For What Purpose Did God Create the Planets That We Call "Mars," "Venus," "Saturn," "Jupiter," etc.?

Sevenz

Why did God create the planets that we call "Mars," "Venus," "Saturn," "Jupiter," etc.?

It appears that most Christians believe and teach that all who become "saved" are destined to go to "Heaven" and will spend eternity there with God and Jesus. If that is true, then it begs the question that I first asked.

Do any of you here have any ideas about this? Did God's initial plan for the planets fail? Did he change his mind? Please let me know what you think.

Sevenz

Right Divider

Body part
Why did God create the planets that we call "Mars," "Venus," "Saturn," "Jupiter," etc.?

It appears that most Christians believe and teach that all who become "saved" are destined to go to "Heaven" and will spend eternity there with God and Jesus. If that is true, then it begs the question that I first asked.

Do any of you here have any ideas about this? Did God's initial plan for the planets fail? Did he change his mind? Please let me know what you think.

Sevenz
The planets in our solar system demonstrate clearly and unambiguously that the solar system was created and not "evolved" from "star dust". Every planet is quite different from the rest.

This section of the book In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood explains this in good detail: http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/AstroPhysicalSciences.html

Also, the kingdom of heaven is on the earth. Israel was promised a kingdom on the earth. The twelve were told to pray for a kingdom to come on the earth.

Sevenz

Also, the kingdom of heaven is on the earth. Israel was promised a kingdom on the earth. The twelve were told to pray for a kingdom to come on the earth.
It's interesting what you've said, which I find agreeable. It's also interesting that I have read literally hundreds of obituaries which claimed the deceased had gone to heaven. Confusion at its best I guess.

Thanks for replying. -- Sevenz

Sevenz

The planets in our solar system demonstrate clearly and unambiguously that the solar system was created and not "evolved" from "star dust". Every planet is quite different from the rest.
I agree.
This section of the book In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood explains this in good detail: http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/AstroPhysicalSciences.html
On page 3 of the section of the book you called attention to, it says there are three planets in our solar system that rotate in the opposite direction than the rest. So Venus, Uranus, and Pluto rotates backwards. I find that very interesting, because it's something I never knew before.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
It's interesting what you've said, which I find agreeable. It's also interesting that I have read literally hundreds of obituaries which claimed the deceased had gone to heaven. Confusion at its best I guess.
Were those people saved Israelites? Or were they members of the body of Christ?

Believing Israelites were promised a resurrection into the kingdom. See Ezekiel 37
You're welcome.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Simple:

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race.Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat. - Psalm 19:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm19:1-6&version=NKJV

Sevenz

Were those people saved Israelites? Or were they members of the body of Christ?

Believing Israelites were promised a resurrection into the kingdom. See Ezekiel 37

Hello,

The multitude of obituaries I have read over the years were in regards to church-goers or "members of the body of Christ" as you put it. I will cite a few examples of them, if I may do so without being disrespectful towards the deceased and their survivors. The eleven that follow were all recently announced in the same newspaper.

After three critical surgeries and weeks of intensive rehab, Larry Joe Mullenix, 72, was completely healed and his body restored when he met his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ on Saturday, February 20, 2021. A celebration of life will be at 11:00 a.m., Friday, February 26, 2021, at Paramount Baptist Church

Sue Ellis McIntosh, 74, was called home by her Heavenly Father surrounded by family on Friday, February 19, 2021.

Ira F. Honaker left his earthly home and entered into his Heavenly home Thursday, February 18, 2021. Mr. Honaker was a member of the First Southern Baptist Church

Robert H. "Bob" Hendrix went home to the Lord on February 10, 2021 (John 5:24).

