Gas prices are skyrocketing because of Biden

marke

Democrat energy policies are among the worst in history, yet democrats blindly forge ahead to deconstruct civilization in order to bring back the 'natural environment' of a human caveman existence. No cars, no planes, no diesel trucks, no coal-fired electric plants, no gasoline, no heating oil, and so forth.

Back in the old days, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission took its mandate seriously — specifically, to provide:

Economically Efficient, Safe, Reliable, and Secure Energy for Consumers . . . at a reasonable cost through appropriate regulatory and market means, and collaborative efforts.

How the times have changed: We now observe growing favoritism on the part of FERC’s majority toward unconventional energy, wind and solar power in particular. However unsurprising — FERC commissioners are subjected to strong political pressures and have incentives to yield to them as they contemplate their future careers — this shift is deeply inappropriate and will have perverse consequences for years to come.

marke

6075448987f7f1e9fdc0984664e380d75174620b.jpg

Republicans have intentionally blocked everything President Biden's administration has tried to do to build back better, and then blamed the administration for a failure to act. It's politics, sure, but it's dirty politics. I only wish the Democrats would get down to the GOP's dirt level and fight dirtier, but I'm not hopeful. The GQP base wants to deconstruct the U.S. and rebuild it via theocratic fascism, so watch the other hand while they're busy pointing at "antifa! Biden! Hillary! Obama! Libruls! Commies!"
Democrats blamed Trump for everything they could, even blaming him for the bad consequences of things they did themselves. But Biden owns the rising energy and gasoline prices that skyrocketed after Trump left office.
Biden_I_did_that_sticker_c0-1134-3024-2897_s885x516.jpg

Gagoyote

Americans who are not hurting because of skyrocketing costs are likely either independently wealthy, addicted to government welfare and largesse, or not totally mentally aware of their surroundings.

You forgot, "or they are mostly self sufficient so the prices don't matter as much."

I walk most places, grow my family's food, raise our meat and eggs, provide my own off grid energy. We only have free TV to watch football and internet through our phones. My job provides me 6.5 weeks off a year and health insurance for my family of 4 at $120 a month. My wife works. My 16 year old son works and contributes. My 13 year old daughter does a lot of work for us. We are fine.

Your post should say "Americans who are hurting rely too much on the government and their policies. Period."

marke

You forgot, "or they are mostly self sufficient so the prices don't matter as much."

I walk most places, grow my family's food, raise our meat and eggs, provide my own off grid energy. We only have free TV to watch football and internet through our phones. My job provides me 6.5 weeks off a year and health insurance for my family of 4 at $120 a month. My wife works. My 16 year old son works and contributes. My 13 year old daughter does a lot of work for us. We are fine.

Your post should say "Americans who are hurting rely too much on the government and their policies. Period."
I grieve for the suffering brought on poor Americans by wicked leaders and planners who consistently impose very bad policies that benefit themselves at the expense of the poor. Marxism, loudly and forcefully promoted by leaders of the BLM movement and by democrats eager to appease Marxists, is extremely oppressive and wicked, whether rich and comfortable Americans feel the pain yet or not.

marke

Biden is stupid if he does not know what caused gas prices to skyrocket as soon as he took illegitimate control of the WH. He was the cause. End of story. Period.

President Biden’s decision to nix the Keystone XL pipeline has come under renewed fire as the administration struggles with rising consumer frustration over skyrocketing gas prices.

Sen. Joe Manchin III, West Virginia Democrat, made another plea for Mr. Biden to reverse his Jan. 20 executive order revoking the $8 billion pipeline expansion after the president announced Tuesday he would release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Meanwhile, Republicans were quick to connect the dots between the scuttled fossil-fuel project and the pain at the pump.

“As Joe Biden cries crocodile tears over the cost of gas crushing working-class Americans, remember his first action as president: canceling the Keystone pipeline,” tweeted Sen. Tom Cotton, Arkansas Republican. “Joe Biden is responsible for this mess.”

Gagoyote

Let's cherry-pick numbers pulled completely out of context.

Meanwhile, the economy is rebounding from a global pandemic.
But at the same time in May we were told gas prices always go up in the summer so it was normal and they would go back down in the fall. But it's fall now so that line of thinking, or at least saying, was not fully truthful or well thought out.

marke

Democrats are celebrating a fall of 2 cents in gas prices this week after gas prices rose more than a dollar in the months since Biden shut down oil pipelines and drilling. What sort of stupid celebration is that? A victory dance for Marxists who cannot do simple math?

