ECT General question

Danoh

I didn't expect you to think it was.

But that does not change the fact that as I've grown in Christ, looking back, some things are quite funny in retrospect.

True.

Some years back when I was new to Mid-Acts and was running around throughout this great country, I'd look up the various Mid-Acts assemblies, wherever I was; curious about them and what else MAD might be about other than "well that's not for us" exclamation point.

I found I'd either run accross an assembly where the Pastor and his people were warm and all had a great sense of humor; or one where the Pastor and his people were a bunch of legalists.

Sometimes I'd find both kinds of people.

Either in one assembly; or in two assemblies in a same town.

The distinction between the two was always the same.

The ones who were warm, had a sense of humor that enabled them to laugh not only at others but at themselves also; they were focused more on living the life of grace that the "that's not for us" is actually meant to allow.

The others ever seemed stuck in "well, that's not for us" exclamation point.

In fact, I once had a friend who was one of these latter types.

We're going somewhere one day. He's driving. And he's going on and about what's "not for us..."

After awhile, I couldn't resist a temptation to rib him anymore.

Big mistake :chuckle:

So I pointed out some minor point he was off on.

He goes on from there...on and on about this and that "that's not for us..."

I'm sitting there smiling.

At one point, he just pulls over and kicks me out of the car - in the middle of nowhere.

But he was so t'd off when he'd kicked me out that I was laughing so hard that when he sped off, it did not bother me.

So I'm sitting there; still cracking up.

He pulls up. Still miffed...

"Get in!" he barks.

Took everything in me not to bust out with 'that's not for us...' :chuckle:

To my precious; much loved MADS, one and all...

1 Thessalonians 2:20 For ye are our glory and joy.