Genesis to Revelation - A summary of the Bible

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't. And I don't need one. God isn't a man that He should be wrong. Ever.
Just because He has the capacity to be wrong does not mean He will be. Your disagreement here is based entirely on your rejection of this reality.

assuranceagent

Really? Jesus said that he was going to do something and that was deny Him.

If Jesus told Peter that he would deny Him...Peter could have chosen not to do anything?

If he chose to do nothing...would that have made Jesus statement incorrect because He siad that Peter was going to do something?

Jesus knew what Peter's choice would be and stated such. He didn't think he knew, he knew. But simple foreknowledge does not constitute foreordination. Peter didn't make his choice because Jesus knew what it would be.

You are suggesting a hypothetical situation which has no application in reality.

assuranceagent

Just because He has the capacity to be wrong does not mean He will be. Your disagreement here is based entirely on your rejection of this reality.

Capacity to be wrong is capacity for imperfection, which is contrary to God's very nature.

Clete would go so far as to say God has been wrong regarding prophecies he claims never came to pass.

Again, I ask: If God can be the originator of erroneous prophecy, what does that suggest of the security of our future? Could Revelation fail?

Last edited:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Capacity to be wrong is capacity for imperfection, which is contrary to God's very nature.

Clete would go so far as to say God has been wrong regarding prophecies he claims never came to pass.

Again, I ask: If God can be the originator of erroneous prophecy, what does that suggest of the security of our future? Could Revelation fail?

Doesn't God have the ability to change His "mind"?

If God says that He is going to do something...does He HAVE to do it or can He change His "mind" and do something else?

If not, and we have the ability to change or minds...doesn't that give us an ability greater than what God has?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If God said to someone that they would reject Him and that person proved otherwise .. what would be wrong?

If God can be the originator of erroneous prophecy, what does that suggest of the security of our future? Could Revelation fail?
I have faith that God is willing and capable to keep His word. If He chose to save some other people as well my faith would not be dented.

The Graphite

Having been raised in a Texan Southern Baptist family (my folks have since become non-denom), I remember two or three times when I was a kid when someone would make a tongue in cheek reference to the Bible by saying, "From Genesis to Maps!" :patrol: