God spares a murder ?

Bee1

Some of you may already know where I am going with this but here it is anyway. Why would God spare Cain after killing his brother Abel? And who did Cain have children with if his mother and father were the first woman and man?I am not terrible bright when it comes to the Bible genealogy.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Some of you may already know where I am going with this but here it is anyway. Why would God spare Cain after killing his brother Abel? And who did Cain have children with if his mother and father were the first woman and man?I am not terrible bright when it comes to the Bible genealogy.

Adam and Eve were the first to have a child, Cain.

AHPeeb

I wouldn't say God "spared" Cain. He cursed him so he would never be able to grow food and cursed him to be a nomadic never being able to settle down. God mainly wanted others not to kill Cain out of vengeance.

As far as the wife of Cain, this is where some various beliefs come in. Some say that Adam and Eve had daughters that the Bible doesn't mention for whatever reason and therefore Cain would have married his sister. Others say that Adam and Eve weren't the only humans created by God and just were the important ones that the Bible followed.

Personally, I believe Cain married his sister which sounds gross in our society, but since there was only a handful of people on Earth at that time and God gave the command to be fruitful and multiply, what choice was there. Perhaps God kept any adverse genetic defects that come with inbreeding from happening. We don't know.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I wouldn't say God "spared" Cain. He cursed him so he would never be able to grow food and cursed him to be a nomadic never being able to settle down. God mainly wanted others not to kill Cain out of vengeance.

As far as the wife of Cain, this is where some various beliefs come in. Some say that Adam and Eve had daughters that the Bible doesn't mention for whatever reason and therefore Cain would have married his sister. Others say that Adam and Eve weren't the only humans created by God and just were the important ones that the Bible followed.

Personally, I believe Cain married his sister which sounds gross in our society, but since there was only a handful of people on Earth at that time and God gave the command to be fruitful and multiply, what choice was there. Perhaps God kept any adverse genetic defects that come with inbreeding from happening. We don't know.

interesting that maybe you do not know what inbreeding is

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
??? Huh???

I don't know about you but my family tree doesn't bend. Try to be helpful Jake, keep it together man.

My name is not Jake, so you are wrong if you think that it is.

יעקב
Ya'aqov, Ya'akov
Jacob

Here is what comes up from a Google Search,

in·breed
ˈinbrēd/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: inbreeding
breed from closely related people or animals, especially over many generations.
"persistent inbreeding has produced an unusually high frequency of sufferers from this disease"

AHPeeb

"perhaps God kept the adverse genetic effects of inbreeding from happening."

While the first handful of brothers and sisters procreated to produce the next handful of brothers and sisters that would procreate, perhaps God prevented adverse genetic defects for a little while, we don't know... I don't know what's tripping you up.

Have a great day...
My name is not Jake, so you are wrong if you think that it is.

יעקב
Ya'aqov, Ya'akov
Jacob

Here is what comes up from a Google Search,

in·breed
ˈinbrēd/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: inbreeding
breed from closely related people or animals, especially over many generations.
"persistent inbreeding has produced an unusually high frequency of sufferers from this disease"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

While the first handful of brothers and sisters procreated to produce the next handful of brothers and sisters that would procreate, perhaps God prevented adverse genetic defects for a little while, we don't know... I don't know what's tripping you up.

Have a great day...

Do you have a Bible verse for that Adam and Eve had daughters? I believe they did. That might help someone.

I am a Torah Observant Jew.

I also believe in the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Is inbreeding, animals, about cross-breeding or if different species could potential mate and produce offspring?

I can be accused of incest.

Same as you though, no problem with family lines or genealogy, I wrote a 100 page book of family history including family tree.

AHPeeb

To be fair, I did say, "some believe that Adam and Eve had daughters that the Bible doesn't mention for some reason." just because the Bible doesn't mention something doesn't mean it never happened or doesn't exist. The Bible only tells us what's important. It's not important who Cain married, it doesn't much matter in the grand picture. I am simply trying to provide an answer for something we don't really know. Try to chill for once.

Do you have a Bible verse for that Adam and Eve had daughters? I believe they did. That might help someone.

I am a Torah Observant Jew.

I also believe in the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Is inbreeding, animals, about cross-breeding or if different species could potential mate and produce offspring?

I can be accused of incest.

Same as you though, no problem with family lines or genealogy, I wrote a 100 page book of family history including family tree.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To be fair, I did say, "some believe that Adam and Eve had daughters that the Bible doesn't mention for some reason." just because the Bible doesn't mention something doesn't mean it never happened or doesn't exist. The Bible only tells us what's important. It's not important who Cain married, it doesn't much matter in the grand picture. I am simply trying to provide an answer for something we don't really know. Try to chill for once.

I am a Jew. I do not know why you are speaking to me this way. Think about the way that you treat people.

Tnkrbl123!

I am a Jew. I do not know why you are speaking to me this way. Think about the way that you treat people.

