Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

Boasting for obeying Jesus is not something people who obey Jesus do, for they are 'humble' people.
As for Jesus' works, he says they are easy.
There is never a wrong time to obey Jesus.
Onlookers? Who is watching you? We should be concerned what God thinks of us.
It should make you feel good to do right.
You boast everyday here about your works

ClimateSanity

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he says he saves those who believe and obey.

That is what he says.

If you do not believe you have to obey everything, tell me what things you think you don't have to obey?
You are changing the subject. You boast everyday when you tell everyone here how you always obey.

glorydaz

This is what I mean.

Ephesians 2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul says in times past, it should be in times past where we were disobedient, and in times past we walked according to the course of this world, and in times past that we had our conversation in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of our mind. These things should be in times past now that we belong to God. And we should no more be children of disobedience, but children of obedience loving God and wanting to live to do his will. And I know that we can't do it without him. But we must be willing to walk away from our flesh and this world, and then through faith and by the grace of God, God will strengthen us to overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ.

Well, it is times past for the true believer. We just don't dwell on it....nor do we trust in ourselves to perform what God is performing in us...in His time and according to His own workings.

marhig

Well, it is times past for the true believer. We just don't dwell on it....nor do we trust in ourselves to perform what God is performing in us...in His time and according to His own workings.

Yes but do you agree that we can't carry on doing those things?

Because, if God is working in our hearts, then don't we carry out those works in our lives? God's works brings forth the fruits of the Spirit. And that's what others should be seeing in our lives once we are born of God, and not the works of our flesh.

glorydaz

I agree! Without God, we can do nothing! And everything is done through Christ Jesus. Without him I'd still be dead in my sins. He is the way, the truth and the life. And no-one gets to the father except through him.

I hope you know that Jesus is God come in the flesh. That He is the Creator of all things.

glorydaz

Yes but do you agree that we can't carry on doing those things?

Because, if God is working in our hearts, then don't we carry out those works in our lives? God's works brings forth the fruits of the Spirit. And that's what others should be seeing in our lives once we are born of God, and not the works of our flesh.

God looks at the heart. It's men that see the outside.

What you don't seem to believe is that we are new creatures. Our desires are not what they were, so why do you keep suggesting those who are the Lord's could suddenly start living like the devil? It smacks of a lack of belief.

marhig

God looks at the heart. It's men that see the outside.
Yes God does look at the heart, and men judge outwardly, that's why we can't judge others by our flesh. Just by the word of God, and then he will judge.

What you don't seem to believe is that we are new creatures. Our desires are not what they were, so why do you keep suggesting those who are the Lord's could suddenly start living like the devil? It smacks of a lack of belief.

Who said that I don't believe we are new creatures? Once we are born of God we are definitely new creatures and our old life should be gone.

And I only say anything like that when others say that they don't have to do anything and that they still think that they can still live by the will of the flesh, and by doing so they are still saved or of they start calling good evil. It's not evil or wicked to believe that it is right to obey God and do his will.

Living by the will of our flesh is living like the devil, that's what he wants us to do, and tempts us always with.

I have to go, it's Sunday morning here, and I'm going to our house meeting, I'll hopefully be back again God willing.

ClimateSanity

There are six things the*Lord*hates,
****seven that are detestable to him:
17*********haughty eyes,
********a lying tongue,
********hands that shed innocent blood,
18*********a heart that devises wicked schemes,
********feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19*********a false witness*who pours out lies
********and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Then Joshua son of Nun secretly sent two spies*from Shittim.*“Go, look over*the land,” he said, “especially Jericho.” So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab*and stayed there.

2*The king of Jericho was told, “Look, some of the Israelites have come here tonight to spy out the land.”*3*So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab:*“Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land.”

4*But the woman had taken the two men*and hidden them.*She said, “Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from.*5*At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate,*they left. I don’t know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them.”*6*(But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax*she had laid out on the roof.)*7*So the men set out in pursuit of the spies on the road that leads to the fords of the Jordan,*and as soon as the pursuers*had gone out, the gate was shut.

8*Before the spies lay down for the night, she went up on the roof*9*and said to them, “I know that the*Lord*has given you this land and that a great fear*of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you.*10*We have heard how the*Lord*dried up*the water of the Red Sea[a]for you when you came out of Egypt,*and what you did to Sihon and Og,*the two kings of the Amorites*east of the Jordan,*whom you completely destroyed.*11*When we heard of it, our hearts melted in fear*and everyone’s courage failed*because of you,*for the*Lord*your God*is God in heaven above and on the earth*below.

12*“Now then, please swear to me*by the*Lordthat you will show kindness*to my family, because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign*13*that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them—and that you will save us from death.”

14*“Our lives for your lives!”*the men assured her. “If you don’t tell what we are doing, we will treat you kindly and faithfully*when theLord*gives us the land.”

