Is God's foreknowledge negated simply because some disciple didn't obey God when he was given the command to "Go and make a disciple out of him"?

Sonnet

Well... that's what I've been saying all along. It's possibly the most difficult meaning for all English thinkers/speakers because it's a double-abstraction.

Sin, the noun, is a "somethinglessness". It's not a "something". This is the source of all acting; but referring to all acting is what everyone is squabbling about.

I have no difficulty with such concepts...abstract as they are.

Sonnet

When exactly is one converted?

Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Could it be after one is sifted?

1 Peter 4:12
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Right - so even preaching to church goers does not guarantee one is preaching to the converted. So whether the Calvinist likes it or not, he'll be telling unbelievers that Christ died for them...unless, of course, he makes an explicit qualification.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many don't. What about them? Is God's foreknowledge negated simply because some disciple didn't obey God when he was given the command to "Go and make a disciple out of him"?

Interesting question. If one NEVER hears the Gospel, which is nearly impossible in our day and age because of the Internet, Cable TV, access to Bibles, missionaries, tracts, etc, then, I suppose God may take that into consideration. Thereby, judging them by their conscience perhaps? After all the Bible says: Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

Sonnet

When exactly is one converted?

Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Could it be after one is sifted?

1 Peter 4:12
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Just as Paul said in 1 cor 15:2

They are still told that, 'Christ died for our sins'.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists have an uncanny ability to keep "Free-will" off their radar. They read the Bible and can't seem to see ANY of humanities ability to choose? I like to use the following verse: Matthew 23:37 as a "test Scripture." It states: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

How Calvinists can't see ANY free-will coming from the House of Israel in that verse, baffles me?? Christ (God the Son) wanted His people to worship Him alone, yet, THEY WOULD NOT! That was THEIR choice, not His.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Right - so even preaching to church goers does not guarantee one is preaching to the converted. So whether the Calvinist likes it or not, he'll be telling unbelievers that Christ died for them...unless, of course, he makes an explicit qualification.

And who but God Himself has done that?

Cross Reference

Interesting question. If one NEVER hears the Gospel, which is nearly impossible in our day and age because of the Internet, Cable TV, access to Bibles, missionaries, tracts, etc, then, I suppose God may take that into consideration. Thereby, judging them by their conscience perhaps? After all the Bible says: Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"
You are on the right track and if you'd give yourself a chance at understanding some things you argue against, you would discover you have no argument. Learn the difference between preaching that leads to salvation and teaching for discipleship.

Consider the 3rd world nations full of illiterate people who have never heard the gospel yet order their lives to worship a God in innocense believing for righteousness? They are not in need of salvation but teaching about the God they already, in innocense, worship. Teach Jesus who God has been preparing, maybe for generations, to learn of. Follow Paul's example on Mars Hill.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are on the right track and if you'd give yourself a chance at understanding some things you argue against, you would discover you have no argument. Learn the difference between preaching that leads to salvation and teaching for discipleship.

Consider the 3rd world nations full of illiterate people who have never heard the gospel yet order their lives to worship a God in innocense believing for righteousness? They are not in need of salvation but teaching about the God they already, in innocense, worship. Teach Jesus who God has been preparing, maybe for generations, to learn of. Follow Paul's example on Mars Hill.

Like I said before, the world is getting smaller. (communication wise) Pretty much everybody has access to the "True Gospel."

Status
Not open for further replies.