Surrounded by her loving family, JoAnn Bybee passed from her earthly home to her Heavenly home, Monday, February 22, 2021 at her home. She was a long time member of Fellowship Baptist Church

Ray Aderholt entered into his Heavenly home Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Ray was a member of the Primitive Baptist Church

Beaulah (Bea) Bernice Pratt, 84, entered into her Heavenly home Saturday, February 13, 2021. She was a member of Pittsburg Nazarene Church

Billie Simmons was called to her eternal resting place on Thursday, February 4, 2021. Funeral services will be held at the First Christian Church

Rocky Ray Skidmore went to be with his Lord and Savior on January 26, 2021. Memorial services will be 2:00 pm Thursday, February 18, 2021 at Faith Christian Fellowship Church

Louise Taylor, 75 joined her Lord and Savior Thursday morning, February 4, 2021. She will be sorely missed by all who knew her but we take comfort in knowing her legacy lives on in all of us and that she is now with her Heavenly Father. Funeral service will be held 2:00 pm Monday, February 8, 2021 at Faith Christian Fellowship

Billy G. Turner went to his Heavenly home, February 14, 2021. Billy was a member of First Southern Baptist Church

Those are mere examples of what a person would see repeated thousands of times over every single day if it were possible to scan the obituaries in all the newspapers around the world. Those dear people, cited above, had been taught to believe that at death they would spend "eternity" in heaven. In view of the fact that so many church-goers believe such a scenario, it raises the question: Did God's initial plan for the earth and the other planets fail? Did he change his mind? Interestingly, one well-respected "Pastor" (John MacArthur) whom I happened to have been listening to recently on television, emphatically stated that God is going to destroy the entire universe -- meaning that every single planet that revolves around every single one of the countless stars (suns) that occupy the countless galaxies in the entire vast universe will all go up in smoke one day!!!

What do you think about that? Do you find it believable? Do you find it reasonable?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
What do you think about that?
What I think is that you are all over the place.

God had a plan for the earth where Israel is the head nation and gentiles are led by them. That plan is still intact and will be completed when the time is right.

God also had a plan for heaven which is the place for the body of Christ.

Sevenz

What I think is that you are all over the place.

God had a plan for the earth where Israel is the head nation and gentiles are led by them. That plan is still intact and will be completed when the time is right.

God also had a plan for heaven which is the place for the body of Christ.
Hi again Right Divider.

Any idea?

Right Divider

Body part
You stated:

So THAT is the reason God created the planets that we call "Mars," "Venus," "Saturn," "Jupiter," etc.?
That is my opinion. The Bible never explains, in detail, why the individual planets were created. So I'm not sure what your point is by the question in the first place. Perhaps you'd like to be more clear.

Sevenz

That is my opinion. The Bible never explains, in detail, why the individual planets were created. So I'm not sure what your point is by the question in the first place. Perhaps you'd like to be more clear.

Hi Right Divider, and thank you for making it plain to me what you were saying. I understand you.

This is my response and I will try to be more clear:
Does something that is plainly obvious really need to be explained? No! It appears that you are so afraid of "adding to the Bible" that your thinking ability is stunted or maybe even paralyzed. (Please don't take that to mean that I'm being insulting or unkind.) I'm sure that you know that God instructed Adam and his wife, Eve, to be fruitful and to fill the earth with their offspring. (Genesis 1:28) If that first couple had remained faithful the earth would have become comfortably full of righteous, God-fearing, holy people along with animals that were at peace with man and each other -- all to the praise and glory of the Almighty God who created everything that exists. Plain old logic should help us to see that God's purpose for the other planets (billions and billions of them) was to provide a seemingly endless supply of real estate for mankind and animals to expand out to. Or do you prefer to think that God intended for procreation to come to a standstill once the earth had become filled to capacity with human and animal life? I sincerely hope that you don't prefer to think that way, because if you do it makes my heart sink.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Hi Right Divider, and thank you for making it plain to me what you were saying. I understand you.

