Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

Someone else asked you not to post miles of Bible verse. We* all know the Bible and if we need reminding we* have the Holy Spirit and our brothers and sisters. We* don't need a lesson from a hypocrite.

we* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.
What was it twenty verses?

I'm so sorry I don't twist and contort singular verses out of context to my own will and liking.
Get over it.

Job: 9. 13. If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him. 14. How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him? 15. Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge. 16. If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice. 17. For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause. 18. He will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitterness. 19. If I speak of strength, lo, he is strong: and if of judgment, who shall set me a time to plead? 20. If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse. 21. Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life. 22. This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked. 23. If the scourge slay suddenly, he will laugh at the trial of the innocent. 24. The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he? 25. Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away, they see no good. 26. They are passed away as the swift ships: as the eagle that hasteth to the prey. 27. If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness, and comfort myself: 28. I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent. 29. If I be wicked, why then labour I in vain? 30. If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean; 31. Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me. 32. For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. 33. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both. 34. Let him take his rod away from me, and let not his fear terrify me: 35. Then would I speak, and not fear him; but it is not so with me.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

I doubt that you fully understand what irony means and how to recognise it.
Keep assuming things. I am thankful that error is to learn from and sincerely hope that by the will of God and the way that is the Christ that you will eventually learn from yours, and turn from them in humility.

peace

popsthebuilder

What unrecognisable and faulty footing is it that attempts to break others down all while attempting to establish itself as superior?

Oh wait; I misspoke; it is recognisable
Matthew: 7. 23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Romans: 9. 26. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 27. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 28. For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. 29. And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Matthew: 13. 22. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Matthew: 13. 25. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28. He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29. But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. 31. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32. Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. 33. Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Galatians: 6. 2. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5. For every man shall bear his own burden. 6. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. 7. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. 14. But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

If scripture offends you then don't read it. If you think it is misinterpreted somehow then use the chapters and verse reference numbers to read out of your own book.

peace

Last edited:

Truster

Keep assuming things. I am thankful that error is to learn from and sincerely hope that by the will of God and the way that is the Christ that you will eventually learn from yours, and turn from them in humility.

peace

Would you care to repost that in recogniseable English.

Truster

That has nothing to do with placing yourself on a pedestal or degrading others.

I speak the truth according to scriptures and the doctrine within. I also recognise lies and liars. When I do I reveal who they are. You are a worker of iniquity. A hater of truth and those that speak the truth.

popsthebuilder

I speak the truth according to scriptures and the doctrine within. I also recognise lies and liars. When I do I reveal who they are. You are a worker of iniquity. A hater of truth and those that speak the truth.
What is plainly obvious is that you cannot back up your projected claims, but have been shown to be utterly wrong with scripture.

Every single time I have refuted your nonsense with actual plain scripture you change the subject; generally by attempting to redirect conversation into unprofitable insult.

peace

glorydaz

So the fiery trials are all those things that come upon us from living in this corrupt world of sin, yes that's right.

That's why I pointed it out.

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.​

So when we know we are going through a fiery trial, do we give in to it or do we deny it and obey God and do his will?

There is such a thing as accepting trials that come upon us. We welcome them. This is what's known as having a Peace that passes all understanding, Rejoicing in the Lord, Glorying in tribulations...knowing they work patience, experience, and hope. That's what resting in the Lord is all about. It's trusting in Him and not ourselves.

Romans 5:1-4KJV
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.​

And remember, it's a fiery trial, so it's not all easy. We have to suffer and partake in the sufferings of Christ. It's not always a walk in the park on a sunny day. It's sometimes hard to bare our cross, but God won't ever put is through what we can't bare, but he will try us and as we overcome we are strengthened. And through faith and by God's grace, Christ by the Spirit with help us to do so.

I'm pretty sure after knowing the Lord for over 40 years, I'm aware that life is not a walk in the park on a sunny day. Christ bore the cross...I didn't. He overcame for me. He does it all and I rest in Him.

glorydaz

What unrecognisable and faulty footing is it that attempts to break others down all while attempting to establish itself as superior?

Oh wait; I misspoke; it is recognisable
Matthew: 7. 23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Romans: 9. 26. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 27. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 28. For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. 29. And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Matthew: 13. 22. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Matthew: 13. 25. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28. He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29. But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. 31. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32. Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. 33. Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Galatians: 6. 2. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5. For every man shall bear his own burden. 6. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. 7. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. 14. But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

If scripture offends you then don't read it. If you think it is misinterpreted somehow then use the chapters and verse reference numbers to read out of your own book.

peace

What do you think you're proving from those verses you quote? If you want to use scripture, tell us what you think it's saying, and how it applies, and we can tell you what we think it's saying. Otherwise, you just show how you randomly quote verses and assume they are making some point you're hoping they make. Those very verses apply to you as well as anyone else. Read them in the privacy of your room and heed what they are saying TO YOU.

Scripture texts don't offend...what offends is your using them like they are scraps of paper waving in the wind. Stop doing that. If you want to make a point....choose one or two verses and explain why you think they apply.

Truster

What is plainly obvious is that you cannot back up your projected claims, but have been shown to be utterly wrong with scripture.

Every single time I have refuted your nonsense with actual plain scripture you change the subject; generally by attempting to redirect conversation into unprofitable insult.

peace

You live in a dream world, but I'll go along with you if it makes you feel any better.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

What do you think you're proving from those verses you quote? If you want to use scripture, tell us what you think it's saying, and how it applies, and we can tell you what we think it's saying. Otherwise, you just show how you randomly quote verses and assume they are making some point you're hoping they make. Those very verses apply to you as well as anyone else. Read them in the privacy of your room and heed what they are saying TO YOU.

Scripture texts don't offend...what offends is your using them like they are scraps of paper waving in the wind. Stop doing that. If you want to make a point....choose one or two verses and explain why you think they apply.
So for you on understand what scripture plainly says you need me to take each verse out of context and manipulate it so that it applies to me and then give my opinion?

I have no opinion on the matter. The scriptures speak simply and honestly to the same points I have been making for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.