Free Will

Aetheryn

I didn't know where else to put this, but in the time of Adam and Eve, when Eve was instructed to eat the Apple, did that mean the devil gave her the free will to do it? Or does it mean he was opening eves awareness to do things she wasn't instructed to do, like disobeying God (much like he did), and in a way exercising her free will?

All in all, who gave us free will, God who created us with that capacity , or the devil who let the early humans understand we had that capacity?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Nanja

I didn't know where else to put this, but in the time of Adam and Eve, when Eve was instructed to eat the Apple, did that mean the devil gave her the free will to do it? Or does it mean he was opening eves awareness to do things she wasn't instructed to do, like disobeying God (much like he did), and in a way exercising her free will?

All in all, who gave us free will, God who created us with that capacity , or the devil who let the early humans understand we had that capacity?

Freewill of man is an illusion.

All things are predestinated by God according to His Will and Purpose.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

God has th right to make His creatures for whatever purpose He chooses.

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

These scriptures prove that God does not desire all men without exception to be saved but yet they are not.

Nanja

If free will of man is an illusion, are you basically saying (in regards to my post) that God created Eve to disobey him?

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

So explain to me how by that scripture, any action of man was not done according to God's Will.

Nanja

So your answer is yes, God intended for Eve to disobey him.

So explain to me how by that scripture Dan. 4:35, any action of man was not done according to God's Will.

Then what could we learn from that?

We learn how to discern Truth by the authority of God's Words.

2 Tim. 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Nanja

Maybe I'm just not understanding you.

Why would God will Eve to disobey him, then kick her out of Eden for disobeying him?

Read it again:

Who are we to question what God does?

Jerry Shugart

Who are we to question what God does?

I question your interpretation of the verse. It does not say that every action taken by man is according to the will of God. From the context we can see that the subject is God's kingdom (v.34) so this is what is meant at verse 35:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all"
(Ps.103:19).​

And this:

"Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all" (1Chron.29:11).​

You make the LORD to be unjust. According to your ideas when a man sins he sins because the LORD willed him to sin. And then the LORD punishes Him for doing the very thing which He Himself bears the responsibilty!

popsthebuilder

So explain to me how by that scripture, any action of man was not done according to God's Will.
That scripture does not refute the gift of free will. It atests to the fact that ultimately GOD's Will will be done, and that our percievable freedom is too of the will of GOD, for our sake, not the sake of GOD.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Nanja

You make the LORD to be unjust.

That's your false assessment.

I believe what that scripture says:

God's Will is Sovereign and controls and determines the will of the inhabitants of the earth.

popsthebuilder

What scripture says that?
God dignifies us with free will, the power to make decisions of our own rather than having God or fate predetermine what we do. Consider what the Bible teaches.

God created humans in his image. (Genesis 1:26) Unlike animals, which act mainly on instinct, we resemble our Creator in our capacity to display such qualities as love and justice. And like our Creator, we have free will.

To a great extent, we can determine our future. The Bible encourages us to “choose life . . . by listening to [God’s] voice,” that is, by choosing to obey his commands. (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) This offer would be meaningless, even cruel, if we lacked free will. Instead of forcing us to do what he says, God warmly appeals to us: “O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river.”—Isaiah 48:18.

Our success or failure is not determined by fate. If we want to succeed at an endeavor, we must work hard. “All that your hand finds to do,” says the Bible, “do with your very power.”(Ecclesiastes 9:10) It also says: “The plans of the diligent one surely make for advantage.”—Proverbs 21:5.

Free will is a precious gift from God, for it lets us love him with our “whole heart”—because we want to.—Matthew 22:37.

Doesn’t God control all things?

The Bible does teach that God is Almighty, that his power is not limited by anyone other than himself. (Job 37:23;*Isaiah 40:26) However, he does not use his power to control everything. For example, the Bible says that God was “exercising self-control” toward ancient Babylon, an enemy of his people. (Isaiah 42:14) Similarly, for now, he chooses to tolerate those who misuse their free will to harm others. But God will not do so indefinitely.—Psalm 37:10, 11.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk