Five Serious Questions About the Animals & God

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Well it would be nice if you would accurately summarize what I said. I never said that no one takes takes the shot without believing it will kill them. You've been around here long enough to know now controversial those shots are. Of course there are those who take the shot not understanding what they will do to them. That was my entire point to Clete.
I read what you had written. If you did not mean by it that those who take the shot do so believing it will kill them, then you're a crappy writer. You said that to take the shot is to commit suicide. To commit suicide is to do something one believes will kill him/her. To say that to take the shot is to commit suicide is to say that everyone who takes the shot believes taking it will kill him/her.

Gary K

Banned
I read what you had written. If you did not mean by it that those who take the shot do so believing it will kill them, then you're a crappy writer. You said that to take the shot is to commit suicide. To commit suicide is to do something one believes will kill him/her. To say that to take the shot is to commit suicide is to say that everyone who takes the shot believes taking it will kill him/her.
OK. Whatever you say. Thanks for the education.

7djengo7

Thanks for the sarcastic hostility, hypocrite.
In light of which I am prompted to wonder which (if either) you consider yourself to be: a good tree or a corrupt tree:
I have been changed by the love of God since then. It's a theology called righteousness by faith that when put into action in our lives changes us from the inside out. It's like Jesus said:

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Or, perhaps that passage (your quotation of which you presumptuously prefaced with the words "It's like Jesus said") is altogether irrelevant to what you had said?

7djengo7

Well I guess it was at that. I make a real effort not to be that way anymore. Sorry, it slipped past my guard. I apologize.
No harm done. Don't misunderstand me, here: I've no particular animus against anyone here. I just have a drive to think inquisitively and analytically (and something of a knack for doing so) about stuff people say that rubs me the wrong way.

Gary K

Banned
In light of which I am prompted to wonder which (if either) you consider yourself to be: a good tree or a corrupt tree:

Or, perhaps that passage (your quotation of which you presumptuously prefaced with the words "It's like Jesus said") is altogether irrelevant to what you had said?
A few months ago I started putting into practice in my daily life a concept taught in both the OT and the NT. It's called righteousness by faith. It is comprised of asking God to take control of my life the first thing every morning and every time during the day when I do what I know isn't right. The changes in my life are startling to to say the least. Life long habits of mine such as being sarcastic are disappearing from my life. So are other self destructive habits such as living to eat rather than eating to live. Impatience and anger from growing up abused by everyone in my family is disappearing but I still fail with impatience some times several times a day although I don't blow up in anger anymore. I've always been someone who loved to look at women with lust in my heart. That has almost completely disappeared in my life.

The concepts taught in the Bible are as follows. I'll just give a couple to show evidence to demonstrate my point.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The sins in my life are disappearing naturally without me having to put forth any effort other than just getting to know God better every day and turning my sins over to Him whenever I fail. It is an amazing concept that works better than any human idea. I know as I have struggled with my sins all my life and never made any progresss over coming them. What I have discovered is that the victorious life is relational. Theology and knowing about God are use less in overcoming sin.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What am I talking about? You used to refuse to speak to me about vaccines as you bought into the media hype about them.
You seem to think that I bother to remember conversations I've had with you more than a day or two. I basically forget that you exist. You spend almost your entire existence on this website on my ignore list. Occasionally, when I can no longer remember why you got ignored I may decide to take you off of ignore for long enough to remind myself of how big a waste of time you are, at which time you go back on ignore and I forget you exist again.

I haven't said a word about COVID on this website in over a year, that I recall and so your suddenly finding me on your side of an issue is rather idiotic really.

As to God not protecting his enemies and those who knowingly took the vaccines, why would He? It's like committing suicide to take them knowing they will eventually kill a person? God is supposed to protect them from that? It's like putting a gun to your own head and puillimg the trigger. Does God stop anyone from doing that?
You seem incapable of stringing coherent thoughts together. I literally cannot make heads or tails of this jumbled nonsense.