The Democratic Party’s lead fundraising arm for electing members to the House cheered a two-cent reduction in the average price of gasoline on Thursday.

While the price of gasoline has declined slightly since mid-November, it remains near its highest level since 2014, according to Energy Information Administration data. On average, Americans are currently paying $1 per gallon more, a 40% increase, than they were on Jan. 25, shortly after President Joe Biden was elected.

marke

More rich, privileged, leftist morons are coming out demonstrating their inability to understand why poor and middle-class Americans are having financial problems as a result of Biden's high gas prices. What a bunch of privileged leftist bozos.

GettyImages-1236781212-scaled-e1638551284541.jpg

The Washington Post published an article Thursday arguing that gasoline prices aren’t actually very high despite “recent commentary” on the issue.

Rising gasoline prices are a consequence of inflation, which affects all sectors of the economy, Severin Borenstein, faculty director of the Haas School of Business’ Energy Institute at the University of California, Berkeley, wrote in the Post article. He added that the typical American has experienced wage increases that have accounted for gasoline price hikes.
“Do you find it outrageous that it costs more than that today?” Borenstein wrote. “If your answer is no — because the price of almost everything has gone up in the past six decades — then, like me, you may be exasperated by much of the recent commentary on the cost of gas.”
“Although gasoline has become less affordable to those whom society is leaving behind, it has not become less affordable to the typical household,” Borenstein said. (RELATED: Democrats Pop Champagne Corks Over 2-Cent Reduction In Gas Prices, Praise Joe Biden)
President Joe Biden delivers remarks at the White House on Friday. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

President Joe Biden delivers remarks at the White House on Friday. (Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)
However, inflation-adjusted gasoline prices remain near their highest level since 2014, according to data compiled by the Energy Information Administration. While the nationwide average price of gasoline has dipped slightly in the last two weeks, it continues to rise on the West Coast.

The average price of gasoline hit $3.37 per gallon on Friday, a more than 55% increase compared to just one year ago, according to AAA.
Gas prices have also increased far more than consumer prices in other sectors, the latest Consumer Price Index report from the Labor Department showed. The agency’s gasoline index surged 6.1% in the one-month period between September and October, nearly as much as all prices increased over the previous 12 months.
Meanwhile, wages haven’t kept up with gas price increases, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data released Friday. The average earnings of a private sector employee increased about 4.8% over the 12-month period ending in November.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Washington Post published an article Thursday arguing that gasoline prices aren’t actually very high despite “recent commentary” on the issue.
I believe that used to be called blowing smoke up somebody's specific orifice.

marke

I believe that used to be called blowing smoke up somebody's specific orifice.
Biden does not know what to do. He throttled American oil production to satisfy leftist global warming radicals, thus driving American gasoline prices to record highs and enriching foreign oil producers such as Saudi Arabia and Russia. And stupid leftists think Trump was favored by Russia for helping America and hurting Russia with American energy independence, which is a ridiculous assumption based entirely on leftist lies. Russia owes Biden a lot for the billions of dollars bonus it receives as a benefit of leftist opposition to American energy independence.

President Biden has weathered criticism for restricting oil and natural gas production in the U.S. while encouraging more output from foreign producers. The U.S. has also increased its import of oil from Russia.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Biden does not know what to do. He throttled American oil production to satisfy leftist global warming radicals, thus driving American gasoline prices to record highs and enriching foreign oil producers such as Saudi Arabia and Russia. And stupid leftists think Trump was favored by Russia for helping America and hurting Russia with American energy independence, which is a ridiculous assumption based entirely on leftist lies. Russia owes Biden a lot for the billions of dollars bonus it receives as a benefit of leftist opposition to American energy independence.

President Biden has weathered criticism for restricting oil and natural gas production in the U.S. while encouraging more output from foreign producers. The U.S. has also increased its import of oil from Russia.
Never underestimate Joe's ability to f(oul) things up

Barack Hussein Obama

marke

Gas prices are skyrocketing because of...Putin:

View attachment 2766
Exactly. Biden shut down American energy independence, giving Russia billions of dollars from hiked American gas prices as a result, and the demented old guy from the 25th Amendment democrat basement stupidly and ignorantly blames Putin for all his problems, like a black murderer blaming cops for arresting him for being black.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Exactly. Biden shut down American energy independence, giving Russia billions of dollars from hiked American gas prices as a result, and the demented old guy from the 25th Amendment democrat basement stupidly and ignorantly blames Putin for all his problems, like a black murderer blaming cops for arresting him for being black.
Obviously, you have Biden Derangement Syndrome.

