ECT Faulty covenant?

andyc

Inaccurate, invented, dispensational stuff . . .

(You really should not parrot about theology you have not studied.)

OLD COVENANT:

Works according to LAW.

Condemns all, because no human can, wills, or has ever perfectly worked and managed to keep all the Law. Romans 3:9-20

NEW COVENANT:

Salvation according to grace extended to those justified by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. Romans 3:21-31

I like the "God causes them to obey" bit. That's hilarious.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All of the results of the new covenant that are listed in Jeremiah and Ezekiel, you do not believe.

I most certainly do believe the New Covenant was proclaimed by the prophets. It is the Gospel message that was fulfilled by the Incarnate Christ, for souls regenerated with new hearts to believe in Him, called to faith out of all the nations.

Your literal reading of the prophets, blinds you to the ETERNAL accomplishments of the Savior, and the spiritual depths of the New Covenant promises made amongst mankind at large.

You are more selective and limiting of the Holy Scriptures, than any Calvinist I have ever known or read.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So funny.

God cannot cause people to obey works.

Yeah . . that would make "robots" out of all believers, would it not?

Faith establishes the holy Law; not works of the flesh. Romans 3:31

Obedience is evidence of faith, and faith is a spiritual gift from God. Ephesians 2:8-10

andyc

The old covenant was weak through the flesh, because the commandments aroused the sin nature.
STP has invented some kind of way in which people obeyed the commandments either without their flesh being aroused, or they were no longer human.

So stupid!

john w

Hall of Fame
Humankinds' failure to keep it.

The old Covenant was a Covenant of Works, which Adam breached, as well as all his offspring after him.

No such thing as a " Covenant of Works"-your church SOF taught you that-the bible teaches no such thing.

andyc

Yeah . . that would make "robots" out of all believers, would it not?

Faith establishes the holy Law; not works of the flesh. Romans 3:31

Obedience is evidence of faith, and faith is a spiritual gift from God. Ephesians 2:8-10

Of course.
The Ezekiel passage he 's talking about is concerning obedience to faith, and walking in the Spirit.
Those in the flesh are condemned by the law, and those who are in the Spirit are free. Mad has invented a way to be in the flesh and not be condemned. And that makes a mockery of everything Paul taught.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No such thing as a " Covenant of Works"-your church SOF taught you that-the bible teaches no such thing.

Man has never existed apart from God's Covenant. Adam received commands from God in the garden of Eden. Adam was told what he should do to live, and Adam was told what not to do, lest he die.

All men either suffer death under the Law (old covenant of works) or live anew according to faith in Jesus Christ (new covenant of grace).

Both covenants, old and new, are part of the Everlasting Covenant of Redemption; ordained by God, before creation.

Both make up the one, true, Gospel of Jesus Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
Straight out of Ezekiel.
Why don't you believe it?

Ez 11 KJV

16 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.

17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Ez. 36 KJV
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Of course.
The Ezekiel passage he 's talking about is concerning obedience to faith, and walking in the Spirit.
Those in the flesh are condemned by the law, and those who are in the Spirit are free. Mad has invented a way to be in the flesh and not be condemned. And that makes a mockery of everything Paul taught.

Exactly. :up:

john w

Hall of Fame
Your "God causes them to obey", is totally made up, and ridiculous. But it made me laugh, so you get a point for that..

Ez. 36 KJV

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you,
and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

candyandycain: The Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd has not given you the ah-nointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
Man has never existed apart from God's Covenant. Adam received commands from God in the garden of Eden. Adam was told what he should do to live, and Adam was told what not to do, lest he die.

All men either suffer death under the Law (old covenant of works) or live anew according to faith in Jesus Christ (new covenant of grace).

Both covenants, old and new, are part of the Everlasting Covenant of Redemption; ordained by God, before creation.

Both make up the one, true, Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Humanism.No such thing as "the covenant of works," or this "Everlasting Covenant of Redemption"-your SOF taught you that; certainly not the LORD God.

john w

Hall of Fame
Exactly. :up:

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Nag's SOF: "Land" does not mean "land," you see, uh, urrr...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ez 11 KJV

16 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet will I be to them as a little sanctuary in the countries where they shall come.

17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.

19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Ez. 36 KJV

Romans 3:31

Faith establishes the statutes of God. God's Law is holy and good. Jesus Christ was born under the Law and proved righteous, because HE OBEYED it on behalf of those who would place their faith and assurance of salvation, upon Him and His righteousness.

Obedience is not a "work" of the flesh. A work of the flesh always fails, because all fall short of the glory of God.

Have you ever read what Paul is teaching in Romans 3:9-31? Can you not see he is directly revealing no man can be saved under the old Law, but only under the new Covenant of Grace, by faith in Jesus Christ, who fulfilled all the Law on behalf of His people?

The verses of Ezekiel are to be read spiritually, according to Paul's teachings in Romans 3.

To insist they are only fulfilled literally, by earthly means (works) and (unregenerated) men, causes you to miss the Gospel message of Spirit and Grace altogether.