Freak now promotes limited atonement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This thread is designed to be like old school Freak style!

In a sad and shocking turn of events Freak is now promoting the doctrine of limited atonenment.

Freak recently stated....
God has given us free will and yet has chosen us, as individuals.
And . . .

I do believe in divine election.
Wow, a hardcore 5 point Calvinist couldn't state it any better eh? (or worse) :shocked:

I ask brother Freak to repent from this vile doctrine at once! May the demon of limited atonement leave the body of Freak at once! I command thee in the name of Jesus!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
As opposed to your avatar, which is designed to be like old school Superfreak style!

Jauchzer

John 3:16
16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him the ones He wasn't lying about loving should not perish but have everlasting life.

Fixed it!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jauchzer said:
John 3:16
16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him the ones He wasn't lying about loving should not perish but have everlasting life.

Fixed it!
ouch!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Someone should give Freak notice that he is being called on the carpet. He may want to revise his statement about individual election, since he does believe in an unlimited atonement. He is being inconsistent (and wrong), but he is not denying an unlimited atonement in his own mind (unlike TULIP dudes). The root problem is trying to cling to simple, exhaustive foreknowledge and not seeing the corporate nature of predestination/election. Individuals may be called for ministry (vs salvation or not), but even this can be resisted. Election is not causative.

Freak

Knight said:
Good job :up:

In a sad and shocking turn of events Freak is now promoting the doctrine of limited atonenment.

Hardly. Never have, never will.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

God loves everyone who has ever existed and desires for everyone to experience salvation through His Son-Jesus!

Jesus died for everyone!

Z Man

Knight said:

May the demon of limited atonement leave the body of Freak at once! I command thee in the name of Jesus!
Ha!

Limited atonement is Biblical, like it or not.

John 10:14-15
I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

Z Man

Jauchzer said:
God refuses to allow some of us to come to Him in faith and receive His grace?

:vomit:
What man desires such a thing, apart from God's grace and moving Spirit?

John 12:37-40
But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."

Romans 3:10-12
As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one."

Romans 8:5-8
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

1 Corithians 2:11
For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:
Ha!

I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

What does that have to do with INDIVIDUAL election?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:
What man desires such a thing, apart from God's grace and moving Spirit?

John 12:37-40
But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."

Romans 3:10-12
As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one."

Romans 8:5-8
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

1 Corithians 2:11
For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
Z Man, if you are going to post a string of verses make a point.

None of these verses indicate limited atonement.

Z Man

Shimei said:
What does that have to do with INDIVIDUAL election?
I was making a point for limited atonement. "I lay down my life for the sheep"? Come on Shimei, keep up. :doh:

Z Man

Knight said:
Z Man, if you are going to post a string of verses make a point.

None of these verses indicate limited atonement.
Maybe if you would read the WHOLE post, you wouldn't jump to stupid conclusions.

Jauchzer said, "God refuses to allow some of us to come to Him in faith and receive His grace?", to which I replied with my post that shows numerous Biblical proof that man CANNOT go to God on his own. In other words, Jauchzer's statement that God refuses men to come to Him is ludicris, because the Bible tells us that NO MAN ever seeks after God anyways.

JCAtheist

God already gave us the tools to come to Him.. we don't do it alone.. He has his writing within us that calls us every time we have a choice to make. And other guides along the way.. such as some people here. Just depends what text you want to use, and how blinkered you want to be. IMHO.

Love and Peace

JCAtheist

Z Man

JCAtheist said:
God already gave us the tools to come to Him.. we don't do it alone.. He has his writing within us that calls us every time we have a choice to make.
If that's the case, why doesn't everyone who hears the Gospel message 'choose' Christ?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Z Man said:
Ha!

John 3:16 does not say that He died for the elect. There is more to the context of Jn. 10 than a proof text (it is not dealing with the nature/extent of the atonement). The passage is a figure of speech or parable. It conveys central truths through an illustration. If you understood hermeneutics, you would not read more into the details and make it a didactic passage on soteriology. Other verses establish general redemption and do not contradict this one. The way one becomes a sheep is through repentant faith and coming to Him. All those who come to Him will not be cast out. Whosoever will may come. Everyone has the potential to be one of His. His death is efficacious for all who believe. Not everyone believes. In your view, God elects some, but non-elects others that He could save. Your view compromises the impartial love and justice of God.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.