God has nothing to do with whether anyone gets or doesn't get injured by a vaccine. You live in a dangerous world with people in it who want to do things that are harmful to others. My advice is to get saved before one of them gets you because your next breath isn't promised you.
God's grace is sufficient. Stop pretending like you're being afforded a privileged, supernaturally protected life.

Clete

Gary K

Banned
You seem to think that I bother to remember conversations I've had with you more than a day or two. I basically forget that you exist. You spend almost your entire existence on this website on my ignore list. Occasionally, when I can no longer remember why you got ignored I may decide to take you off of ignore for long enough to remind myself of how big a waste of time you are, at which time you go back on ignore and I forget you exist again.

I haven't said a word about COVID on this website in over a year, that I recall and so your suddenly finding me on your side of an issue is rather idiotic really.

You seem incapable of stringing coherent thoughts together. I literally cannot make heads or tails of this jumbled nonsense.

God has nothing to do with whether anyone gets or doesn't get injured by a vaccine. You live in a dangerous world with people in it who want to do things that are harmful to others. My advice is to get saved before one of them gets you because your next breath isn't promised you.
God's grace is sufficient. Stop pretending like you're being afforded a privileged, supernaturally protected life.

Clete
I read an old post of yours in which you said what I paraphrased.

I'm sorry you don't believe God is capable of working miracles. Your life as a Christian would be much fuller.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I read an old post of yours in which you said what I paraphrased.

I'm sorry you don't believe God is capable of working miracles. Your life as a Christian would be much fuller.
I'm sorry that you feel that it's okay to say things that you know are false. Not that I'm surprised at your bent toward lying, given the fact that you believe that miracles happen all over the place. It must surely be easier to lie to yourself about me than it is to lie to yourself about God.

I'm sorry that you feel like giving God credit for non-existent miracles gives Him glory.

I'm sorry that you feel like lying to yourself equates to living a fuller life.

Gary K

Banned
I'm sorry that you feel that it's okay to say things that you know are false. Not that I'm surprised at your bent toward lying, given the fact that you believe that miracles happen all over the place. It must surely be easier to lie to yourself about me than it is to lie to yourself about God.

I'm sorry that you feel like giving God credit for non-existent miracles gives Him glory.

I am sorry you feel that way. Like I just asked elsewhere in a post, you don't believe in miracles because the Bible is full of miracles? You think I'm stupid for believing the Bible? I see no evidence in the Bible that miracles ever came to an end, if that's what you believe.

Gary K

Banned

I guess it's time to tell you about some, but not by any means all, of the miracles that have happened in my life.

When I was in the first or second grade I was running home after school and ran out into the road I had to cross to get home. I heard the screeching of tires to my left. The driver's eyes were huge and he was hanging onto the steering wheel with all his might. He couldn't have been ore than 10 or 15 feet from me. This was not just a city street. It was a paved country road just on the edge of town and he had to have been going around 40. I turned to run back in the same direction I came from and the next thinng I knew I was standing back on the sidewalk I'd just run off of. That guy slid half way through the intersection so if my guardian angel hadn't moved me I would have been either killed or badly injured.

In the eighth grade my guardian angel spoke to me. I was just dropped off in our driveway coming from school. My older brother was heading out to feed cattle for a rancher whose horse had rolled on him and crushed his ankle. My brother is a pervert and I had been waking up in the middle of the night and he'd have his hand in my shorts playing with me. I'd roll over and pretend I hadn't woke up. He went ever further a few months later. He was asking me to kiss him and putting his arm around me attempting to kiss me. It so freaked me out I finally spat in his face. I ws too scared to tell my parents because a few years earlier my old man screamed and yelled at me and told me that I was the cause of everything that went wrong for the family. That was over something my brother had done to me and the old man wouldn't believe that my brother had started the entire thing so I wasn't about to get whipped or screamed at for doing nothing wrong again.

