Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 are positively identified

TrevorL

Greetings beameup,
The video overlooked or did not answer the fact that many translations render "chief prince" as "Prince of Rosh", and "Rosh" is considered to be an ancient form of Russia.
Ezekiel 38:1-3 (ASV): And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal:
Other verses that may be considered are Revelation 16:12 and Daniel 11:40 that I believe teach that the Turkish power will be dried up corresponding to the demise of the Ottoman Empire and finally that the King of the North (Russia) will invade Turkey before invading the Holy Land.

Kind regards
Trevor

glorydaz

Yep, I've seen Turkey being Gog spoken of before. It certainly fits exactly with what we're seeing today. In fact, it's exactly what Lindsey Graham (who'd just come back from the Golan Heights) was saying about the approaching attack on Israel by those same surrounding countries. Israel is being backed into a corner....no one can say they haven't been long-suffering.

Good video there. :thumb:

TrevorL

Greetings again beameup,
I don't think very many are aware of what's going on in Turkey with Erdogan...
It will be interesting to see how things work out in Turkey, both long term and in the immediate future. Turkey has entered Syria to fight the Kurds in the north of Syria around Afrin, but the US, Russia and Syria do not endorse this. Both Russia and Syria have allowed Kurds to travel through their controlled areas in order to fight against Turkey in Afrin. My own belief is that Russia is playing a careful game, gradually infiltrating the area, and will gradually dominate the region. This is similar to the way the Roman Empire infiltrated and then dominated this area BC. I believe that Daniel 11:40 teaches that sooner or later Russia invades Turkey and becomes the new King of the North.

Kind regards
Trevor