Finally, Star Wars makes sense

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Force Awakens review............

The Force Awakens review............

~*~*~

Ah,...comic relief aside,...I didn't see any threads on the new Star Wars movie,....but may have missed it. Anyways, I just saw it in 3D and did read some reviews on it first on IMDB,....so didn't go with too high of expectations. For the most part, I can see now the points made in many disappointed/negative or even scalding reviews, that I might agree with more or less,...but over-all, it was an average-ok (a mixed bag) continuation of the Star Wars saga, true to the tradition, with some weak points perhaps, but whose complaining? well, lots seem to be. Hopefully the next 2 installments are even better! :)

Danoh

Just caught Lucas on Charlie Rose the other night - Lucas has sold all his having anything to do with Stars Wars in any way, shape or form anymore.

Said he was worn out from having to worry about this and that and that he would now focus on using his own money to make movies he'd like to see without having to worry about their having to be hits.

The best to him in that.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
redeeming time............

redeeming time............

Just caught Lucas on Charlie Rose the other night - Lucas has sold all his having anything to do with Stars Wars in any way, shape or form anymore.

Said he was worn out from having to worry about this and that and that he would now focus on using his own money to make movies he'd like to see without having to worry about their having to be hits.

The best to him in that.

Ah, missed that. I can imagine his feelings, and passing the baton to Disney and other directors/corporations was probably inevitable given the circumstances, but they are taking the ball and running with it. Most of the slam reviews at IMDB.com were criticizing the over-commercializing/franchizing/cheapening of the saga's original integrity and story-telling depth for a more polished teen-age oriented Hollywood production catering to some pop-culture trends and dry humor spiffs, sacrificing the story-telling and character-developments, etc.

View attachment 21357

On that note, a timely word from Yoda,

"wisely, the force you must use" ;)