Females As Leaders/Pastors Of Males In Evangelical Churches.

Hoping

Banned
And if a Bible courtroom and a Sharia courtroom both administered death to homosexuals - they would be acting identically.
Yes, but for different gods.
I think they would also have the same punishments for theft, adultery, and murder.
Of course those punishments are according to OT Laws, so the NT "laws" would forgive and have the perpetrator recompense the damaged.
Thanks be to God.

Hoping

Banned
And if a Bible courtroom and a Sharia courtroom both administered death to homosexuals - they would be acting identically.
Only in the OT.
If a biblically based courtroom exacted death for any crime now, it would show they were from a prior Covenant.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can obey God in your private life without imposing your religious rules on others.

Except that as a Christian, I am called to promote Godliness and righteousness, and condemn wickedness and evil.

Homosexuality is/was a crime, punishable by death, not because society deemed it should be, but because God said so.

You believe homosexuals are deserving of death.

You must have missed my previous post.

Here, allow me to reshare where I get my beliefs from:

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:26-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:26-32&version=NKJV

Guess what, Anna, that includes you too, because you approve of those who do the above.

So do countries that observe Sharia law.

And to that extent, they are just.

City of Man, City of God.
\

I'm not sure what you were going for here...

To the extent that men's laws reflect God's law, to that extent, men's laws are just.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, but for different gods.

Sharia law (as a whole) is unjust.

I think they would also have the same punishments for theft, adultery, and murder.

Do you know what the punishment is for theft according to the Bible?

Do you know what it is according to Sharia law?

Forget the other two crimes, for a moment.

I can tell you right now, one is just, one is unjust.

Of course those punishments are according to OT Laws, so the NT "laws"

There is no such thing as "OT Laws" or "NT Laws."

Morality is absolute. It is always the same no matter the time or place. Murder, adultery, theft, bearing false witness, coveting, are ALWAYS wrong, no matter who does it.

would forgive and have the perpetrator recompense the damaged.
Thanks be to God.

Wrong. You, too, clearly missed what I was telling Arthur earlier.

Only in the OT.
If a biblically based courtroom exacted death for any crime now, it would show they were from a prior Covenant.

Wrong again.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Except that as a Christian, I am called to promote Godliness and righteousness, and condemn wickedness and evil.

You can condemn homosexuals all you want, but in this country you can't violate their civil rights. Or execute them.

So you have the freedom to be prejudiced, but not discriminatory.

You can dream of executions, but you can't legally carry them out.
You must have missed my previous post.

I don't read every post.

those who practice such things are deserving of death

And you'd like to make that happen? Or are you gonna wait for God?

not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Guess what, Anna, that includes you too, because you approve of those who do the above.

I don't approve or disapprove. Are you into thought crimes now?

I'm not sure what you were going for here...

The city of man isn't the city of God.

Dominionists don't want to wait for God, they want to take their human initiative to make cities into their ideal of what a city should be.

I have a feeling some Christians are gonna be super-shocked when they get to heaven.

Hoping

Banned
Sharia law (as a whole) is unjust.
As a whole, any law without God's input is unjust.
Do you know what the punishment is for theft according to the Bible?
OT or NT?
OT calls for reparation.
NT calls for forgiveness.
Do you know what it is according to Sharia law?
Nope.
Forget the other two crimes, for a moment.
OK.
I can tell you right now, one is just, one is unjust.
OK.
There is no such thing as "OT Laws" or "NT Laws."
Are we still stoning witches?
That OT law has passed away, being supplanted by NT "law"s of love and forgiveness.
Morality is absolute. It is always the same no matter the time or place. Murder, adultery, theft, bearing false witness, coveting, are ALWAYS wrong, no matter who does it.
The crime is the same, but men's reactions to them have changed...thanks to Jesus Christ and the principals He introduced.
Wrong. You, too, clearly missed what I was telling Arthur earlier.
You would prefer we take vengeance instead of forgive, as Christ taught?
Wrong again.
Where do we read of any NT church putting someone to death, or exacting any other kind of punishment?

Hoping

Banned
You can condemn homosexuals all you want, but in this country you can't violate their civil rights. Or execute them.
So you have the freedom to be prejudiced, but not discriminatory.
You can dream of executions, but you can't legally carry them out.
I don't read every post.
And you'd like to make that happen? Or are you gonna wait for God?

I don't approve or disapprove. Are you into thought crimes now?
Why don't you disapprove of what God disapproved?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why don't you disapprove of what God disapproved?

1. I have enough problems staying out of trouble myself 2. Not everyone believes in God or in an inerrant scripture and they shouldn't have to live by the rules of people who do, and who can't even agree on what that scripture means. This country wasn't founded with that intention.

Hoping

Banned
1. I have enough problems staying out of trouble myself 2. Not everyone believes in God or in an inerrant scripture and they shouldn't have to live by the rules of people who do, and who can't even agree on what that scripture means. This country wasn't founded with that intention.
Too bad, eh?

This country was, unfortunately, founded to make money.

Hoping

Banned
Well, Hoping, if memory serves me correctly (would actually love to be corrected) you wouldn't lift a finger to defend it.
Why would I need to?
God is my defender.
Are you one of those who relies on nuclear deterrence instead of on God?

Hoping

Banned
So my memory was correct.

I guess you wouldn’t be accepting any helicopter assistance if you were stranded on your roof in the middle of a 100 year flood, right?
Why not?
I wouldn't have to kill anybody or support those who do the killing in order to get a lift.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
1. I have enough problems staying out of trouble myself
Supporters of societally acceptable pedophilia are counting on people like you
2. Not everyone believes in God or in an inerrant scripture and they shouldn't have to live by the rules of people who do, and who can't even agree on what that scripture means. This country wasn't founded with that intention.
Supra