God's miracles in my life

Gary K

Banned
Here is a story I wrote back in 2001 after I became disabled. U had a Christian English teacher from whom I took and creative writing class and I wrote for that class. My wife had it all this time and just told me she had it a month or so ago.

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
The moon rose on the snow covered landscape flooding my world with
bright moonlight. I finished my reading for the evening, turned the Iight off, and
leaned back against the couch thinking while I watched the scattered clouds drift
by under the full moon. The clouds made moving patches of darkness across an
otherwise brilliantly white landscape, as they slid under the moon.
My mind wandered back to a few weeks before when I had been baptized
and committed my life to Christ. I relived again that wonderful feeling I
experienced as I came up out of the watery grave of baptism into a new life. I
had never before known the peace and happiness in my life that I had
experienced since I had met Jesus and committed my life to Him. My days and
nights were spent in prayer, praise, and study of the Word of God. The
depression I had known for years seemed to have vanished into thin air.
As I lay there counting my blessings, my heart overflowed with gratitude
towards my Creator. He had rescued me from the life of self-destruction that I
had led since t graduated from high school. Because of this I could relate to the
words of David very well, when he said, "He brought me up out of an horrible pit,
out of the miry clay, set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." Psalm
4O:2. I felt Iike nothing that I could offer Him was good enough, for my life up till
then had been one great failure.
I came out of my reverie, thanked God once again for my new life, and
looked back out the window at the magnificent view that I felt God had provided
just for me that night.
Suddenly, t was not where I had been the moment before. I was no
longer looking out the picture window of my parent's living room at Montana's
Yaak River Valley.
I was now standing in a large room with no windows. The building was a
large one of log construction, and at one end of the room was a Iarge, river-rock
fireplace with mantel and hearth. A large fire burned in the fireplace and there
was someone standing in front of the fireplace, back towards me, looking into the
fire. A large, very long table capable of seating maybe a hundred people filled
most of the room. I stood at one end of the table, facing down its length, to the
person in front of fireplace at the opposite end. On either side of the table were
people facing away from me wearing !ong, black, hooded robes, and I slowly
became aware of the sounds of chanting coming from the hooded figures.
I stood wondering where I was, but for some reason feeling no fear, even
though I had never experienced anything like this before. I looked back down to
the other end of the long table, and the person standing there slowly turned
around and walked up to his end of the table without looking up at me. I couldn't
see his face because this person too was wearing a hood, and the light coming
from the fire behind him was only light source in the room. He Iooked up when
he got to the end of the table, threw the hood back and then ! could see his face
and eyes. He locked eyes with me, raised his arm, and pointing at me began to
beckon with his index finger.
"You're mine, you're mine, you're mine," he said, still beckoning me
towards him with his index finger. Slowly I began to float down the length of that
massive table. His eyes were locked on mine and I could not tear mine away.
He seemed to be willing me on down the table, causing me to come ever closer
to him.
I had come to within a couple of inches of his face and felt I was about to
be sucked right into him, when the realization struck me who this was. This was
a one-way trip from which I was never to return. The devil had come to try take
over my mind.
Suddenly the spell was broken as I realized all this and my hearts cry
burst out of my lips. "No!" was all I could scream, but it was enough.
l was once again lying on the couch in my parent's home in Yaak,
Montana. The goose bumps stood out all over me and my heart was beating like
a jackhammer on steroids. The hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood
on end. I knew fear as I had never known it before, and have never known it like
that since
I rolled over on the couch and began to pray, but as I did a scene from my
past came before me with lifelike clarity. I remembered telling the devil I was his.
A long forgotten deed had come back to haunt me.
I had been willing to squander my soul for a momentary pleasure, and
thus had come to the point of telling the devil I was his. I had made a bargain
with the devil and now he had come to claim what was rightfully his.
With desperation I began to pray again. I told the Lord that I knew I had
done this. I told Him I had gotten into this through my own stupidity, and I
confessed just how wrong I had been and told God that I was in over my head. I
told Him I had no chance to win fighting with the devil, and with that I began to
claim the promises I had learned in the Bible. I claimed the promise of 2nd
Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for thee, my strength is made perfect in
weakness." I claimed Psalm 91:11, "For He shall give his angels charge over
thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." I claimed the promise that ma,il. extremity is
God's opportunity and every other promise that I could think of. I prayed as
Jacob must have prayed at the Brook Jabbok the night he thought he was
wrestling for his life with his brother Esau.
As I prayed and claimed the promises of God I could feel the struggle in
the room. There was an actual physical struggle in that room that night for I
could feelwingtips brush against my back as I Iay face down and prayed for help.
I would feelwarm ones and cold ones, sometimes lightly brushing against me
and sometimes forcefully hitting me. I don't know how long I prayed. lt might
have been hours, or it might have been only a few minutes. Ijust do not know.
All I know is I have never been so afraid.
Finally the struggle was over, and a warmth and peace filled that living
room that I have not the words to describe. I lay there and told God how thankful
I was for His loving care and slowly drifted off to sleep. I was at peace, and my
heart was filled with gratitude.
Do I believe in angels? Oh yes, definitely yes. ls God real? Oh yes,
definitely yes.
When I am told that the Bible is just my "guide" and that I should not take it
literally, I know different. When I am told that the Bible does not apply today, I
know different. The promises of God's Word are as true today as they were the
day they were given. When He says, "Come now, and let us reason together,
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they be red
like crimson, they shall be as woo)" believe Him. He has always kept His word
with me, and He will with you too.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another miracle God worked for me.

