Government panel backs down on cholesterol

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am thinking it is because of a bunch of pressure put on them by facts. I was reading Rush's story on coffee and it linked to the original. This nugget was in it. Not that it is news. But it will be news to those that don't know any better.

The report says dietary cholesterol now is 'not considered a nutrient of concern for overconsumption.' This follows increasing medical research showing the amount of cholesterol in your bloodstream is more complicated than once thought.

The committee says available evidence 'shows no appreciable relationship' between heart disease and how much dietary cholesterol you eat, but it still recommends eating less saturated fat. As in previous years, the report advises limiting saturated fats to 10 percent of total calories.

The panel doesn't give a specific recommendation for how much cholesterol - or eggs - a person may eat.

You can still ignore the part of saturated fat. That doesn't give you much information. Avoid man altered fats. You hear now about trans fats. Ignore it. Trans fat is just one kind of hydrogenated oil. That is what you need to avoid. Eat butter, not margarine. Well, ignore it when it says 0 trans fat but still has hydrogenated oils in it.

If you ever read the process of making the oil, you provably would never consume it again.

republicanchick

common sense told me a long time ago that meat is healthy. But then, to bolster said common sense, i read up vegans and on people who live to be over 100

Guess what? surprise, surprise... vegans usually die very young..

the only ones who seem to live long are the ones who become vegan only after being a carnivore (as God created us) for many many years first

maybe you don't need as much meat the older u get (?) since u r not growing or lactating or pregnant, but all those who are need meat and plenty of it.

and i say even old people need it once a day or so

I think white sugar and trans fats are the worst things u can eat... processed food, deep fried food that is fried in over-used fat...

___