God's Word is Only Given to Those Who Are Willing to Spend Time and Prayer

iamaberean

The Bible is God’s word and we need to read it with understanding. In the coming posts I will endeavor to explain certain scriptures.

Pro 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
Pro 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The Value of Wisdom
Pro 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
Pro 2:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Pro 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Pro 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
Pro 2:8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
Pro 2:9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
Pro 2:10 When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
Pro 2:11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
Pro 2:12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
Pro 2:13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
Pro 2:14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
Pro 2:15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
Pro 2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
Pro 2:17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
Pro 2:18 For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead.
Pro 2:19 None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.
Pro 2:20 That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.
Pro 2:21 For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.
Pro 2:22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.

iamaberean

The bible is not written to us but for us to understand it.

Let us start with 'this generation'.

Mat_11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat_12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
Mat_12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Mat_23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat_24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mar_8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
Mar_13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
Luk_7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk_11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.
Luk_11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Luk_11:32 The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
Luk_11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk_11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luk_17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
Luk_21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

To understand the above scriptures you must realize it is not to us but to those standing there. "This generation" is not ours. It belongs to the ones that Jesus was standing right in front of at the time he said it.
Now, lets read it again and see if we can comprehend it as such.

Last edited:

iamaberean

Let us go to Mat 24 with the understanding mentioned above.

Jesus Foretells Destruction of the Temple

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Who pointed out the temple to Jesus?

To whom did Jesus respond to?

I want you to read all the scriptures through 14th verse.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )
Who is the 'ye' that would see the abomination of desolation?

Now go ahead and read the rest of Mat 24 with the understanding that Jesus is speaking to his disciples, not us.

I would make one more point and that is about
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

'Heaven and earth' is speaking of the 'temple', I will explain more about that later.

k0de

God's Word is only giving to those who are willing to spend time and prayer.
Huh? Then Islam is the truth. Go ahead get the Quran and complete your daily Salat. Convert and throw your Bible in the Garage.

I receive my God's word through other means. I'm afraid to say that I disagree with the title of this thread. Maybe you should rephrase it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

iamaberean

Where is that in scripture ?

The Value of Wisdom
Pro 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
Pro 2:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Pro 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Pro 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
Pro 2:9 Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

beloved57

The Value of Wisdom

Doesnt say that.

iamaberean

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

'Heaven and earth' is speaking of the 'temple', I will explain more about that later.

The children of Judah considered the foundation stone that the temple of God in Jerusalem was built over is the place where God created Adam, where Abraham attempted to sacrefice his son, and as the place where God’s presence was manifested in Holy of Holies.

It was the place where heaven and earth came together.

Truster

"God's Word is Only Given to Those Who Are Willing to Spend Time and Prayer"

This is the sort of nonsense the natural man comes up with while pretending to be spiritual.

The Bible is the will and testament of the Eternal Almighty. Anyone can read it because after the death of the testator the contents of the will are in the public domain. However, only the heirs can benefit from the will. The heirs have their name i the Lambs Book of Life.

iamaberean

"God's Word is Only Given to Those Who Are Willing to Spend Time and Prayer"

This is the sort of nonsense the natural man comes up with while pretending to be spiritual.

The Bible is the will and testament of the Eternal Almighty. Anyone can read it because after the death of the testator the contents of the will are in the public domain. However, only the heirs can benefit from the will. The heirs have their name i the Lambs Book of Life.
A good 90% of Christians do not understand the bible. Reading it is good, studying to understand it is an absolute necessity.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Mat 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
Mat 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

http://www.reenactingtheway.com/blo...-away-everything-changed879420187179853150181

Truster

A good 90% of Christians do not understand the bible. Reading it is good, studying to understand it is an absolute necessity.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Mat 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
Mat 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

http://www.reenactingtheway.com/blo...-away-everything-changed879420187179853150181

Understanding is a gift. Those that boast about gaining understanding by works, don't understand or have salvation by grace.

Job 32:8
"But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.

2 Timothy 2:7
Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

Proverbs 28:5
Evil men do not understand justice, But those who seek the LORD understand all things.

iamaberean

Understanding is a gift. Those that boast about gaining understanding by works, don't understand or have salvation by grace.

Job 32:8
"But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.

2 Timothy 2:7
Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

Proverbs 28:5
Evil men do not understand justice, But those who seek the LORD understand all things.

Spiritual Gifts
1Co 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
1Co 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

I don't have all the gifts, but God gave me the gift of knowledge when my son, at the age of 20, asked me about 'preterism'. I knew nothing about it until I asked God in prayer to give me the answer. I spent a good two months of study and prayer before I could tell him it is truth but not a salvation issue. From that point on God opened my understanding of much of His word. No where near everything, but much more than what I knew before.

Truster

Spiritual Gifts
1Co 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
1Co 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

I don't have all the gifts, but God gave me the gift of knowledge when my son, at the age of 20, asked me about 'preterism'. I knew nothing about it until I asked God in prayer to give me the answer. I spent a good two months of study and prayer before I could tell him it is truth but not a salvation issue. From that point on God opened my understanding of much of His word. No where near everything, but much more than what I knew before.

There is a difference between intelectual understanding of the scriptural doctrine and life sustaining spiritual comprehension that comes in power.

Hence: " For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. ..."