Back to the story. My brother told me to get into the truck and go with him because he needed help. It was then my angel spoke to me. He told me noy yo get into the pickup because my brother was going to get into a wreck, I told my brother I didn't want to go and he started bullying me. Unfortuanately I had been bullied so long I allowed him to bully me into going.

It had been a really wet fall that year in southern Oregon and judt after we turned into the rancher's driveway we met a pickup coming down the hill. The driveway was only wide enough for two vehicles to squeeze by each other and when we did the right rear wheel fell into a washout that couldn't be seen from above. It took about a half hour to get out of that hole even with the handyman jack the other guy had in his pickup. Well er jet up to the rancher's place andmy brother promptly left me their by myself and took off with another guy to feed the cattle. He got back at close to dark. We started back down the hill and her was driving fast. We were going around an inside corner and he was runnung the left hand tire right on the edge of the road. I started to wonder what he was doing and just then the pickup started to roll over. I spun in the seat so I could hang onto the back of the seat. That was the last thing I remember until we stopped rolling. It was a steep hill and we had gone about a hundred yards down it. We were sitting on the wheels facing up hill with the back bumper against a big pine tree. We started to climb backupm the hill and I started feeling somthing warm on my right hand. I had these weird gloves that were some kind of faux leather on the back and palm of the hand with a knit material between them, I held up mu arm with my hand hanging down and there was blood running out of my right glove. When I got to the top I called my brother over to me and showed him the blood running out of my glove. He took one look and said he was going to run and call our parents so they could get there quicker and took off running up the road.

By the time I got to the top of the hill I was wondering why I was staggering and felt so weak. I had to pull myself up the handrails to the front door. I rang the door bell and the rancher's wife ansered it. She let out a little scream and let me in. She told me to sit on a kitchen she pulled out for me and told me to put my head between my legs. She called to her husbaand to come and get her a towell He came in snd they talked in really low voices for a little bit.

It's obvious my brother never told them I was injured and bleeding. And when our parents got there it wasw obvious that he hadn't told them either as the old man was suprised to see me with a bloody towel wrapped around my aem and still really pale. He asked to call the doctor from their phone so the doc could fix me up.

So there are a couple of the miracles that have happened in my life. There are at least several more.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I am sorry you feel that way. Like I just asked elsewhere in a post, you don't believe in miracles because the Bible is full of miracles? You think I'm stupid for believing the Bible? I see no evidence in the Bible that miracles ever came to an end, if that's what you believe.
Your brain is broken. You seem unable to follow even the simplest lines of thought.

Do you just say things at random or what?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I guess it's time to tell you about some, but not by any means all, of the miracles that have happened in my life.

When I was in the first or second grade I was running home after school and ran out into the road I had to cross to get home. I heard the screeching of tires to my left. The driver's eyes were huge and he was hanging onto the steering wheel with all his might. He couldn't have been ore than 10 or 15 feet from me. This was not just a city street. It was a paved country road just on the edge of town and he had to have been going around 40. I turned to run back in the same direction I came from and the next thinng I knew I was standing back on the sidewalk I'd just run off of. That guy slid half way through the intersection so if my guardian angel hadn't moved me I would have been either killed or badly injured.

In the eighth grade my guardian angel spoke to me. I was just dropped off in our driveway coming from school. My older brother was heading out to feed cattle for a rancher whose horse had rolled on him and crushed his ankle. My brother is a pervert and I had been waking up in the middle of the night and he'd have his hand in my shorts playing with me. I'd roll over and pretend I hadn't woke up. He went ever further a few months later. He was asking me to kiss him and putting his arm around me attempting to kiss me. It so freaked me out I finally spat in his face. I ws too scared to tell my parents because a few years earlier my old man screamed and yelled at me and told me that I was the cause of everything that went wrong for the family. That was over something my brother had done to me and the old man wouldn't believe that my brother had started the entire thing so I wasn't about to get whipped or screamed at for doing nothing wrong again.

