God's commands in Jesus and the coming of the new covenant.

God's Truth

Over ten years ago I made a statement about why they were killed, very similar to what I just shared with you. They went to their deaths preaching and proclaiming the word of God, the gospel (of salvation in Jesus Christ).

You said they followed the old law. If they followed the old law, they would not have been killed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You said they followed the old law. If they followed the old law, they would not have been killed.
Jesus was killed in violation of God's Law, which you have here called the old law. I believe it was the same with the Apostles. God's Law says to love God and your neighbor.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are saying anything so that you do not have to admit you are wrong.

You claim the Apostles were killed because they obeyed the old law.

That is nonsense.

Jesus taught God's commands. Did He teach God's commands found in the Law? I believe yes.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus observed and taught the Law.

The Apostles did not speak against the Law.

What makes you believe I referred, in your terms, to "the old law"? Where and what, or in what manner, is that to which you would now need to refer?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 4:11-13 NASB - 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

God's Truth

Jesus observed and taught the Law.

The Apostles did not speak against the Law.

What makes you believe I referred, in your terms, to "the old law"? Where and what, or in what manner, is that to which you would now need to refer?

Moses came with the law, not Jesus.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Ephesians 4:11-13 NASB - 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

There might be a teacher, but not The Teacher.

There is no man to be coined The Teacher.

Jesus is the Teacher.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There might be a teacher, but not The Teacher.

There is no man to be coined The Teacher.

Jesus is the Teacher.

It is true that there is no "The Teacher". Jesus is the Teacher. And we have the Holy Spirit. There are teachers in the church. This does not mean there is one teacher in the church, except it be Jesus. See, others are teachers as well, but they can only be said to be teaching truth when what they say is from Jesus by the Holy Spirit and in accordance with the word of God (previous revelation, the revelation of scripture both Old and New Testaments).

God's Truth

It is true that there is no "The Teacher". Jesus is the Teacher. And we have the Holy Spirit. There are teachers in the church. This does not mean there is one teacher in the church, except it be Jesus. See, others are teachers as well, but they can only be said to be teaching truth when what they say is from Jesus by the Holy Spirit and in accordance with the word of God (previous revelation, the revelation of scripture both Old and New Testaments).

Jesus did not want one superior over the others.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You remind me of another member named Untellectual. I wonder where he has been.

I went by Untellectual on TOL until just recently. My name is Jacob. Untellectual was not another name for me. It was just the name I went by or chose on TOL.