15*So she let them down by a rope*through the window,*for the house she lived in was part of the city wall.*16*She said to them, “Go to the hills*so the pursuers*will not find you. Hide yourselves there three days*until they return, and then go on your way.”

17*Now the men had said to her, “This oathyou made us swear will not be binding on us18*unless, when we enter the land, you have tied this scarlet cord*in the window*through which you let us down, and unless you have brought your father and mother, your brothers and all your family*into your house.*19*If any of them go outside your house into the street, their blood will be on their own heads;*we will not be responsible. As for those who are in the house with you, their blood will be on our head*if a hand is laid on them.*20*But if you tell what we are doing, we will be released from the oath you made us swear.”

21*“Agreed,” she replied. “Let it be as you say.”

So she sent them away, and they departed. And she tied the scarlet cord*in the window.

22*When they left, they went into the hills and stayed there three days,*until the pursuershad searched all along the road and returned without finding them.*23*Then the two men started back. They went down out of the hills, forded the river and came to Joshua son of Nun and told him everything that had happened to them.*24*They said to Joshua, “The*Lord*has surely given the whole land into our hands;*all the people are melting in fear*because of us.”

Danoh

I have absolutely no desire to do anything which might displease the Lord...and it was a work of God...not my own doing.

Colossians 2:10-12KJV
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.​

I suspect you mean that in the right spirit.

At the same time...

But for the double-standard you and your pals on here ever remain oblivious to, your above: were you not of their number, would easily be taken by said club members as being nothing more than...

But you tell everyone that you obey God....that's boasting.

Whoops, there comes Tam to prove said club is your/her reality, here on TOL - by her response to this club observation of mine :chuckle:

The forest, for the trees...

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

:D

ClimateSanity

I suspect you mean that in the right spirit.

At the same time...

But for the double-standard you and your pals on here ever remain oblivious to, your above: were you not of their number, would easily be taken by said club members as being nothing more than...

Whoops, there comes Tam to prove said club is your/her reality, here on TOL - by her response to this club observation of mine :chuckle:

The forest, for the trees...

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

:D
What in the world did you say?

Truster

Lying is an abomination to God and yet Rajab is listed in the faith hall of fame. Was she being obedient when she lied?

When a lie suits the purpose of the Almighty he will send a lying spirit. False teachers have a lying spirit as did the false prophets and as do false brethren.

"And Yah Veh said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so". 1 Kings 22:22

Satan was that lying spirit in Eden and was not exercising free will. He was sent and sent for a purpose.

Elohim is Good. Everything He purposes and performs can only be Good. He is good intrinsically and not by performance. He is most certainly not subject to the judgement of man as to what is or is not good.

Truster

That is how truth should be responded to. No questions, no accusations, no arguments. Amen.

While were are on the subject of amen. Most people you meet, who continually use the term, don't know what they are declaring. They seem to think it's something you stick at the end of a prayer.

Amen is one of only two words that can be transliterated into every language. I don't know for certain what the other is, but I'm thinking it may be halalu Yah.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That is how truth should be responded to. No questions, no accusations, no arguments. Amen.

We are whome we associate with. CS and anyone else who agree with your comments, they are of satan.

You are self claimed judge who are interested in yourself. You are abusing Jesus to glorify yourself.

You and your friends are too blind and too puffed up to see this simple fact.

Last edited:

Truster

We are whome we associate with. CS and anyone else whom agree with your comments, they are of satan.

You are self claimed judge who are interested in yourself. You are abusing Jesus to glorify yourself.

You and your friends are too blind and too puffed up to see this simple fact.

Is that an impersonation or manifestation?

Kuchisake-Onna

SondySquirrelly

While were are on the subject of amen. Most people you meet, who continually use the term, don't know what they are declaring. They seem to think it's something you stick at the end of a prayer.

Amen is one of only two words that can be transliterated into every language. I don't know for certain what the other is, but I'm thinking it may be halalu Yah.
Truster
Why dont you consider your own words:
"I don't know for certain what"...
Esp "I don't know for certain"

Because that's a bit of humility....
We all must grasp.

The truth is in th center
We have our perception of the truth.
We are all a bit or a lot blind and by the grace of God we see...
And I'll show you a couple of different translations about that...
The same verse, different translations...
When morning arrives.
I need more rest.
But remember...we are speaking English...not ancient Hebrew or Greek. Nor Aramaic nor the languages of any otiginal texts here...
And why are there so many translations?
We still seek...the words themselves to be precise.
When the Word is Alive. The spirit of the word becomes clearer with listening and prayer and supplication and revvelation to those who believe and ask on it...in their time..our need etc....
May God be with you Truster..
That your heart not be hardened and your mind exalted above it's proper place in perceiving that you are above reproach or knowledgeable and experienced enough to read the hearts of man...deciding who is worthy and who is not.
For that is not man's job at all.
Blessings...

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.