God's will

God's Truth

If that were true, and it wasn't (past tense) then, why weren't the Gentiles given the law?

Any Gentile could have converted.

Anyone could become a Jew.

Matthew 23:15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Acts 2:11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

Acts 6:5 This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism.

Acts 13:43 When the congregation was dismissed, many of the Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who talked with them and urged them to continue in the grace of God.

Esther 8:17 In every province and in every city to which the edict of the king came, there was joy and gladness among the Jews, with feasting and celebrating. And many people of other nationalities became Jews because fear of the Jews had seized them.

God's Truth

The preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Why don't you think it's enough to save you?

The preaching of the cross IS a preaching of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

If you do not repent of sins, then how does one think they should be forgiven?

God's Truth

The gospel of the grace of God is the power of God to save you. Why don't you believe it's enough?

God did not nail obedience to the cross.

The gospel of grace is NOT that we no longer have to obey.

The gospel of grace is that we no longer have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals just to go to the temple.

The gospel of grace is that faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean and we become the temple.

No way does that mean we are saved by doing nothing to do nothing.

Ben Masada

Yes, it was enough to save Noah.

Pity that, at that time had Israel existed already, not only Noah but the whole world would have been saved if not for any other reason, because there would be no flood. By the same token, had there been a Minyan of 10 adult Jewish men in Sodom and Gommorrah those cities would have not been destroyed. Evidence from Abraham in Genesis 18:32.

Ben Masada

The preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Why don't you think it's enough to save you?

I don't think so. It demonstrates rather the power of the Romans over Israel. Hence, thousands of Jews were crucified only in the First Century. (Josephus in his book "Wars of the Jews."

heir

TOL Subscriber
God did not nail obedience to the cross.

The gospel of grace is NOT that we no longer have to obey.

The gospel of grace is that we no longer have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals just to go to the temple.

The gospel of grace is that faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean and we become the temple.

No way does that mean we are saved by doing nothing to do nothing.
One can only be a fellowheir and of the same Body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). Trust the Lord believing it and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't think so.
I know the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is foolishness to you (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) as you believe not and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). You can only recover yourself to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV). Otherwise, you will perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV). That's your reality check from scripture given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, it was enough to save Noah.
Don't be silly.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

No one today must prepare an ark to be saved!

God's Truth

One can only be a fellowheir and of the same Body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)and partaker of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). Trust the Lord believing it and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

All the scriptures that say 'believe'---those scriptures are about believing you must obey Jesus.

All those scriptures that say 'believe', they do NOT nullify the scriptures that say 'obey'.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Was it by grace that God instructed Noah to build an ark?

heir

TOL Subscriber
All the scriptures that say 'believe'---those scriptures are about believing you must obey Jesus.

All those scriptures that say 'believe', they do NOT nullify the scriptures that say 'obey'.
That which matters to me is what saith the scripture unto me. Paul writes that we are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). That gospel is declared by Paul here (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and according to that gospel, it is the means by which we are saved.

So there.

God's Truth

Noah was warned of God and moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house. Did you have to prepare an ark to be saved?

Noah had to OBEY BEFORE BEING SAVED, and after being saved.

Noah found FAVOR in God's eyes BECAUSE NOAH DID RIGHT.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Do you get that?

I have more scriptures in the New Testament that prove we have to do RIGHT BEFORE BEING SAVED.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Do you get that?

I have more scriptures in the New Testament that prove we have to do RIGHT BEFORE BEING SAVED.

"clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why"~John W

heir

TOL Subscriber

Do you get that?

Noah found grace. He had to do something to find it. We didn't do anything to be saved (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)!

Get that!

God's Truth

"clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago and why"~John W

So you are saying that no longer counts as wisdom?

How about this:

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

To whom has the gospel been sent???????