Give, Gave not Offer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Many times in scripture we see employed the word give or gave as it pertains to the gracious giving of God. Here are a couple of examples Jn 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jn 10:28,29

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand

Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Today in religion man has reduced this word and detracted from its force and intent of an effectual giving and receiving, to a mere offer in the hope of that given will be accepted by the recipient in order for it to be successfully given. Thats grave error and takes the focus away from the gracious giver, which is the Sovereign God with all Power, and puts the attention on the act of mans act of accepting.

When God gives however it denotes a rewarding, advantageous finished performance !

When God gives its successfully received by the one who is the recipient of the giving Jn 3:27

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

When God gives something its done because its effected by His Sovereign Will !

beloved57

With God giving Spiritual gifts, the recipients receiving the gift is parcel with Gods giving, thats what solidifies it as a Gift Given and characterizes it as an action of Gods Grace.

beloved57

When God gives something, the receiving comes with the giving of it. When Jesus Christ gives eternal life, our receiving it accompanies it Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

beloved57

When its written that God gives repentance as per Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted/gave repentance unto life.

2 Tim 2:25

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

It doesnt mean He gives them a mere opportunity or chance to repent, or He's not making a offer of repentance and its up to the sinner to accept it, When God gives repentance He also gives along with it the acquiring of repentance, in that it effects the change of mind and in the case of 2 Tim 2:25 the acknowledging of the truth.!

marke

Many times in scripture we see employed the word give or gave as it pertains to the gracious giving of God. Here are a couple of examples Jn 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 6:33

Jn 10:28,29

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand

Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Today in religion man has reduced this word and detracted from its force and intent of an effectual giving and receiving, to a mere offer in the hope of that given will be accepted by the recipient in order for it to be successfully given. Thats grave error and takes the focus away from the gracious giver, which is the Sovereign God with all Power, and puts the attention on the act of mans act of accepting.

When God gives however it denotes a rewarding, advantageous finished performance !

When God gives its successfully received by the one who is the recipient of the giving Jn 3:27

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

When God gives something its done because its effected by His Sovereign Will !
God does not say, "Whosoever God wills," but "Whosoever will."

Revelation 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

beloved57

You are right. I don't get how anyone can butcher the proper interpretation of the Bible like 5-point Calvinists do.
Thats sad you dont understand this, however i took time to witness to it. When God gives, its accompanied with the recipient receiving what He gives.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes in the spiritual things of Salvation. All of Salvation is conditioned on Jesus Christ in which He fulfilled all the conditions.

When God gives something, is it always received? Or is it sometimes rejected?

Bradley D

I believe that there are those who do reject God's blessing.

"For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit" (1 Thess. 1:7-8).

Status
Not open for further replies.