ECT Grace: God isn't mad at sin, or just isn't doing anything about it at the moment?

glorydaz

Not for the Body of Christ, it is not. The Body already has the life of Christ and can't lose it because it is inseparable from Him. Christ IS the life of the believer whether they realize it or not. His life...their lives. It's not inherited, it's already granted and cannot be lost or forfeited.

The inheritance is something else entirely.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

2 Timothy 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

glorydaz

For sure, that is a subject worthy of an in-depth study.

Which is more than just a few passages quoted here and there.

I mean, it is an entire doctrine unto itself.

Meaning, it requires and deserves an in-depth study - as with any doctrine.

Why then would you allow yourself to be so thin-skinned when told this?

Spoiler
That can only get in your way.

Some time ago, a Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher of the various people I go back and forth with every now and then, basically quoted those last verses in Hebrews 5 to me.

It stung.

"But for a moment..."

Because I immediately knew what my flesh would then further set me up for, should I allow that "but for a moment" momentary "affliction" to cause me to be "drawn away from...the prize."

Oddly enough, I knew that in that very moment simply "by reason of use" - to decide right then and there to take his words objectively.

And we where able to move on to what we were exploring.

Did he mean that which my flesh took badly?

(Romans 7's "sin revived and I died")

I doubt he'd meant that sting.

Did it dawn on him he may have unintentionally injured me?

Perhaps not.

More importantly, are either of those two issues to matter to the Believer on their receiving end, though?

No.

Those are issues of the flesh - "but every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust", that is, "enticed..." and so forth.

And the Believer is to "have no confidence in the flesh."

Note Musti, how even this issue is an in-depth doctrine.

One requiring one thoroughly study it out.

For its obvious, necessary impact.

That we end up "not ignorant of (Satan's) devices."

You might note I weave in and out of various passages as I touch on this "touchy" issue.

That is from having studied out in depth.

Not because I am smarter than you, or what have you.

But simply because I have wanted to know "so how does this grace work, where taking things personally is concerned - what saith the Scripture?"

I've used its understanding to counsel survivors of PTSD.

Which requires its study - regardless of level of "personal issues."

Result said studying out?

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Because that is how these studies work and what they are meant to result in, and enable in the Believer.

You might allow yourself to conclude I think I am all that.

And your pals might.

But that is your error; your self-deception

When things could instead, be allowed by any of you to result in a bit more self-reflection.

Which was all I did when that brother hit me with that "ouch!"

"By reason of use..."

Because Rom. 5:8 :)

:DK:

God's Truth

Not for the Body of Christ, it is not.

The scriptures PLAINLY say the inheritance is eternal life.

The Body already has the life of Christ and can't lose it because it is inseparable from Him. Christ IS the life of the believer whether they realize it or not. His life...their lives. It's not inherited, it's already granted and cannot be lost or forfeited.

The inheritance is something else entirely.

You are going against God.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Hebrews 9:15

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God's Truth

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul says plainly that the gift is eternal life.

The inheritance is the gift.

A person only gives an inheritance to HIS CHILDREN.

You can only be His child who receives the gift of the inheritance if you do what He says.

Danoh

Paul says plainly that the gift is eternal life.

The inheritance is the gift.

A person only gives an inheritance to HIS CHILDREN.

You can only be His child who receives the gift of the inheritance if you do what He says.

That passage is not even talking about eternal damnation.

Likewise as to the eternal life you think it is referring to.

What that passage is referring to is...

Rather, Romans 7's prior problem - sin revived, and I died...o wretched man that I am...but for the empowering gift of eternal life that I now possess, that I might be enabled by said enabling life to bring forth fruit unto righteousness.

It is a common falacy; concluding that Romans 6:23 is talking about a contrast between eternal damnation and eternal life.

But Paul was not even talking about either of those issues when he then wrote that passage.

Fact of the matter is, that he is building on the eternal life empowerment the Believer is given in Romans 3.

Romans 5 building on that.

Romans 5 THEREFORE being justified by grace through faith, you now have a focus you can be empowered to look at all issues thru - Romans 5:8..

Romans 6 THEREFORE, you are not only dead to sin, but as a result, sin shall not have dominion over you - due to eternal life's empowering love that Romans 5 has already asserted you have been given in Christ.

Romans 7 THEREFORE, you are not only also dead to the Law, but it cannot set off sin in you - because you are not only not under the Law, but have been given the eternal life that was needed to empower you to walk in righteousness.

Romans 8 THEREFORE, you are also not only dead to the flesh, but alive unto God - you have access to the very life-giving power that resurrected the Lord Himself, from the dead.

God's Truth

That passage is not even talking about eternal damnation.

What are you talking about? Start off by telling me where I said it is about eternal damnation when I am speaking about eternal life.

Likewise as to the eternal life you think it is referring to.

You are seeing things that are not there, no doubt you don't see things that are.

What that passage is referring to is...

Rather, Romans 7's prior problem - sin revived, and I died...o wretched man that I am...but for the empowering gift of eternal life that I now possess, that I might be enabled by said enabling life to bring forth fruit unto righteousness.
Give scripture that says that exact thing.

It is a common falacy; concluding that Romans 6:23 is talking about a contrast between eternal damnation and eternal life.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I posted scriptures proving that the INHERITANCE, the GIFT, the REWARD, the CROWN, and the PROMISE are all eternal life with God.

But Paul was not even talking about either of those issues when he then wrote that passage.

Fact of the matter is, that he is building on the eternal life empowerment the Believer is given in Romans 3.

Romans 5 building on that.

Romans 5 THEREFORE being justified by grace through faith, you now have a focus you can be empowered to look at all issues thru - Romans 5:8..

Romans 6 THEREFORE, you are not only dead to sin, but as a result, sin shall not have dominion over you - due to eternal life's empowering love that Romans 5 has already asserted you have been given in Christ.

Romans 7 THEREFORE, you are not only also dead to the Law, but it cannot set off sin in you - because you are not only not under the Law, but have been given the eternal life that was needed to empower you to walk in righteousness.

Romans 8 THEREFORE, you are also not only dead to the flesh, but alive unto God - you have access to the very life-giving power that resurrected the Lord Himself, from the dead.