During my partying years I was both an alky and a dug addict. One Saturday a friend and I started drinking and smoking dope around 10 in the morning. We did that all day. At about 2 in the morning we picked up a couple of women and went for a drive out in the country. It was a narrow winding road and I've always like to drive fast. Well, we came up to a square corner made by to country roads dead ending into each other. I figured I could make the corner by swinging wide going into the corner and hitting the inside and then the outside again coming out of it. I was doing about 50 mph. Unknown to me an irrigation ditch culvert had plugged and there was at least a half inch of water was running across the road.

I swung wide and the started turning and the next thing I knew the back end of the car was trying to pass the front end. To make matters worse the shifting linkage had a problem. To go from 4th to 3rd you had to go to neutral, slide the linkage over as if you were going to shift into first or second and bring it back to shift into 3rd. I did that and then floored it.

It was a hot rod with a lot of power and I had that engine screaming. The irrigation ditch was on the outside of that corner where all the momentum was pushing us into. Somehow we never left the gravel along the edge of the road. If the laws of physics had worked we would have hit that irrigation ditch and rolled through a barb wire fence. Most like we would have all been killed or seriously hurt. But. the laws of physics did not work that night. The only thing I can think of is my guardian angel kept that car on the road.

I have had many miracles worked my life. I was never worth it, and am still not, but for some reason God has seen fit to protect me. He loves all of us more than we can imagine. God is love.

Gary K

Banned
When I was in the first or second grade, I can't remember which as I have a hard time with dates from all my use of psycedelics, my Guardian angel saved my life.

I was running home one day as I was really happy about something that had happened at school. I had to cross a country road right as it entered town. That day I was too excited to think about looking for traffic. It was a small Montana town and there wasn't a whole lot of traffic at that time of day. I just kept running and got out to the middle of the road. I heard a screeching of tires and looked in the direction of the sound. There was a fire engine red Ford coming straight at me. The driver's eyes looked as big as saucers and both his hands were gripping the steering wheel with his arms straightened out. I spun to run back the other direction and the next thing I knew I was standing back on the sidewalk I had just come from. I turned back and looked back in the direction of the car and it was stopped half way through the intersection.

It was a new two door hard top Galaxie. I still remember thing what a beautiful car it was. The guy backed up a few feet and yelled at me to watch where I was going and took off again.

The speed limit right there was 45 so he would have run right over the top of me and drug me a few feet if my angel hadn't moved me as the front end was lower than normal from hard braking so I would have been really seriously injured, if not killed, if my angel hadn't moved me.

It's just one of many miracles God has performed in my life in my life. I know this didn't happen during my wild years but as it was the first miracle that I know of I thought it would be a good place to start.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I see zero miracles in this thread.

Lots of happenstance and things that are attributable to basic physics.

But no miracles.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another miracle from my life. I'm going back again to my childhood.

My parents had lost their relationship with God before I entered the 1st grade. As a result they were abusive to me. They, under the influence of the devil. abused me both physically and emotionally. I started having terrible sore throats in the 3rd grade. So bad I could barely swallow or speak. I went through these for months and finally the school told them they had to take me to see a doctor. It ended up I'd had strep throat all that time. The doc examined me and my tonsils and adenoids were completely rotten; He made sure I was in rhe office when he talked to my parents. He chewed them out and sked them if they were trying to kill me. They just made up the excuse that they thought I was a malingerer trying to get out of doing my home work and chores. He told them I'd have to get over my current sore throat before the surgery could be done.

At last that day arrived and I went in to have it done. When I woke up in the recovery room my throat hurt worse than it ever had. I was lying there and kept having to swallow and couldn't figure out why as I was still really groggy. I worked my way around on my pillow until I didn't have to swallow any more. There was one other kid awake and walking around so I lifted my arm and waved at him. He sawe me and came walking towards me. When he got within 10 feet or so of me his eyes got really big and he turned and ran out the bat wing doors of the recovery room yelling this kid is bleeding to death. I passed out at than pint and the next thing I knew someone was shaking me really hard and asking if I was alright. I roused enough to groan and passed out again.

