Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't be dense. Trump was winning in the first several hours after the polls closed but in the darkness after midnight tens of thousands of new ballots for Biden mysteriously appeared without any chain of custody records or means of validation.

This is why Republicans are deathly afraid of mail-in ballots.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ummmm....Yeah.

Notice it's the girl saying it to the boy...

Here, I'll explain it for you.

Just like they need to "see crowds" to believe Biden got more votes than Trump, they need to "see voters" to believe voters can cast valid mail ballots. Some states have been voting exclusively by mail for years now, long before Covid. But Republicans want in-person voting only, so they can then create laws to make it harder for people in high-Democrat areas to vote in person.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Do you understand why they are cautious about mail-in ballots?
Do you understand that the average rejection rate for mail-in ballots has historically been 4% but in this last election cycle it was 1/10 of that?
Do you understand that mail in balloting encourages people to vote before the final debates are held?

ok doser

I hate the idea of expanding mail-in ballots, because I am and have firmly been adamantly against universal suffrage. Half of the population of the United States have IQs less than 100. I don't want stupid people determining the course of my country. I don't want to encourage stupid people to choose our leaders.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Do you understand why they are cautious about mail-in ballots?
Do you understand that the average rejection rate for mail-in ballots has historically been 4% but in this last election cycle it was 1/10 of that?
Do you understand that mail in balloting encourages people to vote before the final debates are held?

I understand you're afraid of mail-in ballots.

Never mind that the fraudit in AZ turned up *surprise!* a Biden win.

Never mind that states have been running efficient mail-in ballot elections for years.

Never mind that *you* don't get to control how people come to their decisions. "vote before the final debates are held" reeks of desperation.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I hate the idea of expanding mail-in ballots, because I am and have firmly been adamantly against universal suffrage. Half of the population of the United States have IQs less than 100. I don't want stupid people determining the course of my country. I don't want to encourage stupid people to choose our leaders.

Thanks for proving my point.

You want control. It's all about the control.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Notice it's the girl saying it to the boy...

Here, I'll explain it for you.

Just like they need to "see crowds" to believe Biden got more votes than Trump, they need to "see voters" to believe voters can cast valid mail ballots. Some states have been voting exclusively by mail for years now, long before Covid. But Republicans want in-person voting only, so they can then create laws to make it harder for people in high-Democrat areas to vote in person.
:rolleyes: Look....I'm not one of these jokers who runs around screaming how Trump was robbed.
Personally I saw the loss coming a mile away. I didn't think it was for sure in either corner. The Democrats had all these little Marxist/Anarchist sub-organizations running around ballot harvesting like mad.
The question of if ballot harvesting is wrong pretty much depends on who you ask so I see it more a a case of Trump being caught with his pants down (Kinda' like Hillary) than him being robbed.

That having been said....Please, please don't attempt to insult my intelligence by claiming that what went on in the last election had anything to do with previous practices.

But...I'm not totally without sport 😃

Please explain to me why it is harder for people in Democrat areas to vote in person than it is for people in Republican areas. :unsure:

ok doser

Thanks for proving my point.

You want control. It's all about the control.
Yes, I don't want the choice of our leadership and the direction of our country decided by morons.

I want to control the stupid people. I understand why that bothers you.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
:rolleyes: Look....I'm not one of these jokers who runs around screaming how Trump was robbed.

I'm sure you think you're above all that.

Personally I saw the loss coming a mile away. I didn't think it was for sure in either corner. The Democrats had all these little Marxist/Anarchist sub-organizations running around ballot harvesting like mad.
The question of if ballot harvesting is wrong pretty much depends on who you ask so I see it more a a case of Trump being caught with his pants down (Kinda' like Hillary) than him being robbed.

That having been said....Please, please don't attempt to insult my intelligence by claiming that what went on in the last election had anything to do with previous practices.

Would you rather I insult your willful ignorance? As I said, there are a number of states who run efficient mail-only elections.

As one of five states—along with Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, and Utah—that conduct elections entirely by mail-in voting, Washingtonians haven’t had to go to a physical polling place since at least 2011. (Each county opens a voting center prior to each primary, special election, and general election, according to the Secretary of State.) Washington was the second state in the country to go all-in on mail-in voting, following the first state, Oregon, which enacted its law in 2000.

