Flat earth proven false

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Eye witness testimony doesn't count?

Interestingly, eyewitness testimony is among the weakest testimony there is. It is all based on point of view, on where the observer is standing. What you see here in the Northern hemisphere is different fro what somebody sees in the Southern hemisphere. Have you ever been to the Southern hemisphere? If not, how can you say that what you have observed is the only correct view?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Interestingly, eyewitness testimony is among the weakest testimony there is. It is all based on point of view, on where the observer is standing. What you see here in the Northern hemisphere is different fro what somebody sees in the Southern hemisphere. Have you ever been to the Southern hemisphere? If not, how can you say that what you have observed is the only correct view?

You might try actually reading the link.

Till then you're not lookin' too bright.

daqq

Bingo! Conspiracy theories are the fodder of the gullible. I also believe this theory was promoted to discredit Christians. It's very much like that 'Uganda Knuckles' meme character out there. It was created and pushed by trolls.

There should be no doubt that the flat earth online topic explosion is a psyop. Obama mentioned either flat earth or flat earth society in at least three different speeches that I have seen and those are pretty much marching orders. The number one target was and is the truther community, knowing that such a target would include a rather large chunk of online Christianity, and that targeting was done by way of what is known as astro-turfing, (using trolls as you say), and we can all see around here how successful that targeting has been. The entire online truther community has been overrun by the flat earth meme, and was literally blindsided because it came in like a flood, seemingly out of nowhere. There is no doubt it was planned and executed on a rather large scale right from the start, (Clif High at HalfPastHuman, the bot watcher, said in one interview I heard, that his intelligence points to the DOD, ("E Ring", disinfo hub)). But see, now I have introduced my own little quasi-conspiracy theory just by what I have said. However it had to come from somewhere: a couple thousand people did not just all wake up one day, which happened to be right around the same day, (give or take a week or two), and all decide to start posting flat earth videos on YouTube.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
You might try actually reading the link.

Till then you're not lookin' too bright.
I looked at that link, there is nothing in it that hasn't been examined and proven wrong on any number of sites. The eyewitness accounts lack the sophistication to understand what they are observing. They lack the funding and drive to actually do the science required to prove their point. They say "My eyes tell me that the Earth is flat therefore the earth is flat." when simple circular geometry would show them that their eyes are incapable of perceiving the curvature of the Earth when standing on the surface.

The claim that perspective accounts for the suns movement yet they completely ignore all the evidence showing that that the sun is ALWAYS the same size. They could do this experiment themselves with a welding helmet yet they don't.

They claim that density accurately describes gravity yet cannot explain why a 1 foot piece of steel and a 2 foot piece of steel that have identical densities have different weights.

The ignore that start traces from the north pole and the south pole show similar rotation patterns. In a flat earth model it is not possible to stars rotate around a point from the southern hemisphere.

The list goes on and on. It is interesting to note that you have not made the slightest attempt to address the information in the opening post. One must wonder why.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There should be no doubt that the flat earth online topic explosion is a psyop. Obama mentioned either flat earth or flat earth society in at least three different speeches that I have seen and those are pretty much marching orders. The number one target was and is the truther community, knowing that such a target would include a rather large chunk of online Christianity, and that targeting was done by way of what is known as astro-turfing, (using trolls as you say), and we can all see around here how successful that targeting has been. The entire online truther community has been overrun by the flat earth meme, and was literally blindsided because it came in like a flood, seemingly out of nowhere. There is no doubt it was planned and executed on a rather large scale right from the start, (Clif High at HalfPastHuman, the bot watcher, said in one interview I heard, that his intelligence points to the DOD, ("E Ring", disinfo hub)). But see, now I have introduced my own little quasi-conspiracy theory just by what I have said. However it had to come from somewhere: a couple thousand people did not just all wake up one day, which happened to be right around the same day, and all decide to start posting flat earth videos on YouTube.

Guess I shoulda been wearin' my tinfoil hat the mornin' I first thought about the earth not spinning.

I didn't first get interested in the subject watching you tube. :thumb:

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Guess I shoulda been wearin' my tinfoil hat the mornin' I first thought about the earth not spinning.

I didn't first get interested in the subject watching you tube. :thumb:

Lets say you are riding in a train traveling at 60mph. You jump up. Where do you land? In the same spot from which you jumped or further back in the train car?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
[/COLOR]
I'm becoming more and more convinced that the primary promoters of FE know darn well it's not true, but like to deceive gullible people and see how far they can go with that.

I am naive about science but who can be that gullible to believe NASA is part of conspiracy?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I looked at that link, there is nothing in it that hasn't been examined and proven wrong on any number of sites. The eyewitness accounts lack the sophistication to understand what they are observing. They lack the funding and drive to actually do the science required to prove their point. They say "My eyes tell me that the Earth is flat therefore the earth is flat." when simple circular geometry would show them that their eyes are incapable of perceiving the curvature of the Earth when standing on the surface.

The claim that perspective accounts for the suns movement yet they completely ignore all the evidence showing that that the sun is ALWAYS the same size. They could do this experiment themselves with a welding helmet yet they don't.

They claim that density accurately describes gravity yet cannot explain why a 1 foot piece of steel and a 2 foot piece of steel that have identical densities have different weights.

The ignore that start traces from the north pole and the south pole show similar rotation patterns. In a flat earth model it is not possible to stars rotate around a point from the southern hemisphere.

The list goes on and on. It is interesting to note that you have not made the slightest attempt to address the information in the opening post. One must wonder why.

One would think that you being a cabinet maker would understand water seeks it's own level.
You still haven't addressed the info in the link.
One must wonder why.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
One would think that you being a cabinet maker would understand water seeks it's own level.
You still haven't addressed the info in the link.
One must wonder why.

Because it as already been addressed ad nauseum. In fact, each one of my statements above directly addresses what was in your link. And you have no response for any of my statements either.