Good gun news

musterion

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2017/11/09/hero-pulls-gun-stop-woman-raped-austin-trail
The incident was one of three similar attacks over a several-week period, but police do not believe they are related.

Williams says he’s been licensed to carry the Glock 43 for about 10 years and uses it to protect himself and others.

“I didn’t think I’d ever have to pull it,” he said to the station. “Did I want to? No, but it was just right place, right time.”

Post stories of guns being used lawfully to stop crime.

WatchmanOnTheWall

“I didn’t think I’d ever have to pull it,” he said to the station. “Did I want to? No, but it was just right place, right time.”

"If you thought you'd never have to pull it out then why did you buy it?"

"That's a good question, I never thought about that, I suppose that's it, I just didn't think, perhaps I should have thought more before buying it. Perhaps it was because I didn't think that's why I bought it. Wow, yeah I bought it without thinking. Perhaps that's why people buy guns because they don't think."

"Yeah, that's right you dummy."

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Pastor shoots intruder who was trying to enter his home

WOODSTOCK, GA (CBS46) -

Investigators do not plan to file charges against a pastor who shot an intruder Thursday morning as the man was breaking into his house, authorities said.

Cherokee County deputies responded to a call of a burglary in progress at the home on Santa Fe Trail at about 2:40 a.m. When deputies arrived, they located the suspect, identified as 19-year-old Donavan Simmons, in the backyard of the home with a gunshot wound to the head.

Simmons was transported to a hospital, where he was in stable condition, said Sgt. Marianne Kelley of the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office, adding that charges are pending against him.

The homeowner, identified by neighbors as the pastor of a Baptist church in Bartow County, told detectives he heard noises in home and realized someone was trying to make entry into his basement. He fired a gun in the general direction of the suspect, and a bullet struck the intruder in the head, Kelley said.

No one in the home was injured.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Armed robber holds up Arby’s. Female employee armed with Glock chases him down.

Justice was served to an alleged armed robber in Michigan on Monday when roles were reversed and he ended up being the one held at gunpoint.
What happened?

An armed robber reportedly entered a Sterling Heights Arby’s around 9 a.m. on Monday, demanding “morning start-up money” from the cashiers on shift, according to police Lieutenant Mario Bastianelli, who spoke to the New York Post about the purported incident.

“So [an employee] turned the money over to the suspect and he takes off on foot,” Bastianelli explained. “Three employees then chased after him, into a nearby wooded area before calling police.”

Sterling Heights’ Arby’s director of operations Marcia Rabideau, a woman armed with a Glock 9mm, was notified that a robbery had reportedly taken place, and that’s when she took matters into her own hands.

According to Rabideau, who spoke to mLive, she could see the suspect fleeing the restaurant, so in order to thwart his escape, she hopped into her Dodge Charger and chased him down.

She ended up running the suspect to a dead end, where she pulled out her pistol and trained it on him until police showed up.

“I didn’t think, I just reacted,” Rabideau told mLive. “Just being stupid, I guess.”

Rabideau told mLive that the suspect was arrested, and that law enforcement located a purported accomplice, who was allegedly driving a getaway car in which a one-year-old child was a passenger.

A spokesperson for the Macomb County Jail confirmed that a robbery did take place at the Arby’s in question.

Rabideau in a Monday Facebook post wrote, “Starting the day out being robbed was not expected but after chasing the suspect down with the charger & holding him there by gun point until the police arrive was priceless! Thank you boys for going after him with me!!!”

In the comments thread, she added, “There was no way in hell I was going to allow this cat to get away with all of our deposits. The suspect tried reaching for his gun but I told him if he lowered his f***ing hands again that I would shoot him dead and I meant it!!!! He stood in the river bank with his hands above his head until the fuzz arrived!”

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Homeowner holds off robbery suspect with gun and 150-pound dog named Tank

(WDRB/CNN) – A Kentucky man armed with a gun said he and his 150-pound dog prevented a suspected robber from running away.

Derek Thomas was watching Saturday night football when he noticed a suspicious shadow outside his home in Louisville, WDRB reports.

The homeowner said he grabbed a firearm for protection and walked outside, where he found a strange man inside his truck.

“As I pulled my gun on him, I said: ‘What the hell are you doing in my truck? Get out of my truck,’” Thomas told the news station.

He said the man crawled out of the vehicle and tried to escape, but dropped to the ground and stayed there after Thomas fired two warning shots.

Thomas then called on his wife, who was inside the house with their three children, to come outside and bring back-up. So, she called 911 and brought out their Great Dane named Tank -- who kept a close eye on the suspect until police arrived.

“(Tank) started barking and going crazy. I said, ‘You heard that? That’s my 150-pound dog. And I promise if you run, I’m not chasing you – but he’s going to catch you,” Thomas recalled telling the man.

Police later arrested the suspect, identified as 25-year-old Matthew Conklin. Officers said they found capped needles and heroin in his pockets.

According to court records, Conklin offered the officers cash to not take him to jail.

The 25-year-old pleaded not guilty to drug trafficking charges, trespassing and bribery at an arraignment on Monday. He’s still being held in jail on $10,000 bond.

As for Thomas, the homeowner said he had no regrets about how he and his dog handled the situation.

"I work every day hard for my money and it makes me upset that somebody is out here in my stuff, stealing my stuff,” he said.

Shoot to kill, dont fire warning shots.