ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

@ ImJu That old handwriting which was against us has been nailed to the cross...did you dig it up?

Well, I think you're applying meaning to that phrase that doesn't exist for any reason than to support your doctrine. The point of that phrase is that the curse of the Law is no longer against us.

God's Truth

and that proves you and the others do not really understand what paul wrote

Stop falsely judging me. You do not even obey Jesus by not calling your brother in Christ 'father'.

You belong to a denomination that unburies their dead and puts them in see-through caskets to venerate and pray for a healing from a decaying body.

Danoh

The other day, while out and about, I noticed a sign in English and Spanish on the of a store the management of which had recently changed hands.

I found the sign amusing - in English it read "Under New Management."

In Spanish it read "Bajo Nueva Administracion" [Under New Administration or House Rule].

Together with that, was a sign on its door announcing a "Change In" its "Hours of Operation."

As if to add a bit of irony to the moment; as I stood there someone walked up and tried to pull open the store's door.

I pointed out both signs. They read them, and then then proceeded to attempt to pull open the door once more.

Just then some other person walked up, read the twos signs, said "Oh; new management; new hours, I wonder if they'll still carry my favorite things; oh well..." an moved on.

Reflecting on that now, for all it gets those on here who ignore the Dispensational nature of many things in life, let alone, the way's of The Lord, they might as well be asserting we are all living under a former "Administration's" tax "system" they perceive is still in place.

That's what all this - "no, I'm right; you are the one wrong" boils down to - the misguided assertion of some - "I don't care what the sign on the door you have just pointed out to me says about 'new this, new that,' I am used to, and want my ritual!"

Dispensational - that which is doled out; given; dispensed by the Lord of a Household to a Steward to dole out; give; dispense to the Members of that household as to Each's Respective Meat; and that; in its Due Season.

The reward of the inheritance - greater privilege in rule [if saved to begin with] - tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.

Luke 12:

42. And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43. Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

IMJerusha

That is not true.

A messenger from Satan does not mean Paul was a sinner.

He declared himself chief amongst sinners. In his humility, he knew his level of guilt before God. "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst." 1 Timothy 1:15

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
what do you think this means?

2 Corinthians 12:7 (KJV)

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

vs.8 I besought the Lord thrice...

vs9. and He said My grace is sufficient for thee

vs.10. Therefor

I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in neccesities, in persecutions for Christ's sake for when I am weak I am strong.

...nothing about sin there.....or sickness

God's Truth

I don't agree with that statement in some contexts and here is why. Who, in their right mind, would have made any effort to be obedient to God's Law if they didn't have faith in God? I think Paul was speaking of the curse of the Law in Galatians 3:12.

A person could join the Catholic denomination, do everything the church says, yet not really have faith in God.

Just believe what the scriptures plainly say. The scripture plainly says that the law was NOT based on faith. The scripture plainly says that there is a new law that requires faith. The scripture plainly says the Jews who did NOT have faith were hardened and cut off.

See Galatians 3:12; Romans 3:27; Romans 11:7; and Romans 11:20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
He declared himself chief amongst sinners. In his humility, he knew his level of guilt before God. "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst." 1 Timothy 1:15

Silly Billy...he WAS the chiefest but he was saved....look at YOU now...trying to find a cover for sin, a reason for continuing in sin.

THAT is what you always accuse us of doing.

IMJerusha

Pardon me, where was Paul irritated by his inability to refrain from doing something he knew was sinful?

Are you re-writing the bible?

Nope.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
Man's weakness is disobedience to God's Will. Always has been. It is only by Yeshua's power that man's weakness is made perfect. Does that mean that we should sin all the more to increase God's Grace through Yeshua? No. (Gee, who said that? Romans 6:1)

God's Truth

Paul did not struggle with sin after Jesus saved him the way he did before Jesus saved him.

Paul in no way remained doing the sins that earned him the self-given title of Worst of Sinners. He said that about himself because BEFORE Jesus saved him, he was a violent man; he gave approval of Stephens’s death, guarded over the clothes that belonged to the men who killed Stephen. Saul put many of the saints in prison, and when they were put to death, he cast his vote against them. Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off men and women and put them in prison. Acts 22:20, Acts 26:10, Acts 8:3.

That is why Paul said he was the worst of sinners. Not because he kept sinning after he was saved! Pastors in many if not all denominations teach that falseness, that Paul, after Jesus saved him, struggled with sin so much and was the worst of sinners.

IMJerusha

Silly Billy...he WAS the chiefest but he was saved....look at YOU now...trying to find a cover for sin, a reason for continuing in sin.

THAT is what you always accuse us of doing.

He made that statement as Paul, Tottie, not Saul. And he made that statement while he was a living, breathing person, his attitude being: "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
vs.8 I besought the Lord thrice...

vs9. and He said My grace is sufficient for thee

vs.10. Therefor

I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in neccesities, in persecutions for Christ's sake for when I am weak I am strong.

...nothing about sin there.....or sickness

Nothing about sin....except in ImJu's new version.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This forgiving and forgiveness thread is great, I have learned a lot that will help me to be more forgiving and whole lot less with the judgmental.

I like the way these passages kind if flow together.

Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
2 Corinthians 2:7 so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow.