ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

(Gal 1:23) ...“The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

Paul's own words completely destroys MAD.

Show where Peter preached the Cross as the power of God unto salvation for Jew and Gentile alike before Paul did.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But no one has answered Tet's point, that Paul himself tells us that he was preaching the same Gospel which he once was attacking...

They won't answer because they can't

These are Paul's words...

WHICH Faith is Paul preaching?
The SAME Faith which once he was attacking...

It is hard to kick against the pricks...

They are more interested in defending Darby than believing Paul's words.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where Peter preached the Cross as the power of God unto salvation for Jew and Gentile alike before Paul did.

(Gal 1:23) ...“The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

You are so afraid of the above verse, you keep ignoring it every time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Christ Himself preached it:

Matt 10:38

And he that taketh not his cross,
and followeth after me,
is not worthy of me.

Matt 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples,
If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself,
and take up his cross,
and follow me.

But no one has answered Tet's point, that Paul himself tells us that he was preaching the same Gospel which he once was attacking...

Gal 1:23
The one persecuting us before,
is now preaching the Faith
which once he was destroying

Arsenios

You're way off base as usual Arseniooos

musterion

They won't answer because they can't

Yes we can. You've been told this dozens of times and you've ignored it every time.

The faith that Saul attacked was Christ as Messiah. As Paul, he did prove from the Scriptures that Christ was Messiah in every synagogue he visited.

That, however, was not the musterion of Christ he was given and which marked his ministry and Gospel as unique. Rom 16:25, Eph 3:9.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That, however, was not the musterion of Christ he was given and which marked his ministry and Gospel as unique. Rom 16:25, Eph 3:9.

You're wrong again.

Christ Jesus was the first to preach mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world.

(Matt 13:35) So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world."

musterion

No he's not.

Christ Jesus Himself preached the cross before Paul.

You lie. Christ told his disciples to be willing to take up their own literal crosses, if need be. Then Peter and Stephen both indicted Israel with Messiah's murder... presenting the Cross as the worst thing Israel did.

But Paul preached Christ's cross alone as the means of the believer's death in Him and, from death, life in Him...presenting the Cross as the best thing God ever did for man.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then Peter and Stephen both indicted Israel with Messiah's murder... presenting the Cross as the worst thing Israel did.

Wrong again.

They indicted the Jews and Jerusalem, not Israel.

If you understood the difference, you wouldn't be so confused.

(Acts 10:39) “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross,

Arsenios

You're way off base as usual Arseniooos

Slapping and spitting won't help either...

Arsenios

brewmama

What insanity...Why do you guys imply that only Paul got revelation? You really discount the Apostles learning at Christ's side as NOT revelation?

Or that Paul wrote letters before Peter, therefore he was preaching something different before Peter?

Do you have any idea how silly and ignorant that sounds?

rougueone

Yep! No instructions to follow Peter!

Heir, I have read Corinthians many times. Noting it is believed Paul wrote about 3/4 of the New Testament. I have never perceived Paul as saying follow Paul. But the words he speaks is to obey and follow Jesus.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What insanity...Why do you guys imply that only Paul got revelation? You really discount the Apostles learning at Christ's side as NOT revelation?

Or that Paul wrote letters before Peter, therefore he was preaching something different before Peter?

Do you have any idea how silly and ignorant that sounds?

Your belief in Catholicism blinds you from the truth of God's Holy Word.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong again.

They indicted the Jews and Jerusalem, not Israel.

If you understood the difference, you wouldn't be so confused.

(Acts 10:39) “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross,

70AD is your focus point.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You lie. Christ told his disciples to be willing to take up their own literal crosses, if need be.

No.

Jesus preached that to follow Christ one must take up their own cross as He did His.

It was not a matter of others taking up wooden ones.

Jesus was speaking the spiritual truth, which His followers would do after He was risen from the dead.---

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

So it was not a matter of "if it need be" , it was imperative.

Then Peter and Stephen both indicted Israel with Messiah's murder... presenting the Cross as the worst thing Israel did.

I have to tell you that the 3000 were Jews from 17 other nations.

But Paul preached Christ's cross alone as the means of the believer's death in Him and, from death, life in Him...presenting the Cross as the best thing God ever did for man.

Unless you take up your own cross you can not be Christ's disciple.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where the Cross was preached as good news before Paul preached it as good news.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ Himself preached it:

Matt 10:38

And he that taketh not his cross,
and followeth after me,
is not worthy of me.

Matt 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples,
If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself,
and take up his cross,
and follow me.

The cross has been preached as a part of the Gospel of Christ from the time of Christ to the present... Paul also preached the Cross... Repenting itself is a cross each of us must take up, so that even John the Baptist preached the Cross when he proclaimed: "Be ye repenting, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!" Good news indeed! The Gospel of Christ from the lips of the Forerunner of Christ: John the Baptizer of Christ in the Jordan!

[my very literal translation]

No one can answer Tet...

You can only attack his person...

What is written cannot be unwritten...

Arsenios

Good post.

LA

Cross Reference

You lie. Christ told his disciples to be willing to take up their own literal crosses, if need be.

As with the kingdom of God being within a Christian, likewise it is to be understood that his cross is within him as well. It can be defined as "old man" or "self" as in anything of the soul that stands against the ruling government of the Kingdom of God supposedly now indwelling him [if he is a Christian]. The argument between the two "entities" [one that should already be dead by baptism, if he is a Christian] and the new birth from above, for the overcoming of the newly bought soul of the individual chosen of God, is where the battle takes place. Here:

From Peter:

"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently" 1 Peter 1:22 (KJV)

And again from Paul:

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" Ephesians 6:11,13 (KJV)

Status
Not open for further replies.