marke

Obviously, you have Biden Derangement Syndrome.
I don't see how I can convince you that shutting down American oil independence is driving gas prices up if you do not want to understand or admit that, no matter who is responsible for shutting down American oil independence. Blame it on the leftist wunderkind Greta Thunderbird if you like.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't see how I can convince you that shutting down American oil independence is driving gas prices up if you do not want to understand or admit that, no matter who is responsible for shutting down American oil independence.
So you think Biden shut down American oil independence, do you? Well, this chart proves that once again, you are putting your nimnooness on full display for all to see:

oil production.jpg
As you can see, production slumped down under the Trump administration because of the pandemic, but it has been trending upward since then under the Biden administration.

Source:

marke

So you think Biden shut down American oil independence, do you? Well, this chart proves that once again, you are putting your nimnooness on full display for all to see:

View attachment 2770
As you can see, production slumped down under the Trump administration because of the pandemic, but it has been trending upward since then under the Biden administration.

Source:

Try to get a better view of what has happened in the American energy sector since Biden took illegitimate control of the WH.

And energy prices continue to rise, helping to drive mounting inflation and hurting Americans—especially those with moderate or low incomes—at a time when the economy should be hitting its stride coming out of the pandemic lockdowns.

It is on the costs of energy where Biden’s failures are most starkly visible.

On his very first day in office, Biden scrapped the Keystone XL pipeline, killing 11,000 jobs in the process and making good on his campaign promise to be hostile to the fossil fuel industry.

Continuing his assault on natural resource development, Biden suspended oil and natural gas leases in Alaska.

Former President Donald Trump had propelled America to energy independence, but Biden has purposely squandered it. His policies are designed to reduce domestic production of petroleum, meaning we have become necessarily more reliant on foreign sources.

Biden’s approach has been an economic disaster.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the price of crude oil has jumped by 64% to a seven-year high. The cost of natural gas has doubled in just six months. Heating oil is more expensive by 68%, just in time for winter. And gasoline is over $3 per gallon on the national average, up by almost a dollar over the past year.

Energy costs are one driver of inflation, which is already a concern and could get worse.

The situation he created has led Biden into embarrassing situations where he has been forced to plead for rescue.

Over the summer, his administration begged OPEC to increase oil production to combat rising gasoline prices. It refused.

marke

View attachment 2770

Source:

America's fascist Marxist in Chief tells his enslaved subjects they will just have to get used to the sacrifices he is forcing them to make by giving Russia control of oil prices, driving American gasoline prices through the roof.

GettyImages-1238567912-scaled.jpg

On Tuesday President Joe Biden addressed the world, announcing sanctions against Russia. While he said his administration would try to keep gas prices from skyrocketing, Americans need to be “honest” about sacrifices.

marke

America's fascist Marxist in Chief tells his enslaved subjects they will just have to get used to the sacrifices he is forcing them to make by giving Russia control of oil prices, driving American gasoline prices through the roof.

GettyImages-1238567912-scaled.jpg

On Tuesday President Joe Biden addressed the world, announcing sanctions against Russia. While he said his administration would try to keep gas prices from skyrocketing, Americans need to be “honest” about sacrifices.

Biden may be forced to dial back his bad policy of shutting down American oil production, causing the US to rely more upon Russian oil imports at greatly increased prices. Americans miss Trump.

President Biden moved Tuesday to check Russian President Vladimir Putin’s energy leverage, releasing strategic oil reserves as U.S. petroleum imports from Russia hit a record high and frustration mounted over the administration’s domestic fossil fuel crackdown.

The U.S. imported 245 million barrels of Russian crude oil and petroleum products last year, a surge of about 24% over 2020, according to preliminary 2021 figures released Monday by the Energy Information Administration.

“This equates to nearly 672,000 barrels per day — an all-time record and a 79% increase from just four years ago,” Martin Durbin, senior vice president for policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in a statement.

The increased U.S. reliance on Russian energy fed calls for Mr. Biden to loosen his grip on domestic oil and gas production, starting with lifting restrictions on federal leasing and reversing his cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline.

“President Biden needs to stop financing Putin’s war with Russian oil because he shut off the spigots of American energy,” said House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, Louisiana Republican. “It’s having devastating impacts on the people of Ukraine, but it’s putting billions of dollars in Putin’s pocket.”