Free will is simply....

Truster

Man does not have unlimited free will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the will to be free it cannot be subject to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes. For the will to be free it must have sufficient power to fulfil its chosen route or decree. Otherwise it is just wishful thinking.

Truster

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of Elohim, they are the sons of Elohim".

There is certain and true liberty only in being led. Amen.

Truster

"Then Yah Veh saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".

Subjects and slaves to sin and so all they willed was an abomination.

Messiah said, "It will be as it was in the days of Noah".

Truster

Ephesians 2:3
We all lived among them at one time in the cravings of our flesh, indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.

Free will?

genuineoriginal

Addressing the Eternal Almighty by the Names and Titles He commanded His people to use is "pretentious"?
God never commanded his people to address Him as "the Eternal Almighty".

Here is the name He said to be used:

Exodus 3:15
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.​

The LORD h3068 יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah - "the existing One"
God h430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym - God

genuineoriginal

For the will to be free it cannot be subject to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes. For the will to be free it must have sufficient power to fulfil its chosen route or decree. Otherwise it is just wishful thinking.
The will is not "subject" to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes, as proven by Job:

Job 31:1
1 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?​

Here is Paul speaking of using our free will to make our thoughts subject to our will:

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;​

Truster

God never commanded his people to address Him as "the Eternal Almighty".

Here is the name He said to be used:

Exodus 3:15
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.​

The LORD h3068 יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah - "the existing One"
God h430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym - God

You seem to think that when The Almighty spoke He used English.

God is a transliteration of the Germanic word Gott. Gott is what the Germanic pagans called their idols and totems.

Truster

The will is not "subject" to the lusts of the flesh or the eyes, as proven by Job:

Job 31:1
1 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?​

Here is Paul speaking of using our free will to make our thoughts subject to our will:

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;​

Your blindness becomes more evident with every pot shot you take at trying to understand.

genuineoriginal

You seem to think that when The Almighty spoke He used English.
Not at all.
I do think that you have chosen of your own free will to use "the Eternal Almighty" as the most pretentious titles and names for God that you could imagine.
It is your pretentiousness that I am calling you out on.

God is a transliteration of the Germanic word Gott. Gott is what the Germanic pagans called their idols and totems.
If you don't like German words, stop using English, since English is a Germanic language.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I hear the tap of a white cane.

I bet you do. The interesting thing is that you're professed to its origins. You can't work at improving your freewilled lot in life by mere rote spiritualism...the real world fails to accommodate your idealized spiritual fear of rejection from God. Hence, your sufference into a self-imposed existence as a hell-bound sinner! :idea:

....how we are shackled by our own chains...:idunno:

Truster

I bet you do. The interesting thing is that you're professed to its origins. You can't work at improving your freewilled lot in life by mere rote spiritualism...the real world fails to accommodate your idealized spiritual fear of rejection from God. Hence, your sufference into a self-imposed existence as a hell-bound sinner! :idea:

....how we are shackled by our own chains...:idunno:

You sad man.

Truster

Just after I was converted I heard someone say they preferred a certain Bible translation, because "it is easier to understand". I then heard it from numerous people in the next few years. What I realised is that they had sealed their fate by insisting they understood. In which case why didn't they obey?...Guilty.

The same thing applies to a person that insists his will is free and therefore he is in complete control of his intents, thoughts, words and deeds. That man is now liable and guilty. He will experience the effects of guilt in the realm of time and suffer the consequences eternally.

quip

BANNED
Banned
" Order my steps in Thy word; and let not any iniquity have dominion over me".

Ironically spoken through a man with a tethered and burdened soul. A prideful, contradictory study in suffering for....spiritual solace.

Truster

Ironically spoken through a man with a tethered and burdened soul. A prideful, contradictory study in suffering for....spiritual solace.

Your continual and nonsensical attacks say far more about you than they do about me. The bitterness you exhibit is like a cancer and is ruinous.

Truster

Any exercise of the will of man is evil and results in sin.

"Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest."​

The will of the Eternal Almighty is perfect and any straying from His will or any act that falls short of His good and perfect will is sin.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after Elohim. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one".​

Truster

For the unregenerate this is just a verse in the midst of many verses. For the regenerate this is the effect of salvation:

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Truster

Free will is simply wishful thinking on the part of man.

"I know, O Yah Veh, that a man's way is not his own; no one who walks directs his own steps".

"We can make our plans, but the Yah Veh determines our steps."

If you have free will why is your life so miserable? Why don't you have all things that your free will has determined you deserve? Why do things not turn out the way your free will has determined?

3 X's ? are rhetorical.

"for dominion belongs to Yah Veh and he rules over the nations." Despite mans wishful thinking.

I was in Psalm 12 this morning and the attitude of those that insist their will is free was perfectly illustrated in verse 4. (With the lips are the contents of the heart* revealed...)

"Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?"

"They say, "Through our tongues we have power; our lips are our own--who can be our master?"

"They say, "We speak persuasively; we know how to flatter and boast. Who is our master?"

"that has said, "We will overcome with our tongues. With lips such as ours, who can be our master?"

whichever translation you read the impression is the same, arrogance and pride.

heart* not the blood pump.