feminists killed tol 

Lon

TLDR
Please do get over yourself, Lon.
And remember the simple code for posts........ Accurate, Brief and Clear.
That's easy to remember......... A.B.C.

Because you make the rules? :think: Aren't you just saying you are tired of me? :think:

Finally, do YOU realize when YOU are off the beaten trail of a thread premise? :noway:

Lon

From my experience, it’s the same here. Equality has to do with equal treatment under the law, not abortion. IF the only issue in regarding equality was abortion, then men would really need to sit down and remain silent in reference to an issue they can never literally experience.

From a Christian perspective, it is never one-sided in that the two become one flesh. It is the sense that no person is THAT independent, or shouldn't be in a similar fashion that Paul says 'we are all one body, and each member belongs to all the others.'

In a fiercely independent society like America, there is a sense where we may have over emphasized and became too independent, rather than "one nation, " "united states" and "indivisible" with "justice for all." The issues of that child, regardless of proximity, have to have shared concern.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From a Christian perspective, it is never one-sided in that the two become one flesh. It is the sense that no person is THAT independent, or shouldn't be in a similar fashion that Paul says 'we are all one body, and each member belongs to all the others.'

In a fiercely independent society like America, there is a sense where we may have over emphasized and became too independent, rather than "one nation, " "united states" and "indivisible" with "justice for all." The issues of that child, regardless of proximity, have to have shared concern.

Just to expand on your post, where do you stand on healthcare, especially for moms, the unborn and children? Prenatal, birth and aftercare are extremely expensive and in many cases, unattainable. I am for full coverage regardless of whether the person in question can afford to pay. Most anti-abortion advocates are against any type of free aid. To me, that is contrary to caring about the unborn.

Arthur Brain

True enough, regardless of what you meant.

:chuckle: (see what I did there? No slight or offense taken, I simply assess what you are made of....)

Your grammar and English are behind. Does it matter? Not really, but I was trying to use it to make a DIFFERENT point. It certainly fled from your comprehension. I'm not trying to say you are dumb or stupid, nor even that your grammar is suffering. You just used 7 periods in succession here. Rather, I used it to try and tell you 'ignorance' isn't a poor trait "IF" you can remedy it. You've been taking slights all along instead of taking 'correction.' It thus makes a LOT of these imagined slights you've taken, reality only in your head simply because you've CHOSEN to call yourself 'stupid' rather than be corrected. Why? :idunno: It is all your own.

Is this a British colloquialism? What does 'so fine with yourself' mean? Then, how is it 'pathetic?'

How about just with intelligence??? :think:

Let's discuss that for a moment: 1) I'm not sure what "winning' looks like, but I've had people who meet me halfway, who were a bit opposed prior. I've had a few positive 'likes' from even those who might disagree and I'd daresay, even you could learn a thing or two from that thread, both from your peers and your opponents. To me: that's a win, but it depends on what YOU mean by 'win.' Simply getting someone to listen and think for even just a few moments is a 'win' to me. Not your idea of a 'win?' Okay. I'm not offended even a little bit. I cannot reach everybody on forum.

Well, which is it? A value judgement ('pathetic') or a question about what I'm trying to convey? The point I'm trying to convey is that there is a huge difference between a correction and an insult. I try for the former and am sad you've repeatedly shouldered the 'insult' rather than the correction. All I've tried to do in thread, is 1) call out where you haven't been informed and read and 2) GET you to read to be informed on topics. You debate from a void. Is that an insult? It is, I imagine, if you won't be better for the information. I try to make a difference on TOL and I try to do that by accurate information. Is there a problem, for instance, with saying "not so many periods at the end of a sentence'? Surely, it is petty on a forum, but I'm simply talking about the 'issue' of a correction. They don't have to be mean, or taken as an assault. You could even say "Lon, I know, I just hit the periods and it doesn't matter!" I'd likely just say "Good point!" or "Okay, no problem." These TOL debates don't always have to be 'winner take all.' We are just people on the internet sharing ideas and some of them are better informed. I'm wrong sometimes and appreciate information. Doser has given me a couple of links this past week that certainly 'corrected' or 'informed my ignorance.' I didn't take offense and he didn't bully me simply because I read his links and commented 'thanks for the information' or 'thanks for the correction.

