Google censors TheologyOnLine!

Freak

Originally posted by Zakath

Watch out, Firechyld! That's how it starts; first a "free gift" to add you to Jay's "ministry mailing list", then the incessant badgering for money after they sell their list to hundreds of other "ministries"...

Run while you still can! ;)

I do not badger. I rarely, rarely ask for a dime. I do not sell my mailing list to anyone.

I think what you said was unfair and unkind. To prove you wrong. I'll just send her a free book and she'll never hear from me again.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath

Watch out, Firechyld! That's how it starts; first a "free gift" to add you to Jay's "ministry mailing list", then the incessant badgering for money after they sell their list to hundreds of other "ministries"...

Run while you still can! ;)

Zakath,

You're way off on this. I bought Freak's book. I haven't been slammed by any other ministries. There's been no badgering for money here.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by ebenz47037
Zakath,

You're way off on this. I bought Freak's book. I haven't been slammed by any other ministries. There's been no badgering for money here.

Merely pointing out the similarities with other groups I've experienced over the last few decads. If you're a fan of Jay's theory that you're influenced by invisible aliens from another dimension, that's your privilege.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by firechyld
Aww... I wanna join the Freak party! Sozo thinks I'm demon possessed... I don't think Freak ever answered one way or the other. :D

How 'bout all three of you head down here?

firechyld
Will we get to see you in your Harley Quinn outfit?
:confused:
...at least, I think it was you who mentioned having one...if not, then I've just made a fool of myself (of course, sometimes I need only get up in the morning to accomplish that...)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Firechyld,

I was just in your neck of the woods (relatively speaking) last November. The wife and I did a ten-day sail from Bay of Islands to Auckland with another couple on a nice 46' Benneteau...

When we get down there again, I'll try to contact you and we'll look you up. I want to see Oz next time.

Calvinist

Originally posted by Flipper
I can't speak for Zakath, but I might guess that many psychologists would avoid the question because it is likely to be counterproductive to some of the objectives of psychological or psychiatric counselling for the practitioner to express opinions on morality. If you do that, you have declared your interest one way or another, and so may influence the patient's answers accordingly. They might, for example, stay away from certain areas if they perceived the person to have an antethical or hostile view.

My $0.02. Dr. Z., I hope, will set me straight if I'm full of it.

You are correct and this is precisely why psychologists get nowhere with their patients and when the patient finally quits seeing the "doctor," they are much poorer and more unhealthy than before-- the "doctor" does get richer though.

There simply must be right and wrong in a person's life them to become healthy. People come to doctors seeking answers (which the doctors do have but refuse to provide BTW) and leave more confused and lost than before.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Calvinist
You are correct and this is precisely why psychologists get nowhere with their patients and when the patient finally quits seeing the "doctor," they are much poorer and more unhealthy than before-- the "doctor" does get richer though.
Perhaps why some psychologists get nowhere with their patients...

Some of us do pro bono work, as well. ;)

Calvinist

Originally posted by firechyld
Aww... I wanna join the Freak party! Sozo thinks I'm demon possessed... I don't think Freak ever answered one way or the other. :D

How 'bout all three of you head down here?

firechyld

After I get home from Iraq can my family come stay at your house while we are on leave? We won't mess up your house much, we want to see the sites...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
The general atmosphere around here is deteriorating rapidly.

I think I'll keep my comments to myself, thank you.