Well to be fair you are treating AHPeeb like they are stupid and that is not a good way to treat people. AHPeeb was just presenting a valid idea and giving reasons for their idea, and you are treating him/her like he/she is stupid and he/she is only defending their point. If you want someone to respect you and if you expect them to be kind to you - which AHPeeb is absolutely being kind - then you have to treat them with the same respect.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well to be fair you are treating AHPeeb like they are stupid and that is not a good way to treat people. AHPeeb was just presenting a valid idea and giving reasons for their idea, and you are treating him/her like he/she is stupid and he/she is only defending their point. If you want someone to respect you and if you expect them to be kind to you - which AHPeeb is absolutely being kind - then you have to treat them with the same respect.

I was not even disrespectful as a Gentile.

they, who? he/she you said

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
God put stumbling blocks in the bible. Its a point when one has to say "well I'll come back to that later" others just start guessing. They stop some people from going on, others believe it will be revealed later. What are you going to do with it?

Tnkrbl123!

First, the punishment he received was severe. Cain believed it to be worse than death. He replied to God, “My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, you have driven me today away from the ground, and from your face I shall be hidden. I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me” (Genesis 4:13-14). Previously, Cain had been “a tiller of the ground” (Genesis 4:2, NKJV), so this particular punishment took away his livelihood. In addition, Cain feared death at the hands of another person. To prevent others from killing Cain, God marked him somehow (what type of mark is uncertain). Instead of being put to death, Cain was forced to live the rest of his life with unfruitful work and the guilt of having killed his brother.
(According to gotquestions.org)

Tnkrbl123!

Have a great day...

I agree and I found this article that explains a bit more

In Genesis 5:4 we read a statement that sums up the life of Adam and Eve: “After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters."

Scripture doesn’t tell us how many children were born to Adam and Eve, but considering their long life spans (Adam lived for 930 years—Genesis 5:5), it would seem logical to suggest there were many. Remember, they were commanded to “be fruitful, and multiply” (Genesis 1:28).

If we now work totally from Scripture, without any personal prejudices or other extrabiblical ideas, then back at the beginning, when there was only the first generation, brothers would have had to marry sisters or there wouldn’t have been any more generations! We’re not told when Cain married or many of the details of other marriages and children, but we can say for certain that Cain’s wife was either his sister or a close relative.

Some say that you can’t marry your relation. Actually, if you don’t marry your relation, you don’t marry a human! A wife is related to her husband before they are married because all people are descendants of Adam and Eve—all are of one blood. This law forbidding close relatives marrying was not given until the time of Moses (Leviticus 18–20). Provided marriage was one man for one woman for life (based on Genesis 1–2), there was no disobedience to God’s law originally (before the time of Moses) when close relatives (even brothers and sisters) married each other.
Remember that Abraham was married to his half-sister (Genesis 20:12). God’s law forbade such marriages, but that was some four hundred years later at the time of Moses.

Each person inherits a set of genes from his or her mother and father. Unfortunately, genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse), and these mistakes show up in a variety of ways. The more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes, inherited from the same parents. Therefore, brother and sister are likely to have similar mistakes in their genetic material. If there were to be a union between these two that produces offspring, children would inherit one set of genes from each of their parents. Because the genes probably have similar mistakes, the mistakes pair together and result in deformities in the children. (Overall, though, the human race is slowly degenerating as mistakes accumulate generation after generation.)

However, this fact of present-day life did not apply to Adam and Eve. When the first two people were created, they were perfect. Everything God made was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). That means their genes were perfect—no mistakes. But when sin entered the world because of Adam (Genesis 3:6), God cursed the world so that the perfect creation then began to degenerate, that is, suffer death and decay (Romans 8:22). Over a long period of time, this degeneration would have resulted in all sorts of mistakes occurring in the genetic material of living things.
But Cain was in the first generation of children ever born. He, as well as his brothers and sisters, would have received virtually no imperfect genes from Adam or Eve, since the effects of sin and the Curse would have been minimal to start with. In that situation, brother and sister could have married (provided it was one man for one woman, which is what marriage is all about, Matthew 19:4–6) without any potential to produce deformed offspring.

By the time of Moses (about 2,500 years later), degenerative mistakes would have accumulated to such an extent in the human race that it would have been necessary for God to bring in the laws forbidding brother-sister (and close relative) marriage (Leviticus 18–20).

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/cain/cains-wife-who-was-she/

Tnkrbl123!

I was not even disrespectful as a Gentile.

they, who? he/she you said

think hard you will figure it out.

And you being very prejudice when you talk about "gentiles" the way you do. It is like being racist...you are lumping an entire group of people together and putting a negative label on them- it's not a good look on you Jacob so cut it out with the "I am a Jew so I'm better than everyone else " attitude. Because the Bible says differently

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God spares lots of murderer's.
[1Jo 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
think hard you will figure it out.

And you being very prejudice when you talk about "gentiles" the way you do. It is like being racist...you are lumping an entire group of people together and putting a negative label on them- it's not a good look on you Jacob so cut it out with the "I am a Jew so I'm better than everyone else " attitude. Because the Bible says differently

The Bible
or God's Law
is the same for everyone?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you are going to be a Rabbi then you should know how to answer that question

I read study observe keep and teach the Torah here in the United States of America.

I am of Israel.

The Commandments are not the same for other Nations.