Flat earth proven false

SaulToPaul 2

Scripture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is impossible, using scripture alone, to come to the conclusion that we are on a ball, spinning wildly, among billions of other universes.

It is possible, however, taking scripture literally, to come to a FE conclusion.

Right Divider

Body part
It is impossible, using scripture alone, to come to the conclusion that we are on a ball, spinning wildly, among billions of other universes.
Who believes that?

It is impossible to determine the exact size, shape and layout of the creation solely from scripture alone period.

It is possible, however, taking scripture literally, to come to a FE conclusion.
Nope... that takes a preconceived notion and blinders to the visible nature of the creation.

P.S. The globe earth is NOT "spinning wildly". You are lying about your opponents position.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have ya ever really liked a musician or actor only to find out they are a wacky left wing liberal? It's like a punch in the gut. And once you learn this about them you can't ever take them seriously again on any topic or in any performance. Now that I'm older I never put my faith in people because they will only let you down.

But I must admit this whole Flat Earth thing caught me off guard.

DFT Dave, STP, and Patrick have all punched me in the gut. I never thought in a million years that guys I liked and looked up to theologically could believe such utter craziness.

Lesson learned (again).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

It's possible to use scripture to say that God never changes. But that doesn't mean it's correct.

People can interpret the Bible however they want (take the Urantia group for example). That doesn't mean their interpretation is correct.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

By the way, no, it's not impossible, using scripture alone, to come to the conclusion that we are on a ball, spinning once per 24-hour period, revolving around a star once per 365 24-hour periods. The "billions of other universes" bit? That's just hogwash.

Please stop lumping Creationist "globers" in with atheists. It's rude.

SaulToPaul 2

Have ya ever really liked a musician or actor only to find out they are a wacky left wing liberal? It's like a punch in the gut. And once you learn this about them you can't ever take them seriously again on any topic or in any performance. Now that I'm older I never put my faith in people because they will only let you down.

But I must admit this whole Flat Earth thing caught me off guard.

DFT Dave, STP, and Patrick have all punched me in the gut. I never thought in a million years that guys I liked and looked up to theologically could believe such utter craziness.

Lesson learned (again).

I dare you to look into it for a few days, with an open mind. If you are honest, you'll have serious questions concerning what we've been fed since birth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I dare you to look into it for a few days, with an open mind. If you are honest, you'll have serious questions concerning what we've been fed since birth.

See, that's the thing, STP. We've been discussing this topic for, what is it now, over a year. NOTHING has come up that has made us seriously question our position. And nothing shall, because we guard our minds, as God tells us to do. As you've seen with PJ, one has to deny REALITY to adhere to the belief that the earth is flat. None of us are willing to do so.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are kidding right???

Do you know how long this discussion has been going on? Do you not know how many of Dave and Patrick's videos I have watched??? STP.... the earth is not flat. It can be proven over and over and over again and has been on these threads.

If you are so convinced it's flat why don't you start getting more involved in the debate? I notice you only make short comments on what others are saying you are not jumping into the meat of the argument. Lets get your best arguments here. Dave checked out and Patrick is shooting blanks. Lets see your best. Convince me the earth is flat.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you can provide irrefutable proof, I will submit and believe. I don't care either way. I see much more proof pointing to a flat plane. No need to get hostile.
In Dave's thread, See Clete's post about how far the sun would have to be when it's 1 degree above the horizon if it were only 3000 miles above a flat earth, followed by my response to PJ on how the sun wouldn't even be visible according to Him, which completely contradicts reality.

If you can find an error in either Clete's or my math that shows us to be completely and utterly wrong, then please show us where our error is.

Otherwise, those two posts alone show the absurdity of a flat earth.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The reason for believing flat earth is that you can’t understand the deep things of scripture. Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, blood moon, flat earth. You on the shallow ground son!

SaulToPaul 2

The reason for believing flat earth is that you can’t understand the deep things of scripture. Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, blood moon, flat earth. You on the shallow ground son!

:chuckle:

Show me the verses that lead you to a spinning ball in an ever expanding universe...thanks

SaulToPaul 2

In Dave's thread, See Clete's post about how far the sun would have to be when it's 1 degree above the horizon if it were only 3000 miles above a flat earth, followed by my response to PJ on how the sun wouldn't even be visible according to Him, which completely contradicts reality.

If you can find an error in either Clete's or my math that shows us to be completely and utterly wrong, then please show us where our error is.

Otherwise, those two posts alone show the absurdity of a flat earth.

Will Clete be publishing this? He's going to be a very famous person, settling the issue once and for all.

SaulToPaul 2

Convince me the earth is flat.

Rent a balloon and go up as high as you can go. Tell us what your eyes see.
The horizon should not meet your eye level if you are high enough, and if you are on a ball.

We will take your word for what you witness. Maybe we can put together a TOL fund to finance your trip? :D

SaulToPaul 2

See, that's the thing, STP. We've been discussing this topic for, what is it now, over a year. NOTHING has come up that has made us seriously question our position. And nothing shall, because we guard our minds, as God tells us to do. As you've seen with PJ, one has to deny REALITY to adhere to the belief that the earth is flat. None of us are willing to do so.

Have you researched how the Globe idea came about? Who the players were? The groups they were a part of? The events leading up to the formation of NASA? These things are important in showing the motive to lie.

On the contrary, when you stand in your backyard and look up into the sky, you must deny reality to believe that you are spinning very fast and flying through space. What your common sense tell you does not match what they tell you. But you believe them anyway...

It's similar to believing in transubstantiation...you have to take someone's word for it despite what you personally experience.