California is the latest addition.

Please explain to me why it is harder for people in Democrat areas to vote in person than it is for people in Republican areas. :unsure:

One example:

Texas closes hundreds of polling sites, making it harder for minorities to vote

Guardian analysis finds that places where black and Latino population is growing by the largest numbers experienced the majority of closures and could benefit Republicans

Last year, Texas led the US south in an unenviable statistic: closing down the most polling stations, making it more difficult for people to vote and arguably benefiting Republicans.

A report by civil rights group The Leadership Conference Education Fund found that 750 polls had been closed statewide since 2012.

Long considered a Republican bastion, changing racial demographics in the state have caused leading Democrats to recast Texas as a potential swing state. Texas Democratic party official Manny Garcia has called it “the biggest battleground state in the country”.

The closures could exacerbate Texas’s already chronically low voter turnout rates, to the advantage of incumbent Republicans. Ongoing research by University of Houston political scientists Jeronimo Cortina and Brandon Rottinghaus indicates that people are less likely to vote if they have to travel farther to do so, and the effect is disproportionately greater for some groups of voters, such as Latinxs. . . .

A Guardian analysis based on that report confirms what many activists have suspected: the places where the black and Latinx population is growing by the largest numbers have experienced the vast majority of the state’s poll site closures.

The analysis finds that the 50 counties that gained the most Black and Latinx residents between 2012 and 2018 closed 542 polling sites, compared to just 34 closures in the 50 counties that have gained the fewest black and Latinx residents. This is despite the fact that the population in the former group of counties has risen by 2.5 million people, whereas in the latter category the total population has fallen by over 13,000. . . .

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'm sure you think you're above all that.

:rolleyes: I pay closer attention than most, and I have been doing it a longer time. This is partially why smarmy side-stepping answers such as the type you favor, rarely impress me.

Would you rather I insult your willful ignorance?

Smarmy, side-stepping....You insult yourself.
I never disputed the fact of the Mail-In system existing....Or it's expansion.

Merely it's abuse.

One example:

One example of a nationwide trend which is occurring across all government and business sectors.... Centralization.

Maybe if clowns like you weren't so enamored with central planning less things like this would happen.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
:rolleyes: I pay closer attention than most, and I have been doing it a longer time. This is partially why smarmy side-stepping answers such as the type you favor, rarely impress me.

Oh sweetie, did you think I cared to impress you? 😂

Smarmy, side-stepping....You insult yourself.
I never disputed the fact of the Mail-In system existing....Or it's expansion.

Merely it's abuse.

Which has been negligible, all bluster aside.

One example of a nationwide trend which is occurring across all government and business sectors.... Centralization.

Maybe if clowns like you weren't so enamored with central planning less things like this would happen.

Now THAT's some fancy side-stepping! 😂

Arthur Brain

Don't be dense. Trump was winning in the first several hours after the polls closed but in the darkness after midnight tens of thousands of new ballots for Biden mysteriously appeared without any chain of custody records or means of validation.
Uh, an election isn't won within the first few hours so don't be dense in turn. Might as well argue that someone in front in a hundred metres final has won before the finishing line beckons. He might have been in front when he stupidly claimed victory but he was far behind when all the results came in. Deal with it.

Arthur Brain

"Ballot harvesting like mad"? You sounded pretty sane until that. So, your intelligence is hardly being insulted in relation is it?

marke

Yep. I gave Pence credit for that at the time, and although that's all I could give him considering his his obsequious years of gazing adoringly at Trump while Trump obliterated everything, it was the biggest thing Pence could've gotten right.
Enemies of God hated Trump for supporting border control, gun rights, religious freedom rights, capitalism, law and order, lower taxes, and more.

Good people loved Trump for those things.

marke

The evidence is there. You saw it. But don't expect Orange Man to be charged with much, because at the end of the day it's still a good 'ole boys' club, the Democrats are just about as dirty as the Republicans. and one hand washes the other.
Republicans have not violated the rights of democrats to due process but democrats violated Trump's rights and the rights of his associates in their North Korean democrat communist zeal to stamp out their political enemies by whatever illegal means they could.