Funny/Cringe childhood stories

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
@TomO gave me this idea for a thread topic. What are some of your childhood memories that are funny but at the same time make you cringe?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The police would arrest my parents if this happened today: Riding in the bed of a pickup truck or the back of a station wagon with no seat belts, getting tossed around like it was a carnival ride. The trips would always end with kids getting a few bruises but it was worth the fun. That would never happen today.

Hoping

Banned
When mom took us four kids to the store she would make us wait in the car.
We would fight like cats and dogs, trapped in a 57 Ford wagon.
I stabbed my sister in the shin with a pencil on one occasion.
I'm surprised she never tattled on me...maybe I was justified?
Nah.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, this fits the criteria of this thread. When I was a kid (about 5 or 6 years old) living in Cali, we had a huge dough boy pool in our backyard. Our nanny was sitting on the deck with her feet in the water. As I was under water, her big toe beckoned me towards it. So naturally, I bit it.

She was really angry, yanked me from the pool, accidentally burned my arm with her cigarette. She tattled to my parents.

It was so worth it.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Okay, this fits the criteria of this thread. When I was a kid (about 5 or 6 years old) living in Cali, we had a huge dough boy pool in our backyard. Our nanny was sitting on the deck with her feet in the water. As I was under water, her big toe beckoned me towards it. So naturally, I bit it.

She was really angry, yanked me from the pool, accidentally burned my arm with her cigarette. She tattled to my parents.

It was so worth it.
Did you have the following running through your mind as you did it?

Hoping

Banned

It was so worth it.
LOL...6 year old's will eat almost anything...(except beets).
May we all call you "Bass" from now on?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speaking of funny things that happened in the car when we were little, we had a an old Baha VW bug and there were 4 of us kids. No way 4 of us were going to fit in the back seat. Although we did sit in each other’s lap sometimes. But mostly we just fought over who got to lay up in the back window area.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Once, when I was about 5, my mom was driving some 4-door car and I was lying on the shelf above the back seats, below the back window. Something happened that caused her to slam on the breaks. I flew off the back shelf, over the front seats and wound up on the floor in front of the passenger seat. She just asked me if I was okay. I said I was fine.

Now, you would think that, having just narrowly avoided serious injury, one of us would have thought it might be a good idea for me to sit in a car seat like a normal human being instead of immediately climbing right back up onto that shelf like a monkey but that's exactly what I did with no objection at all from my mother. That was perfectly normal behavior back then.

Years later whenever I reminded her of that story, she would just cringe and bury her face in her hands.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 💪
Thanks a lot. As soon as I read this, that Kelly Clarkson song started playing and now I can’t get it out.