ECT Feasts of the Lord

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:nono:

These feasts are all prophetic and their fulfillment is threefold. Think about it. When did Jesus die? When did the holy spirit descend? The key to understanding this lay in Ecclesiastes. The point was so important that Solomon repeated it.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Ecc 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Biblical history is prophecy. Even the Levitical ordinances are prophetic.
I get that there are prophetic implications and different levels.

But what I am asking about is the literal event they were told to remember --- them coming out of Egypt. There was no other event the feast times were said to be a memorial of.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In all of the feast times it was said that it was a remembrance of God bringing them (Israel) out of Egypt.

i understand, i have to re-read those periods sometime, i get maybe they were all different dates/times of the year but all related to the Exodus, if you say. i don't know enough, so i can't be specific yet. i just think each feast signified or represented a different experience with/through God - all the way up to Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ

Last edited:

achduke

I thought a lot of folks already knew.

I'll try to find several of the verses tonight, or tomorrow.

Leviticus 23:43 'that your generations may know that I made the children of Israel dwell in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.' "

Is talking about Sukkot but does not mention any of the other feasts.

Exodus 12:14 'So this day shall be to you a memorial; and you shall keep it as a feast to the LORD throughout your generations. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance.

Exodus 12:14 only mentions passover. Other than passover and Sukkot I do not see any other feasts connected to the Exodus from Egypt.

fzappa13

I get that there are prophetic implications and different levels.

But what I am asking about is the literal event they were told to remember --- them coming out of Egypt. There was no other event the feast times were said to be a memorial of.

I would suggest that you are missing God's point. He never directly said the Levitical ordinances or feast days were prophetic and yet they are. Those who have ears to hear can't help but glean some appreciation of this if they are paying attention. Those that don't rob themselves of a taste of the meat Paul spoke of. Forever on the teat, as it were.

achduke

It appears dueteronomy is the last scripture to relate all the feasts to Egypt.

Deuteronomy 16:12 "And you shall remember that you were a slave in Egypt, and you shall be careful to observe these statutes.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not really, although that might tie into it.

What I'm trying to get my mind around is that if the 7 feasts were celebrated as a remembrance of what already happened, then each yearly sacrifice of the Passover lamb's blood was not used for the purpose it was in the actual Passover when the death angel passed over the firstborn with the blood of the Passover lamb. That only happened the one time. It was not repeated each year (using the blood of the Passover lamb on doorposts) so that their firstborn would continue to be saved from the death angel. It was a done deal the first time.

If we look at it that way, then their Atonement already happened too.
For the fall feasts (which includes the Day of Atonement) are also a memorial of what already happened when God took Israel out of Egypt.

See what I'm getting at?

Yes totally

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It appears dueteronomy is the last scripture to relate all the feasts to Egypt.

Deuteronomy 16:12 "And you shall remember that you were a slave in Egypt, and you shall be careful to observe these statutes.

The word "you" means the people of Jacob.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Egypt is a type for sin

Which fits nicely for the Jews could not go back even if they wanted to...they could die in the wilderness

achduke

First scripture I know about seasons and God's appointments before Exodus.

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Seasons here is not Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. It is translated from MOED or appointed time.

Exodus 13:3-10
3 And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this [place]: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
4 This day came ye out in the month Abib.
5 And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with milk and honey, that thou shalt keep this service in this month.
6 Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day [shall be] a feast to the LORD.
7 Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.
8 And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, [This is done] because of that [which] the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt.
9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes , that the LORD'S law(TORAH) may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season(MOED) from year to year.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God brought Jacob's people out of Egypt as part of his covenant with Abraham, but the Passover blood was only for the firstborn just as it is today.