Back to the story. My brother told me to get into the truck and go with him because he needed help. It was then my angel spoke to me. He told me noy yo get into the pickup because my brother was going to get into a wreck, I told my brother I didn't want to go and he started bullying me. Unfortuanately I had been bullied so long I allowed him to bully me into going.

It had been a really wet fall that year in southern Oregon and judt after we turned into the rancher's driveway we met a pickup coming down the hill. The driveway was only wide enough for two vehicles to squeeze by each other and when we did the right rear wheel fell into a washout that couldn't be seen from above. It took about a half hour to get out of that hole even with the handyman jack the other guy had in his pickup. Well er jet up to the rancher's place andmy brother promptly left me their by myself and took off with another guy to feed the cattle. He got back at close to dark. We started back down the hill and her was driving fast. We were going around an inside corner and he was runnung the left hand tire right on the edge of the road. I started to wonder what he was doing and just then the pickup started to roll over. I spun in the seat so I could hang onto the back of the seat. That was the last thing I remember until we stopped rolling. It was a steep hill and we had gone about a hundred yards down it. We were sitting on the wheels facing up hill with the back bumper against a big pine tree. We started to climb backupm the hill and I started feeling somthing warm on my right hand. I had these weird gloves that were some kind of faux leather on the back and palm of the hand with a knit material between them, I held up mu arm with my hand hanging down and there was blood running out of my right glove. When I got to the top I called my brother over to me and showed him the blood running out of my glove. He took one look and said he was going to run and call our parents so they could get there quicker and took off running up the road.

By the time I got to the top of the hill I was wondering why I was staggering and felt so weak. I had to pull myself up the handrails to the front door. I rang the door bell and the rancher's wife ansered it. She let out a little scream and let me in. She told me to sit on a kitchen she pulled out for me and told me to put my head between my legs. She called to her husbaand to come and get her a towell He came in snd they talked in really low voices for a little bit.

It's obvious my brother never told them I was injured and bleeding. And when our parents got there it wasw obvious that he hadn't told them either as the old man was suprised to see me with a bloody towel wrapped around my aem and still really pale. He asked to call the doctor from their phone so the doc could fix me up.

So there are a couple of the miracles that have happened in my life. There are at least several more.
If I had the authority to do so, which I do not, I would expel you from TOL for libeling God and for blasphemy.

Gary K

Banned
Your brain is broken. You seem unable to follow even the simplest lines of thought.

Do you just say things at random or what?
And why do you say that? The discussion was on miracles and the Bible is full of them.

I'll copy and paste a post I made to JR so you can give me your thoughts on it.

Sorry, JR, but you have not demonstrated that from scripture. I don't think there is any way to demonstrate it from scipture except to a dispensationalist; They are the only ones I know of who has scripture with your paradigm. And that paradign only goes back to the 1830s or so from John Darby. It's recent theological paradigm that none of the Reformers of the Reformation would have believed. I recently read a 1400 page multi volume tome written by a Frenchman who devoted most his life to writing it He started in 1827 and finished it in 1872. He includes many quotes from Luther, Calvin, Knox. Melancthon and Zwingli. He quotes them enough to say with assurance what they would believe and what they wouldn't. If you're interested in reading it you can download it from Project Gutenberg. The authors name is D'Abigne. It's a very interesting book.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Animals react to the lifelessness of a body that they know.

There will always be those who believe that animals know what death or even know what's right and wrong _ as well as there will always be those who believe the opposite.

And quite frankly it's all assumptions none of it can be proven as an absolute.

Gary K

Banned
Which no one has denied in the slightest.

I do not discuss serious issues with liars who cannot string two coherent sentences together.
That's odd. Why do you suppoase I'm lying? What do I have to gain here by doing that? I;m back here for the long term so what is it I'm gaining by supposedly lying? Nobody is capable of believing differently than MADists?