Does something that is plainly obvious really need to be explained? No!
Please DEFINE that "something that is plainly obvious". Because it is NOT obvious what you're talking about.
It appears that you are so afraid of "adding to the Bible" that your thinking ability is stunted or maybe even paralyzed.
What nonsense!
(Please don't take that to mean that I'm being insulting or unkind.)
It is insulting, even with your excuse for it.
I'm sure that you know that God instructed Adam and his wife, Eve, to be fruitful and to fill the earth with their offspring. (Genesis 1:28) If that first couple had remained faithful the earth would have become comfortably full of righteous, God-fearing, holy people along with animals that were at peace with man and each other -- all to the praise and glory of the Almighty God who created everything that exists. Plain old logic should help us to see that God's purpose for the other planets (billions and billions of them) was to provide a seemingly endless supply of real estate for mankind and animals to expand out to.
There is nothing "logical" about that.
Or do you prefer to think that God intended for procreation to come to a standstill once the earth had become filled to capacity with human and animal life?
I, unlike you, do not read things that are not there.
I sincerely hope that you don't prefer to think that way, because if you do it makes my heart sink.
🥴🤪😂:ROFLMAO:

ttruscott

If evil has been sequestered on earth by the imprisonment of satan's angels and the sinful elect, the good seed, to this planet, there is no reason to destroy more than earth or this solar system...

I also wonder about the extravagance of creation and suspect it will be used for more than just a show. After the resurrection in our spiritual bodies I assume we can travel anywhere like an angel can and manifest a proper body for each environment. If people sang HIS praise when they saw HIM create the physical universe, Job 38:7, how much more will we praise HIM when we get to visit other galaxies?

I like to think that HE created this immense universe to be our playground as we enjoy our fellowship of the marriage union in total communication of emotion and thought telepathically as GOD talks to the angels now.

Sevenz

Please DEFINE that "something that is plainly obvious". Because it is NOT obvious what you're talking about.

What nonsense!

There is nothing "logical" about that.

I, unlike you, do not read things that are not there.

Perform this 5-step self-test immediately:
(1)
Place one of your hands directly in front of your face.
(2) If you are unable to see that hand, turn the light switch to the "on" position.
(3) If you STILL are unable to see that hand, it figures.
(4) Try being humble.
(5) If that doesn't work, you are beyond help and you're wasting everyone's time.

Last edited:

marke

Sevenz
God created the universe and everything in it in six days for His own purpose and pleasure. We know very little about God's intentions other than what He has shared about Himself. The main focus of His dealing with humans is His desire that all sinners would repent of their sins and come to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation.

marke

Humans are likely to preach most people into heaven at funerals. God is not that silly.

marke

Does something that is plainly obvious really need to be explained? No! It appears that you are so afraid of "adding to the Bible" that your thinking ability is stunted or maybe even paralyzed. (Please don't take that to mean that I'm being insulting or unkind.) I'm sure that you know that God instructed Adam and his wife, Eve, to be fruitful and to fill the earth with their offspring. (Genesis 1:28) If that first couple had remained faithful the earth would have become comfortably full of righteous, God-fearing, holy people along with animals that were at peace with man and each other -- all to the praise and glory of the Almighty God who created everything that exists. Plain old logic should help us to see that God's purpose for the other planets (billions and billions of them) was to provide a seemingly endless supply of real estate for mankind and animals to expand out to. Or do you prefer to think that God intended for procreation to come to a standstill once the earth had become filled to capacity with human and animal life? I sincerely hope that you don't prefer to think that way, because if you do it makes my heart sink.
Religious speculation is not much different than science speculation. It can run wild and have nothing to do with truth or reality.

marke

Perform this 5-step self-test immediately:
(1)
Place one of your hands directly in front of your face.
(2) If you are unable to see that hand, turn the light switch to the "on" position.
(3) If you STILL are unable to see that hand, it figures.
(4) Try being humble.
(5) If that doesn't work, you are beyond help and you're wasting everyone's time.
Unrestrained untaught imaginations are the stuff magic puff dragons are made of.