For Christian Liberties closed thread

Dan Emanuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Emanuel
The Old Covenant did not recognize religious liberty as a civil right. Nor did it recognize the right to not be discriminated against based on race, social status/caste, or sex/gender. The New Covenant does (Galatians 3:28 KJV).
That's a really bizarre reading of that passage...
OK. Whats you're reading of the passage then?
...Matthew 5:17 is more applicable to the issue at hand.
Do you believe that we have the right of religious liberty; to practice, or not practice, our religion however we like?

DJ

TrakeM

I stand by what I said in the original post. The old testament says you have no right to choose what to believe. The old testament says murder those who openly disagree with your religion. The old testament is barbaric. That's not the morality of an omnipotent god. Look at the morality of the old testament. Do you REALLY think that came from an omnipotent god? Does that sense of morality scream all knowing, or barbarian?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK. Whats you're reading of the passage then?
Do you believe that we have the right of religious liberty; to practice, or not practice, our religion however we like?

If by "right" you mean that established by the civil magistrate, even assuming the magistrate has it wrong, then "yes".

If by "right" you mean the one, true, religion, established by God, then "no".

AMR

shagster01

Many Christians on this site seem to believe that God made a mistake by giving us free will and they are bent on trying to correct God's mistake. They are on a quest to be more righteous than God. CL has surprisingly turned in to one of those people in the last few months, sadly.

I know he'll say that he'd still allow atheism and other stuff, but he'd say it with a strongarm twisting yours to follow him or not be equal.