Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
friday.gif

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Howdy theo! Howdy TOL! :wave2:
I'm about to help my sister do some mulching at their house. Hope we get a lot done before the rain arrives. :rain:

Good morning kmo, hope you have a good (and well-mulched) day and the rain waits for you. :)

And Tam's mention of cornbread yesterday had me thinking about cornbread ever since. I wish I had some right now...

Here's how I make it:

154947-425x319-cornbread-cast-iron-skillet.jpg

And good morning everyone. :)

@chrysostom, I love this thread. Thank you for making it.
@zoo22, I love the bunnies. Thank you for them.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't even have one of those anymore.
I never was one that thought they actually cooked better or made things taste better.
I thought Teflon was the best invention ever!

The skillet definitely makes better cornbread for me, I've used glass, aluminum and cast iron - there's this wonderful crackly crust that forms around the edge and bottom of the cornbread that you don't get the same from a regular pan. Put the skillet in the oven while it's heating up and you're mixing the batter, then put a pat of butter in the skillet, swirl it around, and pour in the batter. The skillet should be hot enough for the butter and batter to sizzle when they go in.

theophilus

The skillet definitely makes better cornbread for me, I've used glass, aluminum and cast iron - there's this wonderful crackly crust that forms around the edge and bottom of the cornbread that you don't get the same from a regular pan. Put the skillet in the oven while it's heating up and you're mixing the batter, then put a pat of butter in the skillet, swirl it around, and pour in the batter. The skillet should be hot enough for the butter and batter to sizzle when they go in.

I make mine the same way but I add a couple of teaspoons to the batter for a little sweet. Occasionally I will add some chopped jalapenos for a little kick.
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION],

We're all headed to your house for dinner.

:thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
The cornbread battles!
People have their preferences.

I really like the fluffy cake-like sweet cornbread.
I don't want none of my cornbread to be crunchy. :sibbie: