God's will

Epoisses

It sounds as Esposis is a Universalist?

Jesus saved the world before we repented or believed or did anything good or bad. The atonement is universal but this only exists in Christ who is seated at the right hand of the Father. It doesn't become mine personally until I hear the good news and believe the good news.

God's Truth

Jesus saved the world before we repented or believed or did anything good or bad. The atonement is universal but this only exists in Christ who is seated at the right hand of the Father. It doesn't become mine personally until I hear the good news and believe the good news.

That is not how you explained it before. However what you say here is acceptable...you must hear and believe the good news...the good news is that we have forgiveness of the sins we repent of doing.

God's Truth

So you admit you have to come to Jesus personally...to the one who is ready to forgive sins---THE SINS YOU REPENT OF DOING. I agree with that.

Why else would someone come to Jesus the High Priest if the person coming was not going to confess their sins?

Epoisses

So you admit you have to come to Jesus personally...to the one who is ready to forgive sins---THE SINS YOU REPENT OF DOING. I agree with that.

Why else would someone come to Jesus the High Priest if the person coming was not going to confess their sins?

It's all about you isn't it. The me, myself and I gospel of the carnal Christian. You're carnal and you don't obey either.

God's Truth

Jesus saved us before we repented. It's this goodness that leads us to repentance.

NO WAY are we saved before we repent. Where do you get that from? Jesus says REPENT OR PERISH.

Jesus also says, "Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?"

That is Ezekiel 18:31.

Israel would not repent to Jesus that is why they will die.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
NO WAY are we saved before we repent. Where do you get that from? Jesus says REPENT OR PERISH.

Jesus also says, "Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?"

You just subtracted predistination from the bible. What are you adding now?

Epoisses

You have a gospel with no cross which is a false gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus is sitting on the throne. The throne of David was a throne over Israel.
Yet future!

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That scripture is Peter explaining how the Prophets in the Old Testament spoke of Jesus coming. Peter explains that Jesus came. He then tells the Jews to repent and turn to God so that their sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord…
THEN Peter explains how Christ must remain in heaven until he comes again---at the resurrection.
Those scriptures are about the JEWS NEEDING TO REPENT THEN.
How do you ever get they can repent when Jesus comes again? It will be too late by then.
When Jesus comes again it will NOT be to bear sin.
Peter preached a "repent" then and be identified with Christ in water baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV) looking forward to the blotting out of their sins when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) as in the second coming when the fountain will be opened unto them (Zechariah 13:1 KJV). SImple stuff for the saved, Bible believer!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Not by works of righteousness which we have done is about these works, the PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL WORKS:
The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

THOSE are the works of righteousness that no longer matter.
Paul is NOT saying we no longer have to obey.
Not by works of righteousness which we have done covers all works of ourselves!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation is the gift of God! By grace through faith (and that faith is the faith of Jesus Christ)!

God's Truth

LOL

Show where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins" at Pentecost.

Mark 8:29 KVJ And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

Peter preached Jesus died for our sins.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

...and that Jesus was raised from the dead.

Acts 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

...and that we have to believe in Jesus.

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Paul taught the exact same thing.

Peter

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24.

2 Peter 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Peter preached Jesus dying for our sins.

1 Peter 1:19
but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—

Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.