ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

But for the Bible hub, the rest if what you said above is the same for me.

Instead of Bible hub, though, I just use a KJV pdf. I simply enter a word or phrase in and hit "Find."

That's really what we ought to be doing - comparing methods and understandings - not tearing into others for their understandings.

Bad enough a sentence here; a paragraph there, never really does justice to where we are each actually coming from.

Believe it or not; every single Mid-Acts person on here agrees on the importance of works. Just not for salvation nor for standing after salvation.

There are many here who say they can sin all they want and it makes no difference.

Rather, because of it - after He saves us by His grace through faith - absolutely no merit of our own.

Ephesians 2:

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 5:

1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

The works Paul is speaking of that no one has to do anymore are the ceremonial works. The ceremonial works are the works people used to have to do to clean themselves just to be able to go to the tent, then later the temple just to worship God.

We do not have to do those works anymore because Jesus’ blood cleans us by faith.

That is our standing before God - that is how He sees us in His Son - He is at peace with us - being that we have beenjustified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Our walk after this, is also by faith - just walking by faith in this standing He has given us in His Son.

Note it again - received His gift by faith; walk in it by faith - Colossians 2:

6. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7. Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11. In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12. Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, havingforgiven you all trespasses;
14. Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way,nailing it to his cross;

Here is where we disagree with you - notice:

20. Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21. [Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22. Which all are to perish with the using;] after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23. Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

He is talking about works men add to grace - the commandments of men - works that never satisfy the flesh - tomorrow the guilt and the "need to please God" starting all over again.

Paul never ever puts down Jesus’ teachings as being works of men.

In fact, you just put down living to please God when Paul tells us that is how we are to live our life:

Ephesians 5:10 and find out what pleases the Lord.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

God's Truth

Post His teachings? At least five things?

Fear God.

Humble yourself.

Repent of your sins.

Forgive others.

Do not lust.

Do not be angry.

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Luke 14:11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You will not even know God unless you obey Him. That is what God says.

John 14:21 NET
The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

He was speaking to the Israelite's. Why must I keep correcting your
posts? The gentiles were NEVER under the law.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Fear God.

Humble yourself.

Repent of your sins.

Forgive others.

Do not lust.

Do not be angry.

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Luke 14:11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

ALL of this was written to the lost sheep of Israel. Yikes woman!!