ECT Feasts of the Lord

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All 7 of the feasts (appointed times) are said to be a memorial, a remembrance of when God brought Israel out of Egypt.

In other words, each of the feasts were to be a celebration of what already occurred --- God bringing Israel out of Egypt.

All 7 of them, even the fall feasts.

Leviticus 23 KJV
(42) Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
(43) That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.​

To put another way, the yearly Passover celebration was not done so that the death angel would pass over their firstborn.
That already happened.
So the yearly celebrations were only in remembrance of what God already did for them.

I bring this up to cause others to ponder on this.

If Passover celebrations are to remember what God already did, and not to cause God to keep repeating it, then can we not also recognize that the Atonement celebrations were a remembrance of what God already did for them?
:think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
All 7 of the feasts (appointed times) are said to be a memorial, a remembrance of when God brought Israel out of Egypt.

In other words, each of the feasts were to be a celebration of what already occurred --- God bringing Israel out of Egypt.

Leviticus 23 KJV
(42) Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
(43) That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.​

To put another way, the yearly Passover celebration was not done so that the death angel would pass over their firstborn.
That already happened.
So the yearly celebrations were only in remembrance of what God already did for them.

If Passover celebrations are to remember what God already did, and not to cause God to keep repeating it, then can we not also recognize that the Atonement celebrations were a remembrance of what God already did for them?

good post - great thread/post -

i posted earlier in a discussion about the Lord's Supper -

We do this in remembrance -

1 Corinthians 11:24 KJV - 1 Corinthians 11:25 KJV -

you took it to all the feasts, which i don't know well -

Tam took it to a whole nutha level -

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you thinking of Ezekiel 40 Tams?
Not really, although that might tie into it.

What I'm trying to get my mind around is that if the 7 feasts were celebrated as a remembrance of what already happened, then each yearly sacrifice of the Passover lamb's blood was not used for the purpose it was in the actual Passover when the death angel passed over the firstborn with the blood of the Passover lamb. That only happened the one time. It was not repeated each year (using the blood of the Passover lamb on doorposts) so that their firstborn would continue to be saved from the death angel. It was a done deal the first time.

If we look at it that way, then their Atonement already happened too.
For the fall feasts (which includes the Day of Atonement) are also a memorial of what already happened when God took Israel out of Egypt.

See what I'm getting at?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not really, although that might tie into it.

What I'm trying to get my mind around is that if the 7 feasts were celebrated as a remembrance of what already happened, then each yearly sacrifice of the Passover lamb's blood was not used for the purpose it was in the actual Passover when the death angel passed over the firstborn with the blood of the Passover lamb. That only happened the one time. It was not repeated each year (using the blood of the Passover lamb on doorposts) so that their firstborn would continue to be saved from the death angel. It was a done deal the first time.

If we look at it that way, then their Atonement already happened too.
For the fall feasts (which includes the Day of Atonement) are also a memorial of what already happened when God took Israel out of Egypt.

See what I'm getting at?

i do. commemorative, to commemorate. remembrance of God's interactions with them -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yom Kippur, the day of atonement can be observed now but isn't necessary for salvation. it is Mosaic law and is honored. this year it's 9-22,23

i can say i have never really observed it -

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
good post - great thread/post -

i posted earlier in a discussion about the Lord's Supper -

We do this in remembrance -

1 Corinthians 11:24 KJV - 1 Corinthians 11:25 KJV -
That will probably come into play as well, since it is also done in remembrance of what has already happened.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That will probably come into play as well, since it is also done in remembrance of what has already happened.

yes, i think all the feasts are to mark past events - if i saw correctly (i grazed over Lev 23 and the meaning of the day,) since Christ Jesus that day came; once and for ALL -

achduke

Leviticus 23 KJV

That already happened.

God scheduled events at appointed time.

Passover
leave Egypt
Christ crucified

Unleavened bread
First fruits
Christ first to rise from dead.

Pentecost
Israel receives law from God
Apostles receive holy spirit.

Yom Kippur
10 commandments given 2nd time
Christ starts ministry

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God scheduled events at appointed time.

Passover
leave Egypt
Christ crucified

Unleavened bread
First fruits
Christ first to rise from dead.

Pentecost
Israel receives law from God
Apostles receive holy spirit.

Yom Kippur
10 commandments given 2nd time
Christ starts ministry
I get it that the feasts (appointed times) were prophetic of Christ. No dispute there, and it's not what I'm getting at.

What I'm talking about is the literal reason the feasts were even established as literal celebrations to start with.
They (the celebrations of Passover through Tabernacles) were celebrated in remembrance of what had already literally happened to them - God brought them out of Egypt. Not to remember what was going to happen.

achduke

I get it that the feasts (appointed times) were prophetic of Christ. No dispute there, and it's not what I'm getting at.

What I'm talking about is the literal reason the feasts were even established as literal celebrations to start with.
They (the celebrations of Passover through Tabernacles) were celebrated in remembrance of what had already literally happened to them - God brought them out of Egypt. Not to remember what was going to happen.

I do not think all seven feasts were a remembrance. Only passover and Sukkot. Unleavened Bread, first fruits, shavuot, yom teruah and Yom Kippur do not appear to be related to the Exodus.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
well, i'd sure like to hear from ben or chair or Kayaker; someone Jewish that follows, honors and/or observes these holy days/times/dates -

turbosixx

Leviticus 23 KJV

That already happened.

I'm not sure exactly what your getting at, but this passage came to mind. It's not so much a reminder of what God did but a reminder of man's sin.

Heb. 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

fzappa13

Well, one event ---- God bringing Israel out of Egypt.
All 7 of the feast were a memorial to remember that event.

:nono:

These feasts are all prophetic and their fulfillment is threefold. Think about it. When did Jesus die? When did the holy spirit descend? The key to understanding this lay in Ecclesiastes. The point was so important that Solomon repeated it.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Ecc 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Biblical history is prophecy. Even the Levitical ordinances are prophetic.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come... (Colossians 2:16-17 NKJV)​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come... (Colossians 2:16-17 NKJV)​

of course. i mentioned, since Jesus Christ it is commemorative/remembrance. that's what the thread is about i think -

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure exactly what your getting at, but this passage came to mind. It's not so much a reminder of what God did but a reminder of man's sin.

Heb. 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
The plot thickens!
:thumb: