Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

So let's say Wesley and Calvin joined the dialogue, here. Both would say they have been reborn (born again or born from above) yet there is a great deal of the Bible they'd disagree about. How then can the rebirth be a guarantee of freedom from misinterpretation of scripture?

Edit: Also I agree God isn't at fault, but I wonder if the lack of clarity of scripture is somehow by design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello:)

How do you think people will know that they have been reborn?

marhig

Would you say, then there is no greater thing than love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God is love! Love is the core of the gospel.

The two greatest commandments are, to love the lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, and to love our neighbour as ourselves.

Our Lord Jesus taught us to even love our enemies, and to do this isn't to be all over everyone with a sloppy happy clappy kind of love, like you see some people doing. It's suffering ourselves to bring this love of God to others, and no matter what they do to us, we help and be there for them and do God's will. And sometimes God's love is a tough love but it's always the truth, and it's always done without malice, hatred or reviling, we are to always to do it without holding a hardness for others in our hearts, and always be ready to forgive, and God forgives us as we forgive others. And we bring God's word and his love that is in our hearts to everyone and truly follow Jesus.

This is how we glorify God.

glorydaz

Matthew: 18. 4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 6. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Matthew: 23. 12. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. 13. But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. 16. Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Luke: 14. 10. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. 11. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. 12. Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee. 13. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: 14. And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Luke: 18. 2. Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3. And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5. Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? 9. And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10. Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2 Corinthians: 12. 18. I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps? 19. Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying. 20. For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: 21. And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Philippians: 2. 7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Colossians: 3. 11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. 12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. 14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

James: 4. 4. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 5. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? 6. But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. 11. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? 13. Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14. Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

1 Peter: 5. 5. Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

peace

PS:

Saint Paul called himself "nothing, the cheafest of sinners" I thought.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Posting a bunch of texts without any comment is something easily done, but profits no one. We all read the Bible all the time, and we're here to discuss it. If you have something in mind more than just trying use the word to lecture, then it's best you read it yourself and learn from it...since that's undoubtedly who needs it the most.

marhig

Yes. If you have not been reborn, all of Scripture has been hidden from you.
Naturally, can a newborn baby understand everything at once? They can't even see properly at birth and they have no teeth for meat and they can take only milk, so it is with those who are young in God. Because some have no understanding, that doesn't mean that they don't belong to God. It's good to have an enquiring heart, God knows who are his, and the ones who are wrong are those who think they know it all and that they are elect and elite and above others thinking they know everything!

God hates pride!

marhig

Matthew 21

And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

marhig

You are not in the body and what I was concerned about is actually happening. You just tried to teach me.

Who do you think you are? You are so above yourself it's unbelievable! You sound like a head pharasee seeing yourself as above everyone else and no-one can teach you anything!

And who are you to say that spockrates isn't in the body, and on another post that he isn't saved? are you God now?

marhig

God doesn't have to ask us to do what He has already done. Our heart is purified by faith, we are new creatures...all things are new. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and have been created IN CHRIST. Crucified with Christ....a done deal. No "dying" but dead, and raised in newness of life.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.​

Christ died for the sins of the world. Why don't you believe that?

He has no power over the believer...resist and he flees.

True believers always desire to please God, but we don't do it out of fear, but because He is worthy of all praise.

If you can't understand it, why do you keep suggesting it's true of others? Just because you can't understand what we're saying when we speak of resting in Him, you assume things that don't even make sense to you....yet you say it.

Fiery trials are all those things that come upon us from living in this corrupt world of sin. In this world we will have tribulation. The difference for us it that the Lord never leaves us or forsakes us as we walk through this valley of the shadow of death.

Paul explains that here, and notice how we, who have the firstfruits of the SPIRIT, are only waiting for the redemption of our body...when we receive a new spiritual body.

Romans 8:22-23
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.​

So the fiery trials are all those things that come upon us from living in this corrupt world of sin, yes that's right. So when we know we are going through a fiery trial, do we give in to it or do we deny it and obey God and do his will?

And remember, it's a fiery trial, so it's not all easy. We have to suffer and partake in the sufferings of Christ. It's not always a walk in the park on a sunny day. It's sometimes hard to bare our cross, but God won't ever put is through what we can't bare, but he will try us and as we overcome we are strengthened. And through faith and by God's grace, Christ by the Spirit with help us to do so.

Truster

The Bible says to test the spirit.

If we don't know what is evil or good, we maybe helping the satan's evil schemes.

I refuse to cooperate with the satan.

Jesus gave us how to discern who is evil or good; he says we know them by their fruit.

If we don't know how to inspect the fruit, we will be easily misguided or misled.

to be able to inspect fruit, we have to know what Jesus teaches and striving to follow His teachings.

Whole commitment to Jesus is the key to be able to inspect fruit.
There is no short cut.

You are cooperating with Satan. You are one of his assets, but you are unaware of it. When he is given leave to do so he will drive you to abject despair, if not insanity.

Truster

The term saint is used 95 times in scripture. In his epistles Paul used the term saint when referring to the regenerate. The regenerate are called to be holy and they are made and declared holy upon conversion.

I'm not above myself, but I am accurate and I can be grateful for what I've been called from, unto this grace in which I stand.

To the praise of the glory of His grace and amen.

holy (one) qadosh qaddish is an adjective meaning spiritually whole and set apart unto Elohim. We* are set apart and made holy when we are converted. Prior to that we are vile and enemies of Elohim.

holy (the) noun hagios that which has been hallowed-set apart unto Elohim. Many translations interchange the term holy and saint.

we* the redeemed, regenerate, repentant sinners.

Truster

So the fiery trials are all those things that come upon us from living in this corrupt world of sin, yes that's right. So when we know we are going through a fiery trial, do we give in to it or do we deny it and obey God and do his will?

And remember, it's a fiery trial, so it's not all easy. We have to suffer and partake in the sufferings of Christ. It's not always a walk in the park on a sunny day. It's sometimes hard to bare our cross, but God won't ever put is through what we can't bare, but he will try us and as we overcome we are strengthened. And through faith and by God's grace, Christ by the Spirit with help us to do so.

It is blatantly obvious that you are repeating parrot fashion things you have read or heard. You are not a partaker in anything you so boldly proclaim.

Truster

Who do you think you are? You are so above yourself it's unbelievable! You sound like a head pharasee seeing yourself as above everyone else and no-one can teach you anything!

And who are you to say that spockrates isn't in the body, and on another post that he isn't saved? are you God now?

Pharisees were firmly under law, as you are, and hated the liberty being enjoyed by the saints, as you do.

I am under, and wholeheartedly submit to*, the perfect law of liberty. I serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

and wholeheartedly submit to* I was brought into submission and made willing in the day of His power.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.

I am a scheming liar, a fraud, an idiot, I don't follow Jesus, I don't obey and I'm a useless hateful and vile man. ( That means someone can have a day off)

Truster

God is love! Love is the core of the gospel.

The two greatest commandments are, to love the lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength, and to love our neighbour as ourselves.

Our Lord Jesus taught us to even love our enemies, and to do this isn't to be all over everyone with a sloppy happy clappy kind of love, like you see some people doing. It's suffering ourselves to bring this love of God to others, and no matter what they do to us, we help and be there for them and do God's will. And sometimes God's love is a tough love but it's always the truth, and it's always done without malice, hatred or reviling, we are to always to do it without holding a hardness for others in our hearts, and always be ready to forgive, and God forgives us as we forgive others. And we bring God's word and his love that is in our hearts to everyone and truly follow Jesus.

This is how we glorify God.

He actually glorifies Himself in the regenerate and will glorify Himself. "That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us* through Messiah Yah Shua".

us* the redeemed, regenerated, repentant sinners. The holy saints.

Last edited:

marhig

It is blatantly obvious that you are repeating parrot fashion things you have read or heard. You are not a partaker in anything you so boldly proclaim.

Again, you don't know me, and you can't possibly know what i go through or what i have gone through in my life, so you can't know what i have been a partaker of in my lifetime! You are judging me again through your false teachings and fleshly mind!

Maybe, before you get on your pedestal and start trying to judge me and others again through your false teachings, you should take a good look at yourself and then go and read your Bible again, pray to God to open your understanding and hopefully by his grace, you will get to know the truth!

But you'll never have understanding whilst you're heart remains hard and you remain full of pride and see yourself as elect and above others, seeing yourself as a self proclaimed prophet/apostle!

Matthew 23

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

marhig

Pharisees were firmly under law, as you are, and hated the liberty being enjoyed by the saints, as you do.

I am under, and wholeheartedly submit to*, the perfect law of liberty. I serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

and wholeheartedly submit to* I was brought into submission and made willing in the day of His power.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.

I am a scheming liar, a fraud, an idiot, I don't follow Jesus, I don't obey and I'm a useless hateful and vile man. ( That means someone can have a day off)
You're just a false teacher who doesn't believe that we are to obey the living God! That says it all!

marhig

He actually glorifies Himself in the regenerate and will glorify Himself. "That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us* through Messiah Yah Shua".
Those who glorify God are full of his love and the life and light of Christ shines through them. I haven't heard much of that love or light from you. You are too busy setting yourself on high!

Anyway, I've got no time to go through all of this with you again, and you going on about how unsaved and lost i am. Whilst seeing yourself as saved and elect and holy!

I'm off to get my breakfast :)

Truster

Again, you don't know me, and you can't possibly know what i go through or what i have gone through in my life, so you can't know what i have been a partaker of in my lifetime! You are judging me again through your false teachings and fleshly mind!

Maybe, before you get on your pedestal and start trying to judge me and others again through your false teachings, you should take a good look at yourself and then go and read your Bible again, pray to God to open your understanding and hopefully by his grace, you will get to know the truth!

But you'll never have understanding whilst you're heart remains hard and you remain full of pride and see yourself as elect and above others, seeing yourself as a self proclaimed prophet/apostle!

Matthew 23

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

You say that I don't know you, but I know the beastly spirit at work in you. The spirit of deceit, a lying spirit that despises the truth and hates the saints.

You are a very good counterfeit, but the spirit at work in you keeps manifesting.

You say that my heart is hard, but you don't understand what the word heart means. When you hear or read the word heart you get this silly little red cartoon image in your mind, but I don't, because I have a new heart*1 of flesh. I not only have it I can describe what it is and what it's function is. Unless you heard or read the description of the function, you'd be unable to use the parrot fashion theology you are so adept at.

heart1* not the blood pump.

That spirit accuses me at the beginning of your post and then does exactly what I'm being accused of at the end of the post. There is always much confusion in the mind when the lying spirit is at work. That's why people say a good liar must have a good memory...

Truster

Those who glorify God are full of his love and the life and light of Christ shines through them. I haven't heard much of that love or light from you. You are too busy setting yourself on high!

Anyway, I've got no time to go through all of this with you again, and you going on about how unsaved and lost i am. Whilst seeing yourself as saved and elect and holy!

I'm off to get my breakfast :)

The words I posted didn't set me on high. In fact I wasn't mentioned. Man wasn't mentioned. Every word came from Him as is being returned to Him in praise and for His glory. Every single word was aimed at the glory of the Eternal Father and His Son The Messiah.

Anyone in whom the Holy Spirit dwells would say amen at least, but that spirit at work in you hates the fact that I have set man at nought and given the honour and the glory to Him who sits on High. You can't even bring yourself to read the post, because the spirit at work in you won't allow you to.

You always speak of works, but you completely ignore the work in true worship that is conducted in spirit and in truth. The true work that exalts the work of redemption.

All you can bring is the sacrifice of Cain and like him you hate the true sacrifice that we, like Abel, bring. A sacrifice of praise...

Truster

You're just a false teacher who doesn't believe that we are to obey the living God! That says it all!

I think, speak and perform everything in obedience to the Spirit that lives and works in me. His yoke is light and His burden is easy. There is a yoke and I've been wearing it for 6,494 days to the praise of the glory of His grace and amen.

Truster

Naturally, can a newborn baby understand everything at once? They can't even see properly at birth and they have no teeth for meat and they can take only milk, so it is with those who are young in God. Because some have no understanding, that doesn't mean that they don't belong to God. It's good to have an enquiring heart, God knows who are his, and the ones who are wrong are those who think they know it all and that they are elect and elite and above others thinking they know everything!

God hates pride!

If an immigrant came to live next door and didn't understand a word of English would he be right in accusing me of being proud, arrogant and elite, because I can and I do speak English?

Status
Not open for further replies.