Gay Rights or Freedom of Religion and Speech?

CherubRam

So they lose their religious right to control other people's love life? Oh no.
Reply: Marriage is a religious concept.

I have two thoughts here

1. Says who? They can say whatever they want.

2. Why do Christians spend their time preaching against things they hate, rather than for things they support?
Reply: #1. Gays want speaking out against Homosexuality made a hate speech and unlawful. #2. Christians spend their time considering and teaching about all aspect of life.

Christians will lose their right to be accepted into congregations?
Reply: No, it is Gays who want to be accepted without change.

There are plenty of gay/child molesting priests already.
Reply: And there you have it, the spreading of Homosexuality for not obeying the commandment.
Leviticus 20:13. KJV
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

CherubRam

I reject the dichotomy. I don't believe they are in conflict, and moreover, I don't think they really can conflict. The rights that being LGBT entails are just human rights, which include free speech and free religion as well as civil rights. The insistence that some people have on trying to reject the rights of LGBT people on religious grounds is an attempt to rationalize an injustice by using ones own rights as a weapon illegitimately.
Show us Gay rights written in the constitution during the founding of the nation?

rexlunae

Show us Gay rights written in the constitution during the founding of the nation?

Did you read what I wrote?

You won't find gay rights anywhere in the Constitution. Nor women's rights. Nor men's rights. You find...rights. Mostly in the amendments. And you find an acknowledgement, in the 9th Amendment, that there are more rights than those that we've specifically protected. And most of the story of the advancement of rights in this country isn't about how we grant special rights to more and more groups, but rather how we remove the institutions limiting the rights that WASPS have always had in application to other groups.

CherubRam

Did you read what I wrote?

You won't find gay rights anywhere in the Constitution. Nor women's rights. Nor men's rights. You find...rights. Mostly in the amendments. And you find an acknowledgement, in the 9th Amendment, that there are more rights than those that we've specifically protected. And most of the story of the advancement of rights in this country isn't about how we grant special rights to more and more groups, but rather how we remove the institutions limiting the rights that WASPS have always had in application to other groups.
Special laws made for Gays giving them special rights is against the constitution. That is what Gays in politics have done for this nation.

CherubRam

The bible is hate speech.

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,...

Alate_One

In American Christian congregations, it is reported that Gay's are going from congregation to congregation, in search of bringing law suits to obtain the properties of the Christian congregations; that is so they can use the new laws to destroy Christianity. This is done with the help of Judges and Lawyers who advocate for homosexuality.

Evidence?

Also (re-posted from another thread) . . .

So maybe someone can explain to me how serving homosexuals in your public business is preventing anyone's "free exercise of religion"? Mind you, the bill has nothing to do with the ability of Christian colleges and schools to discriminate when hiring.

How is this an example of Christ who ate and drank with sinners all the time? How is it a good witness to anyone to say "I won't bake you cookies because you're a sinner"? Where in scripture did Paul say he refused to make tents for pagans? Paul said,

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

I Corinthians 9-19-23

What kind of nonsensical version of Christianity is the State of Indiana promoting?

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

On a side note, Mike Pence is a moron.

Alate_One

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,...
So are you advocating Christians should be free to kill homosexuals? You don't need the new Indiana law to "infringe" on that "right" it's called laws against murder . . . :doh:

Which rights are being infringed? Christian schools, colleges and churches still have the right to hire only Christians (and their determination of the faith, not a potential hire's claims).

The fact there are homosexuals in society and largely accepted in society is nothing new. It happened in Paul's day. What society does is incidental, our job as Christians is to reflect Christ to everyone by our words and deeds.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
In American Christian congregations, it is reported that Gay's are going from congregation to congregation, in search of bringing law suits to obtain the properties of the Christian congregations; that is so they can use the new laws to destroy Christianity. This is done with the help of Judges and Lawyers who advocate for homosexuality.

Typical liberal propaganda:dizzy:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Gay people have the right to live in a secular society free from your religions persecution. When a Christian opens business in the secular world then a persons religion or sexual orientation should not be a consideration.

More baloney. Religion, yes, homosexuality, no, it does not address what would seem an unreasonable concern.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Which is more important?

Should the people be made to give up their religious beliefs, and freedom of speech, for Homosexuals?

Amendment I

Indiana governor: New law 'not about discrimination'
http://news.yahoo.com/pence-effort-clarify-religious-objections-law-underway-050406066.html

Easy, freedom of speech is more important and its constitutional, gay rights aren't constitutional. But then too many do not care about the constitution anymore.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Gay people have the right to live in a secular society free from your religions persecution. When a Christian opens business in the secular world then a persons religion or sexual orientation should not be a consideration.

yes they have the right to live. in a "society", secular or otherwise. Free as a bird (lark), fly away somewhere and FOUND your own "Religion", Nation and Laws. they should be "happy" and "gay" for a place of their OWN, like Palestinians - :patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Easy, freedom of speech is more important and its constitutional, gay rights aren't constitutional. But then too many do not care about the constitution anymore.

easy peasy - Religion and Faith ARE the basis for the Constitution. FREEDOM. so, that means ANY Church can REFUSE ENTRY to BLATANT PUBLIC HOMOSEXUALITY, or ANY PERCEIVED SUBTERFUGE THEREOF. BOOM SHAKALAKA ! ! ! That Is America ! ! !

TracerBullet

Which is more important?

Should the people be made to give up their religious beliefs, and freedom of speech, for Homosexuals?

Amendment I

Indiana governor: New law 'not about discrimination'
http://news.yahoo.com/pence-effort-clarify-religious-objections-law-underway-050406066.html

are you personally being denied the right to free speech? How exactly is your right to practice your religion being denied?

TracerBullet

Reported by who exactly?

CherubRam

Reported by who exactly?

I recently learned that the Church of God changed marriage as a church function, to a pastors prerogative for members. I understand that other congregations have done like wise. This was done to protect church properties. This was all due to same sex marriage being made lawful. After that law passed Gays went to different congregations, to see if they would be denied. The purpose was to bring law suits against the Christian congregations, and obtain their properties.

CherubRam

Amendment I

Please stay on topic.

CherubRam

Religious freedom for Christian congregations is seen as Anti-Gay.

Same sex marriage will require religious officials to solemnize marriages to which they object based on religious doctrine. Same sex marriage laws requires churches to make facilities equally available for same-sex marriage ceremonies. As a result this has exposed churches to civil lawsuits for discriminating against same-sex marriages.