The doctors hadn't gotten far away enough from my tonsils and adenoids and the stitches had pulled through the rotten flesh.

If I hadn't woken up exactly when I did or that kid hadn't seen me I would have bled to death. God watches over His people and woke me up while still groggy and made sure that kid saw me and came over or I would have died then and there.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Again, no miracle. Just happenstance.

Lon

Again, no miracle. Just happenstance.
I read the same. I'd reckon he is talking about the wonder of God in his everyday life and his appreciations thereof.
I used to get overtly excited at God answering any prayer, but those who followed Jesus because of the loaves and fish miracles, were coming for loaves and fish, not Jesus. We never want to raise the miracle over the Miracle Maker. If such causes a deeper walk with the Savior, well and good.

Miracles are the faith builders. The walk with the Savior we have faith in, is the thing.

Gary K

Banned
I have one here that happened this last summer.

Hackers bricked my laptop about a year and a half ago. I finally got the money together to buy another on this summer, I messed entering the phone number when registering it and every time I shut down the laptop it would restart the registration process right where I left off. So I figured I would have to disconnect the battery to completely restart the process. This laptop has a lithium ha;ide battery in it and it doesn't use plastic connectors and wires to attach the battery to the motherboard. It's a solid metal connection. I'm getting pretty blind in my old age and I inadvertently shorted out the motherboard with the small screwdriver I was using. There was a small blue spark and then everything was dead.

We couldn't afford to buy another one for a long time again so I asked God to fix it. I didn't have the faith I needed to believe He would right then so a couple weeks later I tried it again and it started right up. Not only that but the new browsers require an https connection to the router and I couldn't afford a router that recent. So the laptop wouldn't connect to set up the router. Once again I turned to prayer and once again God answered my prayer. I was able to set up the router so I now have an internet connection.

God is very very good to us. If we have the faith to believe He answers out prayers as Jesus told the two blind beggars. He asked them I they believed He could give them their sight back and they said, Yes Lord.

They received their sight immediately.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have one here that happened this last summer.

Hackers bricked my laptop about a year and a half ago. I finally got the money together to buy another on this summer, I messed entering the phone number when registering it and every time I shut down the laptop it would restart the registration process right where I left off. So I figured I would have to disconnect the battery to completely restart the process. This laptop has a lithium ha;ide battery in it and it doesn't use plastic connectors and wires to attach the battery to the motherboard. It's a solid metal connection. I'm getting pretty blind in my old age and I inadvertently shorted out the motherboard with the small screwdriver I was using. There was a small blue spark and then everything was dead.

We couldn't afford to buy another one for a long time again so I asked God to fix it. I didn't have the faith I needed to believe He would right then so a couple weeks later I tried it again and it started right up. Not only that but the new browsers require an https connection to the router and I couldn't afford a router that recent. So the laptop wouldn't connect to set up the router. Once again I turned to prayer and once again God answered my prayer. I was able to set up the router so I now have an internet connection.

It's actually fairly common for shorts to temporarily kill electronics, then after waiting for a bit, which lets the electricity discharge, for them to work again.

Another non-miracle.

Lon

God is very very good to us. If we have the faith to believe He answers out prayers as Jesus told the two blind beggars. He asked them I they believed He could give them their sight back and they said, Yes Lord.

They received their sight immediately.
Small warning: That we not to get caught up in the loaves and fishes, Our Savior is the thing.

John 6:26,27 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”

Example: Our parents gave us money to buy things. Going to them for $ is not a relationship. The relationship is the thing, not the $

With God, our walk with Him is the thing, not the miracles or other answers to prayer He provides. A thread like this can carry the danger of elevating 'what I can get that perishes' over "Who I get."

Lon

It's actually fairly common for shorts to temporarily kill electronics, then after waiting for a bit, which lets the electricity discharge, for them to work again.

Another non-miracle.
Did you use to be in computers before truck driving? Side hobby you are good at? (maybe another thread)

Gary K

Banned
Small warning: That we not to get caught up in the loaves and fishes, Our Savior is the thing.

John 6:26,27 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”

Example: Our parents gave us money to buy things. Going to them for $ is not a relationship. The relationship is the thing, not the $

With God, our walk with Him is the thing, not the miracles or other answers to prayer He provides. A thread like this can carry the danger of elevating 'what I can get that perishes' over "Who I get."
I understand Lon. I'm posting these miracles because the hyper dispensationalists on this forum are cessationists. I, obviously, am not. Also, I post them to glorify God and His great love for us.

By the way. I know you. You just don't know me under this username. Can you guess who I am?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."
I'm sure others here can testify of something similar.