GALATIANS 2 THE GOSPEL TO THE GENTILES

TrevorL

Greetings again Right Divider,
God used SPECIAL revelation to send Peter to a gentile that was already a believer and a supporter of Israel. This sending occurred AFTER God had called Paul. Feel free to learn about it all. This is clearly talking about the gospel that Paul was preaching (neither Jew NOR Greek).
I have considered this and Acts 10 and the Letter to the Galatians and Acts 15 and other Scriptures are relevant to the whole picture. But I am asking what Peter was supposed to do after Acts 10, when he was at Antioch. It states that he separated when certain Jews come to Antioch from Jerusalem, and prior to their arrival Peter and Barnabas openly fellowshipped the believing Gentiles at Antioch. But you claim that Peter should conform to the Law and the Law commands separation from Gentiles. This incident proves to me that your view of two Gospels is incorrect.
They all had it.
Relevance? Peter and John healed the lame man also Acts 3:6-8 and Paul also healed a lame man Acts 14:8-10. What distinction is there in this? Peter, John and Paul were granted the power of the Holy Spirit to heal.
Classic Churchianity.
I do not belong to a Church, but fellowship those who believe the One Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name and have thus been motivated to be baptised Acts 8:5-6,12 (before Paul’s call), Acts 28:30-31 (after Paul’s call), the same Gospel as Acts 2 and 3, Peter's two speeches about the Name of Jesus and the Kingdom, for example Acts 2:34-36, Acts 3:16 and Acts 3:19-21.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings again Right Divider, I have considered this and Acts 10 and the Letter to the Galatians and Acts 15 and other Scriptures are relevant to the whole picture. But I am asking what Peter was supposed to do after Acts 10, when he was at Antioch. It states that he separated when certain Jews come to Antioch from Jerusalem, and prior to their arrival Peter and Barnabas openly fellowshipped the believing Gentiles at Antioch. But you claim that Peter should conform to the Law and the Law commands separation from Gentiles.
It can get confusing since there are two dispensations running concurrently for a while. God does NOT change a persons calling.

This incident proves to me that your view of two Gospels is incorrect.
There are MANY gospels.... not just two.

I do not belong to a Church, but fellowship those who believe the One Gospel of the Kingdom and the Name and have thus been motivated to be baptised Acts 8:5-6,12 (before Paul’s call), Acts 28:30-31 (after Paul’s call), the same Gospel as Acts 2 and 3, Peter's two speeches about the Name of Jesus and the Kingdom, for example Acts 2:34-36, Acts 3:16 and Acts 3:19-21.
You're a total mess.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Greetings again john w, The Gospel about the death, burial and resurrection is taught throughout the OT, for example the Promise concerning Eve’s seed, the various promises to Abraham and David, the enactment in Genesis 22, the teaching of Psalm 16 and Isaiah 53. The opening of Jesus’ ministry was at his baptism when he prefigured his dbr and also stated the following:
Matthew 3:13–15 (KJV): 13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
The whole teaching and example of Jesus throughout his ministry was to reveal the way, the truth and the life. Others replace this with various teachings, a wrong view of “grace”, OSAS, Calvinism, “faith alone” and other variations. I am not sure what is your mix of ideas; possibly some form of Mid Acts Dispensationalism.
It is the One Gospel with expanding detail. Abraham was justified by faith in Genesis 15:6, but if we now ignore most of the detail including the dbr then we will not be justified.
Nice assessment, but little substance. You seem to preach two different Gospels, and thus you do not follow the teaching of Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor
It is the One Gospel with expanding detail.

No, it's not-you made that up. The 12 were not preaching 1 Cor. 15::1-4 KJV, at least prior to its' occurrence.

Why are you lying? What is your motivation?

TrevorL

Greetings again john w,
No, it's not-you made that up. The 12 were not preaching 1 Cor. 15::1-4 KJV, at least prior to its' occurrence.
Why are you lying? What is your motivation?
Where I differ with you is that you are suggesting that there were two different Gospels, but the Apostles preached the Kingdom of God and the moral character required to enter into the Kingdom, but after the death and resurrection of Christ they taught that Jesus is the Christ, the King of the Kingdom and such passages as 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 are a development in detail of this same Gospel of the Kingdom Acts 8:5-6, 12.

Kind regards
Trevor