Pretty much you, on this rabbit-trail. I've simply entertained your thoughts to this point WHILE trying to get you to be better read.

I'd been doing that:

I don't really believe Chrys' premise:

Women are just who are left after all the windfall because, I'd think, are resilient. They are still here. I'm pretty sure I ran off HappyCrustacean by calling here 'puke-face.' At least she left quickly afterwards so perhaps it was 'Lon killed off TOL.' I told Granite he wasn't once a Christian because he couldn't have been and I proved it. He left shortly after. Maybe I killed off TOL?

Why did you call her 'puke face'? What was the reasoning behind that? You proved no such thing in regards to Granite either. He didn't leave because of you, that's for sure.

:plain:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
grover-cleveland-quote-sensible-and-responsible-women-do.jpg

feminists killed tol
and
in the same way they are destroying our country
they have destroyed the family
they have killed their babies
just so they could be equal
silence let them get away with it
good men and women didn't say a thing
good men and women will be held responsible for their silence

Apparently "chrysostom" didn't get the memo that the 19thC isn't about to make a comeback anytime soon!

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Arthur Brain

What differences?
Come on.....
I'm waiting.
Tell me a difference and show how this would restrict female rights, freedoms, opportunities, jobs etc

He'd have a hard job but then he just has this agenda that can't be budged by rational thought...

Lon

Just to expand on your post, where do you stand on healthcare, especially for moms, the unborn and children? Prenatal, birth and aftercare are extremely expensive and in many cases, unattainable. I am for full coverage regardless of whether the person in question can afford to pay. Most anti-abortion advocates are against any type of free aid. To me, that is contrary to caring about the unborn.
I wouldn't think most. There are really good projects from The Salvation Army and from other services started to specifically meet these needs. Taxes? I'm not too concerned with 'how' people advocate help, just that we are involved in doing it. A lot of planned parenthood could use resources to meet these needs too, they just don't. Suggestion: Do a little research into who actually is trying to help these needs you are talking about.

Lon

Why did you call her 'puke face'? What was the reasoning behind that?
She was being a little pukey in some of her posts. I didn't think it was particular offensive, just that she reminded me of a child who spit up (for whatever reason). Likely it was coincidence that she left at that particular time. Would 'puke-face' really chase anybody away? :idunno: (some facetiousness on my part, It was just that one theory was as good as another, at that point).

You proved no such thing in regards to Granite either. He didn't leave because of you, that's for sure.

:plain:
I didn't and don't believe I shooed anybody away. It was simply a 'theory' as is feminists killing TOL. Far fetched? Probably. Point? That I'm not sure 1) if TOL is dead yet 2) that any particular person or group is to blame. These kinds of forums are mostly dead because of cellphone's I'd think. We just don't sit at computers like we used to do.

Lon

I don't think there's any doubt that eider meant it as a derogatory
Have to agree. It was pretty clear and evident he was complaining that my head is too big for him to hang around.

which implies that he considers himself the opposite

:think:

the opposite of "Big Head" .............

Little Head?
Pin Head?
Pea Brain?

:think:

Big Butt? :)
Maybe I come across too strongly?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Have to agree. It was pretty clear and evident he was complaining that my head is too big for him to hang around.

Maybe I come across too strongly?

That poor girl :(

How did I ever miss this?

Added to my watch list - thanks!

Lon

Every time I hear the word equal. I wonder. What are you talking about?
There are differences. Can't you tell?
You can thank God for the differences.
If you can't, you are really mixed up.

"Fair" is better than 'equal' lest we have transgenders winning all sporting events and 'unchanged' women winning nothing. Transgenders still can't have babies, maybe change up the events. :idunno:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Just to expand on your post, where do you stand on healthcare, especially for moms, the unborn and children?

The best way to protect the children is to protect the sanctity of marriage and family. Keeping the father in the home is a critical part of that.

eider

The best way to protect the children is to protect the sanctity of marriage and family. Keeping the father in the home is a critical part of that.

ok.
Do you support pregnancy leave for the last few months, maternity leave for the first six months, full Medicare protection for all children, best education for all children and child allowances for each child?
Disabled children should receive free Medicare and subsistence for life including all equipment which they might need.

A strong bond between man and woman is very important but where this has gone wrong then I don't think that either person should have to live with somebody that they an no longer feel close to.